Jungeun's Confession

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul woke up to the buzz of her phone and checked her messages, receiving one from Hyunjin and one from Yeojin:

Hey jinjin, heejinie and I have to have a family day today, so we can't hang out :(

it's okay! see you tomorrow, Jinsoul responded, looking at Yeojin’s.

Yo yo yo my parents are having a family day 2day so byeee c u tmr, Yeojin texted. 

No problemo! See you tomorrow, Jinsoul chuckled and answered just as someone knocked on the door. Jinsoul tilted her head in confusion, but went over and looked through the peephole. Standing outside was Jungeun, alone. Hesitantly but with a slowly growing smile, Jinsoul opened up.

"Hey Jindori," Jungeun said, giving Jinsoul a side hug. 

“H-hi,” she stuttered, a little nervous to be alone with her crush.

"Sorry I just sort of burst in here. Chaewon and Hyejoo are grounded, Yerim felt lazy, and Haseul went to the arcade to talk to Vivi, so I came here," Jungeun explained.

Jinsoul smiled. "It's no problem, come in." Jungeun stepped inside, looking around at Jinsoul's room, and then at Jinsoul herself. 

"Just woke up?" Jungeun asked. Jinsoul looked down at herself and blushed, realizing she was still in her pajamas.

"Yeah..."

"I don't care, it looks comfy. Speaking of, do you have any sweatpants I could borrow? I don't feel like wearing jeans anymore.”

"They'll probably be too small for you, but here are a pair anyways," Jinsoul responded, tossing Jungeun a pair of dark grey sweatpants. Jungeun smiled, taking the pair into the bathroom to change. Jinsoul walked over to her phone, shuffling Harry Styles and going to the kitchenette.

"Do you want some tea?" Jinsoul asked Jungeun through the bathroom door.

"Sure." Jinsoul put enough water for the two of them into the hot water boiler and flopped down on her unmade bed. 

Soon enough, Jungeun emerged from the bathroom, laying down next to Jinsoul. The sweatpants were definitely too small for her, but somehow she still looked good in them. Jinsoul thought Jungeun would probably look good in everything. 

"How's life?" Jungeun asked, rolling onto her stomach.

"Pretty cool, actually. You?" 

"It's great...being here, it’s great." Suddenly, the water boiler started to beep.

"Ooh, time for tea!" Jinsoul said, jumping out of bed to pour the water into the cups.

"How much sugar and what kind of tea do you want?" Jinsoul asked.

"I don't really drink tea that much, you decide," Jungeun answered. Jinsoul stared at Jungeun in shock.

"You don't drink tea?" Jinsoul asked incredulously.

"We never really have it around at home." Jinsoul shrugged, setting a timer on her phone to let the tea steep. She walked back over to the bed and sat down. The two girls looked at each other for a long moment, just so unsure, before shaking their heads back to reality.

"Are you hungry?" Jungeun asked.

"A bit...” 

"I brought some old lady cookies." Jungeun went into the bathroom to grab her jeans. She rested them on the desk chair and pulled a ziploc bag out of the front pocket. She ate one of the cookies, then handed the bag to Jinsoul.

"These are good," Jinsoul said. 

"I have an endless supply at home; I do live with a grandma," Jungeun responded, and Jinsoul laughed. Just then, the timer on Jinsoul's phone went off, and she went over to go get the tea. A few seconds later, Jinsoul returned with two steaming cups

"Your tea, madame," Jinsoul said jokingly, bowing down to had Jungeun her tea.

"Thank you, my liege." They both giggled and took a sip from the cup. Jungeun paused and smiled. "Holy this is good.”

"It’s my favorite chai,” Jinsoul explained as Jungeun took another sip. At that moment, Jungeun adjusted, sitting with her back against the headboard. She gestured for Jinsoul to sit next to her, and Jinsoul crawled over. Slowly, she leaned against Jungeun's body, smiling softly. The two of them just sat there for a long time, listening to the music and quietly sipping their tea. Suddenly, Jungeun's breathing quickened and her body became tense.

"Jinsoul?"

"Is something wrong?" Jinsoul asked, looking up at Jungeun. Jungeun inhaled and exhaled a few times before speaking.

"No....no. It's just, Jinsoul......you're so cool. You, like, take my breath away and stuff.....Jinsoul," she spoke, turning to face her, "Jinsoul." She chuckled nervously, "I'm...I’m so into you."

Jinsoul looked at Jungeun in happy shock, then grinned impossibly wide.

"I like you too, Jungeun. I like you, I like you, I like you," Jinsoul repeated, giggling and smiling out of pure happiness. Jungeun smiled back, wrapping Jinsoul in a tight hug. Jinsoul hugged her back, burying her head in Jungeun's chest and inhaling her scent.

"Can I kiss you?" Jungeun asked, all of the sudden.

"Of course." Jungeun then cupped Jinsoul's face, rubbing her thumb on Jinsoul's soft cheek. Jungeun leaned in, slowly shutting her eyes and kissing Jinsoul on the lips. Jinsoul immediately pressed her lips back, the kiss feeling passionate but still so sweet and innocent. When they pulled away, neither of them could wipe the smiles off of their faces. 

"Cuddle?" Jungeun asked.

" yeah!" Jinsoul responded, and the two of them laid down, slipping under the covers. Jungeun pulled Jinsoul's lithe body closer, running her fingers through Jinsoul's hair. Jinsoul shut her eyes, snuggling into Jungeun's chest.

"You're so cute, you know that?" Jungeun said, grinning. Jinsoul giggled and blushed.

"Really?" she responded, looking up at his crush- well now she could call it more of a mutual crush, and the feeling was so good.

"Of course," Jungeun said, pecking Jinsoul's forehead. She wrapped Jinsoul in her arms, shutting her eyes so she could just feel Jinsoul against her. Jinsoul shut her eyes as well, interlacing her small fingers with Jungeun's.

The two of them fell into a perfect state of relaxation, just breathing slowly with each other as the music played and the sun fell lower into the sky.

"The light is beautiful," Jungeun spoke. Jinsoul nodded into Jungeun's chest, letting Jungeun kiss the top of her nose. But suddenly, Jinsoul's stomach rumbled, ruining the mood.

"Are you hungry?" Jungeun asked. Jinsoul frowned.

"I don't want to stop cuddling," she responded with a pout.

"We can cuddle once we've got some food," Jungeun said, getting out of the bed and standing up. Jinsoul still frowned, but followed her anyway.

"But it's cold out there!" Jinsoul whined. Jungeun wrapped her arm around Jinsoul's waist, pulling her closer.

"We'll be back soon, alright?"

"Fine," Jinsoul mumbled and grabbed the room key. They left Jinsoul's room, quickly finding the nearest vending machine and buying some cookies and a twix bar. They soon walked back to Jinsoul's room, quickly dipping back under the covers again. Jinsoul changed the music to a different playlist.

"Is this One Direction?" Jungeun asked.

"They're sort of my guilty pleasure," Jinsoul admitted. 

"Actually, I've heard this one before." She leaned against the headboard and gestured for Jinsoul to sit in between her legs. 

"It's called Little Things; it's one of my favorites," Jinsoul responded, getting comfortable leaning against Jungeun's chest as she pulled the covers on top of them. They snacked on the food, letting the music play.

"Better than I thought it would be," Jungeun admitted.

"You know, not all of their songs are bad,” Jinsoul answered, looking out of the window. "Oh, the sun is setting!" She happily stood to go watch and Jungeun followed her, holding her hand. 

The two of them just stood there, watching the sun slowly set into the dark night sky. As the stars started to come out, Jungeun pointed to one.

"Let's make a wish." She turned to Jinsoul and they shared a smile before shutting their eyes, concentrating very hard. When they were done, they faced each other.

"I'm cold," Jinsoul mumbled. Jungeun grinned mischievously then picked her up, tossing her onto the bed. Jinsoul screamed and giggled as Jungeun clambered around her, smothering her with kisses. Jinsoul laughed happily, wrapping her arms around Jungeun's neck and pulling her closer so she could kiss her. Jungeun smiled, kissing Jinsoul back.

But soon enough, Jungeun's phone started to ring, and Jinsoul’s face absolutely fell.

"Holy , can I never catch a ing break?" Jungeun said, getting off of Jinsoul to respond to the call.

"Hello? Grandma!” She whined, “Come on, it's winter break. Must I really have a curfew of 8:30? Please? Ugh, fine," Jungeun finally said, hanging up angrily and grabbing her jeans.

"You can keep the sweatpants," Jinsoul said. Jungeun nodded, gathering her things together. Jinsoul walked over to the door to see her out.

"I promise that one day, I won't have to leave," Jungeun said, pecking Jinsoul on the lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Jinsoul said, pecking Jungeun back.

Jungeun grabbed Jinsoul’s hands and held them. "I'll miss you.”

"I'll miss you more," Jinsoul mumbled, pecking Jungeun again. They both giggled and looked down at the floor.

"Bye Jindori," Jungeun said, pecking Jinsoul for the final time.

"Bye," Jinsoul said, pecking Jungeun back, refusing to leave her hanging.

"I really have to go..." Jungeun pulled her hand away then kissed the top of Jinsoul's head, finally walking away.

"I'll miss you the most!" Jungeun yelled back to Jinsoul before she walked out of eyesight. As Jinsoul shut the door and wandered back into her room, screaming into her pillowcase, she realized that she probably wouldn't be able to sleep that night.