The LEX Nightclub

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul woke up feeling a little too excited. Today was the day that Jungeun was finally going to stay over; nobody could separate them, for a few days at least. She leapt out of bed, throwing open the curtains and putting all of her dirty clothes in a drawer. She took a long shower, trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach before throwing on some casual clothes.

When she was done, she sat back down on her bed and looked at her phone. She assumed that the bed would just get messed up anyways from all of their cuddling (nothing more!), so she didn't bother to make it.

Her phone said that she had one new text so she opened it:

Hey baby, Jungeun wrote, Jinsoul immediately smiling at the nickname written on her phone, I have to drive my grandparents to the airport, so I won't be there until around five. Haseul and Yerimmie are coming with me, but I promise they'll leave after a while so we can be alone. So excited! She ended her message with the red heart emoji.

Jinsoul smiled. She was disappointed that Jungeun wouldn't be coming over sooner, but the fact that she was staying the whole night made up for it.

Alright I'll see you then! I’m so excited too, Jinsoul responded. After she sent the text, she grabbed her things and left her room, going down to the ground floor to grab breakfast with Yeojin (and ignore her making fun of her and Jungeun).

~~~~~~~~~~

At around five o'clock, Jinsoul was in her bed, sipping on a vanilla frap and watching Four Weddings with Yeojin, who she invited so that she wouldn’t get too nervous while waiting for Jungeun. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door, and quickly jumped out of bed to go see who it was. 

"Jindori!" Jungeun said happily as Jinsoul swung open the door. She pulled her new girlfriend into a tight hug as Vivi, Haseul, and Yerim walked into the room. Jungeun picked Jinsoul up, spinning her around in a circle before gently putting her down.

"Hi," Jinsoul said, grinning and holding Jungeun's soft hand. The two of them turned around, seeing that Haseul, Vivi, and Yerim had taken over the bed in the space around Yeojin. Jinsoul groaned.

"Can't you guys sit somewhere else?" Jungeun whined.

"But it's comfy here," Yerim whined back.

"Chaewon and Hyejoo's chair is comfy," Jinsoul said.

"Who knows what they've done there?" Vivi mumbled.

"Anyways, if it's so comfy, why don't you two sit there?" Haseul retorted. Jinsoul and Jungeun sighed and sat on the floor.

"I wonder what the two of them are doing right now," Yerim said, referring to Chaewon and Hyejoo. 

"I don’t think any of us want to know what they’re doing,” Yeojin responded, and everyone chuckled.

"Do you guys ever worry about them? Like, do you ever get afraid that they get bullied at school?" Vivi asked.

"Eh, I'm not worried. They've known each other since birth, and they've liked each other since elementary school. As long as they have each other, then I'm okay with it. I think they can get through anything together," Jungeun explained.

"I mean, it’s not like they’re doing anything really dangerous. If they weren't being safe, I'd kill them both," Haseul said.

"We're their sisters, we know them best. If they weren't doing anything that wasn't alright for them, we'd put a stop to it immediately," Jungeun spoke.

"I'm so glad they're dating; it's so much easier to keep watch on them," Haseul added. “Even if they’re a bit codependent.”

"It's sweet how protective of your sister you are," Vivi said to Haseul. 

She grinned and blushed shyly. "Thanks..." 

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Yerim asked.

"Are you guys hungry?" Jungeun said.

"Oh my god I'm starving," Haseul responded.

“Same,” Yeojin groaned.

"I could go for some food," Vivi added.

"Do you know any good places here?" Jungeun asked Jinsoul.

"We could go to the buffet," Jinsoul suggested.

"Buffet?" Haseul said excitedly, sitting up quickly.

"Buffet it is," Jinsoul said, standing up. The other girls followed her.

"How much should I give you?" Jungeun asked as the group stepped into the elevator.

"Don't worry, I get everything free," Jinsoul answered.

"Wait...so we're eating at an all you can buffet....for free?" Haseul asked.

"Yup.”

 Haseul grinned, jumping up and down excitedly. "Free food, free food, free food," she chanted as they left the elevator. Vivi looked at her, gaze both humorous and loving.

"Do you really think you can handle all of...that?" Yerim whispered to Vivi, looking at Haseul dance around. Vivi chuckled.

"I can try," she responded, smiling softly. At that moment, they arrived at the buffet, and Jinsoul swiped her card as they walked inside.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is so awesome," Haseul said, sitting down across from Vivi. Her plate was stacked high with all sorts of food: meat, bread, pasta, and all kinds of fruit (no vegetables of course). She was also carrying another plate, which was covered with all different deserts.

"Can you really eat all of that?" Vivi asked incredulously.

"When's the next time I'm going to go to a buffet for free? I have to stuff myself," Haseul responded.

"Oh my gosh guys, it's like we're on a double date!" Jinsoul exclaimed.

"But we're not dating," Haseul said.

"Not yet," Jungeun muttered.

"And I'm here," Yerim added.

“Me too,” Yeojin spoke up.

"Well these two are practically dating," Jinsoul said, pointing to Haseul and Vivi. Both of them blushed and looked down at their food.

"What about me and Yerim? Are we the eternal..." Yeojin paused, counting on her fingers, "Ninth and tenth wheels?"

"Yeah, sort of," Jungeun responded.

"Speaking of which, where are Heejin and Hyunjin?" Vivi asked.

"They left yesterday," Jinsoul responded.

"Aw, I liked them," Haseul said sadly.

"I'll miss them. They were the most sane middle school students I've ever met," Yerim said. 

"Their parents are married you know," Yeojin responded.

"What?!" the other girls exclaimed, turning towards Jinsoul and Yeojin.

"Well, they met when their parents started dating," Jinsoul explained. 

"Wow..." Jungeun murmured.

"Never mind," Yerim said and dug into her food.

"How old were they when they met?" Haseul asked.

"I think they were eleven or so," Jinsoul answered.

"Oh, that's not so bad then," Vivi said.

"Yeah, that's not bad at all," Haseul added.

"I guess," Jungeun mumbled.

"As crazy as they were, they were pretty cool," Yerim spoke. Everyone nodded, and continued to eat.

"Damn," Jinsoul said suddenly, staring at Haseul's plates; they were both empty.

"How did you even do that?" Vivi asked. Haseul just smiled and made a cute face. Vivi smiled back softly.

"Are you guys done?" Jungeun asked. Everyone nodded and stood up, walking Yeojin to her room (her parents wanted her home) before going back to Jinsoul's.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you guys want to do now?" Haseul asked, sitting down on the ground next to Vivi. Jungeun and Jinsoul shrugged as they snuggled on the bed.

"We could look through the hotel book," Yerim suggested as she spun around on the desk chair.

"That's a good idea," Jinsoul responded, and Yerim grabbed the book. Shee flipped through the pages, murmuring, "No, no, no," until she stopped on one.

"There's a nightclub here," Yerim said.

"But we're underaged, we couldn't get in," Vivi responded.

"I could get us in if you all wanted," Yerim spoke.

"That would be really ing crazy," Jungeun muttered.

"I'm down," Jinsoul said. 

"Seriously?" Jungeun asked Jinsoul quietly, and she nodded. "Then I'll come too."

"I'll go. I really do need to get out more," Vivi added.

"I'll go too. Why not?" Haseul spoke.

"But what if we all drink? Who will drive us home?" Yerim asked.

"I'll drive us. I promise I won't drink," Haseul responded.

"Do you promise?" Yerim said firmly.

"I promise! I don't want any of us getting into a car accident," Haseul said.

"It's a bit early, we should wait before we go," Jungeun said, and everyone nodded.

"I'm going to go change," Jinsoul said, picking out some clothes and going into the bathroom. Ten minutes later, she returned to the main room. "So, how do I look?" Jinsoul asked, spinning around. Jungeun's jaw dropped.

"Holy you look awesome!" Haseul squealed. 

"You do look really nice," Yerim added. Vivi nodded in agreement.

", Jinsoul," Jungeun muttered, checking out her girlfriend and biting her lower lip. Jinsoul grinned and blushed.

"Do you really think it looks that nice?" Jinsoul asked bashfully.

"Yeah," Jungeun responded seriously, breathlessly.

"Oh my god you’re acting like such a boy," Yerim teased.

"Shut up, it’s Hyejoo and Chaewon's job to tease me, not yours," Jungeun whined. 

"Well, someone has to take over when they're not here," Yerim responded. Jinsoul walked over to where Jungeun was on the bed, and Jungeun pulled her girlfriend into her lap.

"You look so good," Jungeun whispered into Jinsoul's ear, and she shivered. She had tried to look pretty, changing into the only dress she’d brought and thick eyeliner, but she didn't know that Jungeun would have this kind of reaction. She didn't mind at all though, smiling at her precious girlfriend.

"Thanks Jungeunnie," Jinsoul responded, grinning widely. 

"Can I borrow some of your make up?" Haseul asked.

"Sure, it's all in the bathroom," Jinsoul responded, and Vivi, Haseul, and Yerim left to go put it on. As soon as they were out of the room, Jungeun roughly kissed Jinsoul on the lips.

"Jungeun, not while they’re so close," Jinsoul whispered, giggling. 

"Later. Definitely later." They waited for the other girls to emerge from the bathroom, cuddling a little bit while Jungeun tried to not be all over her y girlfriend. A while later, the three girls came out of the bathroom with light make up. Jungeun and Jinsoul looked at the clock.

"It's eleven, let's go," Jungeun said. Everyone nodded and followed her out the door and up to the top floor.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Vivi whispered to Yerim worriedly as they approached the door to the club.

"Yeah, I've got us covered," Yerim responded as they reached the front of the line.

"You girls got ID?" the security guard asked. Yerim nodded, pulling out her own fake ID. The security guard gave all of the girls a brief glance, then let them in. Once they were inside, they all looked at Yerim in shock.

"How did you do that?" Jinsoul asked.

"Where did you get that?" Jungeun added.

"Why do you have that?" Haseul added as well. Vivi just stared.

"Come on, even I have to get out some time. Anyways, I figured that a security guard at a casino probably wouldn't give a as long as one of us had ID," Yerim explained. The rest of the girls nodded, still in shock. 

"Come on guys, let's dance!" Yerim shouted. That shook them out of their surprise and everyone cheered, going out to the main dance floor.

The place was completely packed, filled with gross underdressed frat boys and overdressed sorority girls. There were two floors, and the DJ was blasting some remix of a top forty song that Jinsoul couldn't name.

"Find us a spot, I'll get us all drinks," Yerim yelled above the music. They all nodded, and Yerim left them. The group managed to find a booth for themselves, sitting down and waiting for Yerim to get back so they could start their night.

"Holy guys, what have we done?" Haseul shouted over the music.

"This is so ing crazy!" Jinsoul screamed back. Soon enough, Yerim returned, pushing through the crowd, carrying four shots.

"Once for each of us, minus Haseul of course," Yerim shouted. They all grabbed one, downing it at the same time as Haseul watched.

", I have never drank before," Vivi said loudly.

"Woohoo!" Jungeun cheered, standing up.

"Let's DANCE!" Yerim shouted, and they all whooped and cheered, moving out into the middle of the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Jungeun, what are you doing?" Jinsoul asked her girlfriend. She was currently nibbling away at Jinsoul's earlobe as the two of them danced closely. Yerim, Haseul, and Vivi were nowhere to be seen, but neither of them cared. Both of them were a bit tipsy, and nothing really mattered except for them in this club.

"Baby?" Jungeun asked, slurring slightly.

"What?" Jinsoul yelled back.

"Baby," Jungeun repeated.

"What?" Jinsoul yelled again, grinning.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Jungeun asked, smirking a little bit. She'd had a few drinks, but so had Jinsoul.

"Yeah," Jinsoul responded, biting her lower lip. Maybe it was all a bit cringe, but who cared when they were this drunk and free and having so much fun? 

They grabbed each other's hands, running out of the club and into the elevator. They both started giggling, high with excitement and happiness and maybe just a little bit of the alcohol they'd had earlier. As soon as they were on Jinsoul's floor, they ran into her room, fumbling with the lock a little bit before quickly opening the door.

As soon as they got inside Jungeun pushed Jinsoul onto the bed, quickly kissing her. It was sloppy, too much spit and tongue, but it was passionate and full of something that Jinsoul could not quite put her finger on (but that thing was lovely). 

They pulled away and looked at each other, smiling brightly. Jinsoul let her fingers run through Jungeun’s brown hair, melting a little bit at her pretty, blurry, messed up appearance. She was so lucky, really. So lucky to have met Jungeun. So lucky to be with her. So lucky that they could spend the night together when Jinsoul was leaving so soon. 

“Jinsoul...” Jungeun said something after that, but it was so slurred that Jinsoul couldn’t really make out the words. 

“Wh-what?” Jinsoul asked with a soft, tipsy giggle. 

And suddenly, Jungeun passed out. 

Jinsoul just stared at her for a few seconds before snorting at her sleeping figure, awfully silly looking. She just shook her head, giving her an affectionate smile before going to the bathroom to get ready for bed. 

Once she was in her pajamas she got back under, tucking her girlfriend under the covers and adjusting her so she’d sleep comfortably. She sighed as she noticed Jungeun was still wearing jeans; she couldn’t get her changed as that may be a step too far, but it would still be uncomfortable. 

Nonetheless she finally crawled in beside her, looking at her girlfriend’s stunning sleeping face. 

“I’m glad you’re here,” Jinsoul mumbled, and she meant it. Even if Jungeun was fast asleep, she was glad she was here. Having her in the bed beside her just felt so right. 

So Jinsoul turned off the bedside lamp, snuggled in, and went to bed, a perfect first night together.