FINALLY!

The Biggest Little City

In the morning, Jinsoul awoke to the sound of her phone buzzing. She grunted, wiggling out of Jungeun's grasp to grab the device to see she had one text, from Yerim:

Hey so Haseul and Vivi still aren't on speaking terms, so I'm inviting both of them over to your place without telling them the other is gonna be there

Jinsoul snorted but then sighed, at first responding with a simple okay. But then, she thought for a moment. 

Will Chaewon and Hyejoo come? She asked.

Nah. they want more alone time

Oh no, Jinsoul typed before she got out of bed, throwing on some clothes and brushing her hair before she heard the sounds of Jungeun waking up.

"Morning baby, what's up?" Jungeun asked groggily. Jinsoul threw some of her looser clothes to Jungeun (the normally very neat and organized girl had forgotten to bring enough clothes for the trip, in her excitement), going back over to the bed and flopping down. For a brief moment she gazed at her gorgeous girlfriend, her heart melting. If only she could always wake up like this. 

She shook her said, remembering she had something to tell Jungeun. 

“Yerim has this plan to try and get Haseul and Vivi together. She’s gonna bring them both over here without telling the other they’re coming."

“Wait, what?”

“Here, you can just read it yourself.” Jinsoul pulled out her phone and let Jungeun read the text for herself. After a few moments Jungeun nodded, sighing and going to the bathroom to change.

"I sort of just wanted to have another day with each other," Jungeun mumbled when she returned, sitting back on the bed. Jinsoul nodded, snuggling into Jungeun's side.

"At least we can help Haseul and Vivi get together, I mean, it's about time," Jinsoul responded. Jungeun smiled, pecking Jinsoul on the cheek as someone knocked on the door. Jinsoul got up, kissing Jungeun before rushing off to answer the door.

"Hey you two!" Jinsoul said, opening the door for Yerim and Haseul. Haseul grinned, pulling Jinsoul into a tight hug.

"I missed you," Haseul said; they hadn’t seen each other since the night at the club.

"Missed you too," Jinsoul responded as Yerim looked her up and down.

"Someone looks like they’ve done nothing but cuddle in bed with their girlfriend for days," Haseul said. Jinsoul pouted and rolled her eyes.

"You’re just jealous," Jungeun rebutted from the bed. Yerim pointedly ignored her, wandering into the shower to sniff it, then walking into the main room.

"Have you guys ever even cleaned?" Yerim spoke.

Jinsoul blushed a little bit. "Come on, we’ve been too busy cuddling for housekeeping to come!" she whined. 

“Don’t turn into Chaewon and Hyejoo on us,” Jungeun said. 

“Come on, someone’s got to take over their teasing position while they’re gone,” Yerim answered. Haseul giggled, plopping down on the edge of the bed.

"You know you love me," Yerim teased. Jinsoul crawled into bed next to Jungeun and hugged her with a pout still on her lips as Jungeun laughed. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, and Yerim stood up to let them in.

"Who’s there?" Haseul asked. No one responded.

"Hey there Yeojin! Hi Vivi!" Yerim spoke as she opened the door. As soon as Haseul heard her crush’s name she sat up straight, a nervous but excited look in her eyes. Yerim and the small girls had a short conversation before walking into the main room. When Vivi saw Haseul she blushed hard, her eyes widening. Haseul waved at her slightly, and Vivi just blushed more, sitting down on the ground. Haseul frowned and buried her face in the bedding. Yeojin, shockingly, did not tease the girls. Jinsoul figured Yerim must have informed her of the plan before this too.

"So, guys, what do you want to do?" Yerim asked awkwardly. Vivi shrugged slightly and Haseul did nothing.

"Isn't there a movie theatre in the basement? We could go watch something, if anything showing is good," Jungeun suggested. At that, both Vivi and Haseul perked up.

"Movie it is!" Yeojin said, and they all stood up to leave the room.

"To be honest, I always fall asleep during movies," Jinsoul whispered to Jungeun as they walked to the elevators. “Me and Yeojin met there, and we both fell asleep, like, immediately.” They walked in the back of the group, Jungeun's arm around Jinsoul's waist as Yerim and Vivi walked in the front and Haseul and Yeojin were in the middle.

"It doesn't matter because Yerim always does too. I kinda like movies, but Haseul loves them. She loves to make little videos on her phone. And Vivi is in the film club at school," Jungeun explained. 

"But I still don’t like it," Jinsoul whined as they stepped into the elevator.

"It's okay, because that's going to be our excuse for you, me, Yerim, and Yeojin to fall asleep and give them alone time...and then something only they can talk about once it’s done,” Jungeun said. Jinsoul nodded, looking up at her girlfriend and smiling in understanding.

After a few minutes, the five girls arrived at the theatre. Jinsoul noticed Yeojin quickly tug Haseul aside.  

“Pay for her ticket.” 

“What? Oh my god no, Yeojin, it’s too weird. Maybe that's a bad-" Haseul started.

"It's settled," Yeojin interrupted.

"But it’s weird if I only pay for hers and then not everyone elses!" Haseul protested. 

"Haseul," Yeojin whisper-whined. Haseul sighed in defeat as she went up to the ticket counter, just paying for everyone’s in the end. Yeojin groaned loudly, but she stopped when Haseul gave her a pointed look, and the went into the theatre.

Jungeun was completely right. The girls all pretended to be into this super arty indie movie that Vivi and Haseul seemed excited about. So, Yeojin, Yerim, Jinsoul, and Jungeun had fallen asleep almost immediately. Jinsoul felt like barely any time had passed when Vivi was shaking her awake, the group all leaving the theatre. Vivi and Haseul seemed happy and excited, recovered enough from their embarrassment to have a short conversation about the movie. But as soon as they remembered what happened, they fell silent. 

"So, um, what do you guys want to do now?" Yerim asked, still groggy from her nap.

"Well, I'm a bit hungry," Haseul responded.

"Me too," Vivi added.

"Well, I think the rest of us are full. We'll go back to the room while you two go eat out or something. Alright? It's decided. Bye guys!" Yeojin said. Jinsoul, Yerim, Jungeun, and Yeojin rushed away from the theatre before Haseul and Vivi could protest. Once they reached the escalator, they huddled together.

"What's the plan?" Yerim asked.

"Are we just going to go back to the room?" Jinsoul asked.

" no!" Jungeun spoke.

"We're going to spy on them, obviously," Yeojin added. Jinsoul nodded knowingly.

"Guys, they're here!" Yerim whispered, and the four girls ducked behind a sign. Vivi and Haseul walked past them, not noticing they were there. Neither of them spoke, standing a distance apart.

"What are you in the mood for?" Vivi asked quietly.

"Whatever you'd like," Haseul responded, chuckling awkwardly.

"Do burgers sound good?" Vivi said. Haseul nodded, and they stepped into the the Johnny Rockets. Jinsoul, Jungeun, Yeojin and Yerim followed them in, sitting down at a table and making a wall of menus around themselves. They listened to the two girls buy their food (Haseul absolutely insisting on paying for both of them, again, of course) and sit at a table to wait for their number to be called. They sat in silence, both too nervous or embarrassed to speak.

"Ugh, why are they both so awkward?" Yeojin whispered with annoyance to the rest of their group. 

“That’s their job,” Yerim groaned as they shook their heads in agreement. After about five minutes, Haseul and Vivi's food arrived, and Vivi went up to go get it. When she arrived back at their table, she handed Haseul her burger without a word and began to eat. After a few moment, Vivi put down her burger and wiped with a napkin. Haseul looked up at her in confusion.

"Haseul?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

Vivi sighed. "I'm sorry." 

"For what?" Haseul asked.

 Vivi sighed again. "For completely embarrassing myself.".

"You didn't-" 

"Yes, I did. I ruined any chance we had of being together," Vivi interrupted.

"What do you mean?" 

"You'd never want to date me now," Vivi said quietly, chuckling sadly. 

Haseul laughed. "Bull."

"Wait, what?" 

"I've literally been stalking you since middle school. There's probably nothing you could possibly do to making me stop liking you," Haseul explained. Vivi stared at Haseul in shock, her eyes widening.

"Really?" Vivi asked hesitantly. Haseul nodded, grinning widely.

"Of course," she responded. With that, Vivi practically threw herself across the small table to kiss Haseul on the lips. Haseul was surprised at first, but then kissed back, running her fingers through Vivi's hair and releasing all the pent up feelings she'd had for the small girl. And when Jungeun, Jinsoul, Yeojin, and Yerim squealed a few tables down, the two didn't even notice.