16.

The Night Crew

Once arrived at the queen, she smiles at me and bows before she continues to compliment me how amazing I look in royal attire. I can't get used to it, but that won't go away if it's announced to the public that I am back. Because I have to appear more in public and the citizens are going to find out about the real me, including the fact that I am one of The Night Crew. I simply nod to accept her compliments, but I feel too embarassed to express how I truly feel.

Out of the blue, I hear those same three ghosts that are always near me. I have accepted by now that I can see them and I also have found out that they are here to help me and to keep an eye on me, but it still feels unreal that I can see ghosts. One of them shares with me that Seonghwa, Byeongkwan, Joon Gi and Yunho are here too, so that they can see how I am doing these days. I still fight with The Night Crew against the ghosts, but the queen wants me to quit with it as she wants me to focus on being a prince. Are you kidding me? Being a member of The Night Crew is something that has been destined for me since I was young, although I became a member at the age of 18. I can't quit wth this. But I'm glad that they haven't forgotten about me.

At the right sign, we make our way outside and a lot of guards are there. But on the other side of the gates, I can see many citizens being curious what is going on. For some reason, I don't feel comfortable outside. As if something is going to happen anytime soon. While these thoughts run through my head, I scan the entire square to see if I can find any of The Night Crew. I feel disappointed when I don't see them on the square, but I hope that they are at the gates. The gates are opened by a few guards and many citizens wonder what is going on, but the curiosity turns into surprise when they see me. I always have been like a normal guy to them, so I can understand why this is so weird to them. To my happiness, The Night Crew stands in front of all these citizens. So I can't help but smile, I'm happy to see them again.

''It is with great happiness to announce that the crown prince is back. We wanted to focus on his recovery, as he was badly injured shortly after he got here. We hope that you will support him in his journey to become the next king. We wanted to share this news with you first, so that the citizens have something to hope for.'' the queen explains and the citizens start to cheer for me. I never cared much about my positon in society, but I'm glad that the people are going to believe in me and that I'm able to restore their trust. I have heard so many stories how much the citizens have lost trust in the king, so I hope I can restore that. But until that moment is there, I want to remain to be a part of The Night Crew. I need them more than anyone.

I bow for the people in response and a bright smile appears on so many faces, relief is something that is coming from the people. But right when I look up, some stuff is thrown at us that I can't even explain. The people start to scream and the queen run back inside with the prince, as Seonghwa and Yunho take me with them. Byeongkwan and Joon Gi follow us immediately. I feel relieved that this moment is cut short, because I want this attire off of me as soon as possible. The group brings me to my room and Byeongkwan and Seonghwa are fast enough to take this attire off and to get me dressed as a scholar. Yunho adds my mask and we're ready to go. 

''I'm glad you guys were here. I hope that you guys are able to stop by more often.'' I manage to say as we make our way outside. Byeongkwan smiles and shares with me that they are happy aswell to have me with them, because The Night Crew isn't complete without me. This is one of the few times that we perform as The Night Crew at daytime and this won't be the last time.

''Oh my, look! The Night Crew is here!'' prince Hakyeon says and as expected, the king stands there with this strange guy next to him. But at daytime, this guy can't do much with ghosts. I don't know what he is going to do now, but I will take him down. In the mean time, the citizens gasp as we enter the scene and I can hear them expressing relief. I still don't know the name of this weird guy, but I don't care either. He starts to smile and he is whispering something into the king's ear. I don't know what he is saying, I wish I could read minds, but I will know soon. The king is surrounded by some guards and the king takes one of those swords, as he makes his way to us. The people start to scream in fear, but I smile behind my mask. 

The five of us take a step forward and I can hear the prince cry behind us. I don't know how many times he has cried, but I know that he barely does this. The king lashes out with the sword, but I manage to kick it out of his hands. The king growls and I can see that his eyes are no longer a brown color, they have changed to red. This indicates that he is possessed and that he is out of his mind.

''You need to die!'' the king screams and Yunho wants to lash out with his sword, but I hold him back from it. I raise my hand and I tell Yunho not to do it. If he kills the king, Yunho has to be burned alive and that is the last thing I want. Yunho lowers his sword on my command and I look at the king again.

''I think whoever is inside you needs to die... and so does your master.'' I fire back and it's then that an arrow is fired at me, but I manage to turn it into ice and to avoid it by bending forward and getting back up after the arrow is past me. But then I see a torch and I start to bend the fire, which I hold in front of the king. The king growls, but backs off immediately. I am going to expose myself a little, but not too much. The big surprise comes at the end of this wild ride.

''You better leave me alone. Or else I'll ruin your master's life! You can't kill me, neither is your master able of doing so. I'm not afraid of you!'' I tell him in a threatening tone and I lower my hand, as the fire disappears. I walk backwards, because it's a dangerous thing to do if I would walk away from him while turning my back on him. I want to stay in control of this situation and I will let the king know that no one can mess with me. They may hurt me, but I'll come back stronger. Yunho lifts me up, turns his back to the king and we run away, the other members following us. We rush through the gates and we make our way inside the palace, straight to my room.

''Thanks Yunho, I'm glad you got me out of there. For some reason, I knew something was going to happen, I just didn't know what. So I am glad that all of you are here.'' I sigh out of relief, as Yunho lets go of me and I take off my hat. Everyone takes their hats off and also their masks. Joon Gi moves closer to me and places a hand on my shoulder, asking me if I'm okay. I nod to his question and a smile on his face appears as a result. I feel much more safe with these guys around, I feel like the guards can't protect me. I don't want to be on the throne if I can't have these guys around me 24/7, because The Night Crew are my true guards and not those guards from the palace.