Room 1542

The Biggest Little City

Jinsoul awoke to the sound of knocking at her door. She shifted in her bed, staring at the source of the noise before deciding to ignore it. She picked up her phone to check the time. "It's only eleven, the maids don't come until one," Jinsoul mumbled in confusion. She was about to check her messages when she heard more knocks.

"Open the ing door!" a voice yelled. Jinsoul rolled her eyes, recognizing Hyejoo's voice immediately. She got out of bed and attempted to fix her hair before opening the door. Standing in front of her was Chaewon, Hyejoo, Yerim, Yeojin, Haseul, Vivi, and Jungeun. As soon as she opened the door, the seven girls all piled into the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jinsoul asked, a confused expression on her face.

"We decided to hang out here today, since it's Vivi's day off," Jungeun responded, plopping down onto Jinsoul's bed and gesturing for Jinsoul to sit next to her. Vivi laid down on the bed too, and Haseul quickly followed. Yeojin grabbed Jinsoul's phone.

"What are you doing?" Jinsoul exclaimed.

"Texting Hyunjin and Heejin to meet us here," Yeojin responded casually.

"I can do that," Jinsoul muttered, taking her phone away from Yeojin and texting the girls herself.

Meet at my room, room 1542. Apparently we're hanging out there today, she sent.

Jinsoul plugged her phone back in and looked around the room. Jungeun was smiling at her, Yerim and Yeojin were sitting on the floor, Haseul and Vivi were lying down on Jinsoul's bed, and Chaewon and Hyejoo were looking through Jinsoul's things.

"You need new clothes," Hyejoo grumbled as she rummaged through Jinsoul's clothes.

"Yeah, we should take you shopping some time," Chaewon added.

"But her clothes are so nice!" Jungeun protested. “She looks pretty in them."

"Actually they're right, I haven't bought anything new since eighth grade," Jinsoul said, chuckling, trying to not get weird since Jungeun called her pretty. Chaewon and Hyejoo shared a look.

"I think it’s time we took a trip to Hot Topic then," Chaewon insisted as she and Hyejoo walked into Jinsoul's bathroom.

"Why does your shower smell weird?" Hyejoo asked.

“Why would it smell weird?” With a sigh, Jinsoul got up and made her way to her bathroom. It just smelled like her flowery shampoo. “What do you have against florals?”

"Florals,” Hyejoo and Chaewon simultaneously muttered with a shudder. 

"Ugh, guys, leave her alone," Jungeun said. Just then, there was a knock on the door. Jinsoul groaned and flopped back down on the bed. 

"I'll get it," Jungeun said, standing up and opening the door for Hyunjin and Heejin. "Hey guys!" 

"Hi! Your room is nice," Heejin said, looking around for a place to sit. The bed was already full, and Chaewon was sitting on Hyejoo's lap on the chair. Eventually, she and Hyunjin sat on some of the pillows Yerim and Yeojin had put on the ground.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Yerim asked the group.

"Are any of you hungry? I literally just woke up so I could go for some breakfast," Jinsoul suggested.

"Well, we brought some candy," Hyunjin said, dumping a bunch of stuff from the vending machine out of her pockets. Heejin did the same.

"Me and Hyejoo brought coffee," Chaewon spoke, pulling out a case of cold brew cartons.

“I have some saltines I found in my mom’s purse,” Yeojin added, throwing a ziploc bag of saltines into the food pile. 

"And I have some orange chicken from panda express," Vivi said, placing a panda express box on top of the candy bars.

"Thanks for bringing food," Jinsoul said happily.

"It's the least we could do for barging into your room without warning," Yerim responded.

"Come on; I’m starving!” Yeojin whined. 

Jinsoul smiled at the young girl. “Well, let's eat!" 

"Wait, do you have forks?" Jungeun asked Vivi.

"Just a few, here, we can share," Vivi said, putting five sporks in the middle. They grabbed the sporks, everyone pairing up with their girlfriends/crushes (except Yerim, who got her own because Yeojin refused to eat with a fork instead of her fingers) so they could share the chicken.

After a few minutes, most of the food was gone except for a few candy bars, and the girls had nothing to do again.

"What do you usually do when you're here alone?" Heejin asked Jinsoul.

"Honestly, I just watch TV," Jinsoul replied.

"What do you watch?" Hyunjin asked. Jinsoul blushed.

"Um...I usually watch reality TV...," Jinsoul said, feeling embarrassed. The rest of the girls giggled. "Come on, it's not that bad, and I'm on vacation!"

"Are you sure it's not that bad?" Haseul asked sarcastically.

"I'm sure!" Jinsoul replied.

"Prove it then," Haseul said.

"Alright then, I will," Jinsoul spoke with determination, leaning backwards to grab the remote off of the bedside table. She the TV, noticing what it was and smiling at Chaewon and Hyejoo.

"You two are going to love this one," Jinsoul said happily to them.

"What is it?" Hyejoo asked.

"It's Untold Stories of the ER, of course," Jinsoul responded.

"What's it about?" Chaewon asked.

"Basically, it's about real life weird medical cases. There’s lots of gross graphic body stuff and sometimes death, " Jinsoul explained.

"Holy that sounds awesome! How have we not heard of that show before?" Chaewon said.

"It’s exactly what I need right now," Hyejoo added, and they turned to the TV.

During the episode, Hyejoo stayed in her spot on Chaewon's lap. The two girls were very concentrated on the episode, but Chaewon wrapped her arms around Hyejoo's waist to play with her fingers. 

Yerim, Yeojin, Hyunjin, and Heejin kept their spot on the floor, Yeojin finishing off the leftover candy bars. Heejin rested her head on Hyunjin's shoulder. 

Haseul, Vivi, Jungeun, and Jinsoul squished into the bed, all of them leaning against the headboard with their legs under the covers. Vivi stared intently at the screen, while Haseul stared intently at Vivi. 

Jungeun and Jinsoul watched everything, chuckling at Haseul and grimacing at the TV. About halfway through the episode, Jungeun faked a yawn and wrapped her long arm around Jinsoul's shoulders. Neither of them said anything, but Jinsoul grinned and blushed.

"That actually wasn't so bad," Vivi admitted. 

“If a little gross,” Yerim mumbled under her breath.

"That was amazing!" Hyejoo said happily.

"Is another episode next?" Chaewon asked.

"No, next is Sweet Home tuplets," Jinsoul responded. Everyone but Jinsoul groaned.

"How do you even know that?" Hyunjin asked.

"I may have memorized the showing times. Anyways guys, come on! Sweet Home tuplets is one of my favorites!" Jinsoul whined. Everyone rolled their eyes, but turned back towards the TV (except for Haseul, who continued to stare at Vivi).

"Why...are there...so many..." Chaewon mumbled.

"Seriously, that’s too many babies. Even just one baby is enough for me," Hyejoo said.

"I mean, it’s not their fault. It’s not like they wanted so many babies," Jinsoul explained.

"It’s still too many babies," Chaewon said.

"She has a point," Yeojin admitted. They all shook their heads in agreement and watched the show.

After a few minutes, the girls began to get bored. Chaewon pulled out her phone and started looking through tik tok. 

"What are you doing?" Hyejoo said quietly.

"Something interesting," Chaewon explained. Hyejoo grinned as Chaewon turned from watching the videos to making them. She started lip syncing screaming along to the lyrics of some emo song, Hyejoo joining in quickly. Soon enough they began smudging their thick mascara so it looked like it was running down their faces. 

Meanwhile, Hyunjin and Heejin were attempting to concentrate on the show, but kept looking over at Chaewon and Hyejoo to give them weird looks.

"Don't worry, they do that all the time. It's sort of their thing: making weird tik toks at inconvenient moments," Yerim whispered to Hyunjin and Heejin. They nodded at Yerim, but kept looking over at the two girls who were technically their age. At this point, they were throwing their whole bodies into these lip syncs. Hyunjin looked at them worriedly, but Heejin squeezed her girlfriend’s hand, directing her attention back toward the screen. Hyunjin smiled and pecked Heejin on the cheek, and they kept watching the show. 

On the bed, Vivi had fallen asleep. Her body had shifted so she was lying completely on top of Haseul. For a long time, Haseul stared at Vivi, her eyes wide with shock. Jungeun and Jinsoul chuckled from the sidelines, giggling at Haseul's awkwardness. Once she got over her shock, Haseul tentatively wrapped her arms around Vivi's small body. Haseul tensed up, but when Vivi smiled in her sleep, Haseul relaxed (but only a little bit). Jungeun still had her arm around Jinsoul's shoulders, but then she started to squeeze Jinsoul's shoulder. Jinsoul was confused for a few moments.

"You seem tense. Do you want me to give you a massage?" Jungeun whispered into Jinsoul's ear. Jinsoul's expression went from confused to shocked. She nodded quickly, nervous that she might embarrass herself in front of her crush, but still excited. Jungeun adjusted so that Jinsoul's back was facing Jungeun's chest, Jinsoul sitting in between Jungeun's legs. When Jungeun began to massage Jinsoul's shoulders,s he began to relax. She shut her eyes, letting Jungeun's large hands bring her relaxation. Jungeun didn't press too hard, but made sure to make Jinsoul feel nice. As Jungeun moved lower, Jinsoul let her head fall back, embracing the feeling.

"Is this nice?" Jungeun whispered to Jinsoul. She lifted her head up and nodded at the girl. As Jungeun's hands moved lower, Jinsoul bit her lower lip to make sure she didn't let out any embarrassing noises. She really just wanted Jungeun to keep on doing this forever. Jinsoul bit her lip harder, trying desperately not to look too into this. She looked over at Haseul, and Haseul wiggled her eyebrows at Jinsoul, taunting her. Jinsoul rolled her eyes and flipped her friend off, refocusing her mind back toward her goal of not making noise.

By the end of the episode, Jinsoul was a complete mess, her body slightly sweaty, and her face a bright red.

"Vivi, wake up, it's over," Haseul said, gently tapping Vivi. Vivi yawned, looking around and giggling.

"Did I sleep through the whole thing?" Vivi asked.

"Yeah," Haseul said, and smiled, a little overly affectionately. Jungeun reached around Jinsoul to turn off the TV.

"Are you all alright?" Yerim asked Jinsoul.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jinsoul said, her voice a bit gruff.

"Are you sure?" Jungeun asked, placing her hand on Jinsoul's forehead. "You feel slightly warm, you're probably sick," she said worriedly. Chaewon and Hyejoo turned away from Chaewon’s phone to groan.

"Dude, she's not sick. Your ing massage just made her really , that's all," Hyejoo said.

"Don't be so rude! Jinsoul is sick," Jungeun said with slight annoyance. Chaewon and Hyejoo rolled their eyes, and turned back to Chaewon’s phone.

"I swear to god, I'm not sick, I'm fine," Jinsoul insisted.

"I don't believe you, let me take care of you," Jungeun said with determination, rushing to the bathroom to find something to help out Jinsoul.

"Well, I don't want to get sick, so we should probably go," Heejin said sadly.

"But I'm not sick!" Jinsoul whined.

"You look pretty sick. We're going to go now. Thanks for inviting us! Maybe we can hang out tomorrow if you're feeling better," Hyunjin said. Jinsoul sighed, giving up on trying to convince them she was alright.

"You should probably go home too, I don't want you getting sick," Vivi said with concern. Haseul grinned.

"Same for you. I'm driving everyone home now!" Haseul said, and Yerim and Yeojin stood up.

"Doesn't anyone care if I get sick?" Yeojin asked, pouting.

"Of course! We can't let our little angel get sick," Haseul said.

“I’m no angel,” Yeojin grumbled as Jungeun returned from the bathroom with a wet cloth.

"Here you go Jinsoul, make sure to put this on your forehead," Jungeun said quickly.

"Jungeun, we're leaving! We don't want to get sick," Haseul said, linking arms with Vivi, Yerim and Yeojin snickering at them from behind. 

"No! I have to take care of Jinsoul," Jungeun said sadly.

"I'm fine, seriously!" Jinsoul said. Normally, she would have wanted Jungeun to stay, but she was really embarrassed about this whole thing. At that moment, Chaewon and Hyejoo detached themselves from each other and walked over to Haseul.

"Dude, she's not ing sick. Just come on," Hyejoo said. Jungeun sighed, but walked over to the rest of the girls.

"Bye," she said sadly, waving at Jinsoul. As Jinsoul waved back, Jungeun quickly ran over to peck Jinsoul on the cheek. She quickly went back to the other girls and left Jinsoul's room. 

After a few minutes, Jinsoul checked to see if they were far from her room. 

“ing hell,” she groaned as loudly as she could without the neighbors saying anything.