I Love You

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul woke up to find Jungeun staring at her.

"Were you watching me?" Jinsoul asked incredulously.

 Her girlfriend flushed a little and peck her on the lips. "Nah, I just woke up." 

"How many days do you have before your grandparents get back?" Jinsoul asked with a smile.

"None. I have to go pick them up from the airport this afternoon." The smile immediately came off Jinsoul’s face, replaced with a frown. She sighed deeply and got out of bed, going to the kitchen. She didn’t want to make Jungeun sad by seeing how upset she was.

"Do you want some tea?" Jinsoul asked.

"That sounds awesome." As Jinsoul went to get both of them a cup, Jungeun wandered over to where Jinsoul was preparing it, giving her a back hug.

“I’m gonna spill!” Jinsoul whined. 

“Let me cuddle you,” Jungeun mumbled. 

The tea was quickly ready and Jinsoul turned around, handing her a cup. Jungeun smiled and plopped down in the desk chair, Jinsoul kneeling in front of the chair.

"I’m gonna miss you so much," Jungeun said.

"Me too. I...I can’t believe you have to go today," Jinsoul responded, blushing slightly. Jungeun smiled and held Jinsoul's soft hand. "You know, I have to leave Reno soon too," Jinsoul spoke, eyes on her lap.

"How soon is soon?" Jungeun asked worriedly.

"T-two days," Jinsoul responded sadly, hesitantly looking up at Jungeun. She saw the panic in Jungeun's eyes and she sat up and kissed her.

"I don't know how I'll survive without you," Jungeun admitted, Jinsoul sitting up so they could rest their foreheads together.

"It's not like I'm going to die. We can still text and call and skype," Jinsoul responded, for her own sake as much as Jungeun’s.

"But it'll never be like this again. I'll never be able to kiss you, to touch you, to hold you in my arms ever again..." 

"Don't say that," Jinsoul said, choking up slightly. Jungeun held the back of her head and kissed her again, deeply and passionately. Jinsoul quickly pulled herself onto the desk chair, wrapping her arms around Jungeun's back and her legs around Jungeun's waist. Things got a little bit deeper and Jungeun sunk into the chair, pulling Jinsoul deeper into her lap. Jinsoul tilted her head, both of them letting out a quiet groan. Suddenly, Jungeun picked Jinsoul up and gently placed her on the bed, climbing on top of her. Jinsoul smiled and kissed Jungeun again, her hands coming up to fiddle with Jungeun's shirt buttons.

"Jinsoul..." Jungeun spoke breathlessly, an obvious question on her lips.

Jinsoul paused, looking up at Jungeun. “Yeah?” 

“We...we haven’t known each other for all that long, I guess, and maybe we’re a little young but like, it feels like I’ve known you forever, and I feel so much for you, and I...I always thought my first...you know, would be with someone special to me, like you, so, Jinsoul....d-do you wanna...do it?” 

Jinsoul didn’t have to think very long. Yeah, they were only sixteen, but it seemed like the right time, the perfect time. There was no one else Jinsoul could ever think of giving her ity to.

"Okay. I want to do it. I want to," Jinsoul answered as firmly as her voice would allow.

"Really?"

“Yeah...yeah.”

Jungeun smiled nervously. "Alright. Let's do this then," Jungeun said, and leaned in to kiss her again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jinsoul did not have a single regret. 

It was over. But it was perfect, far more perfect than Jinsoul could have ever even imagined. It was the right choice, and all because it was Jungeun. 

The two of them were still in the bed together, breathing heavily, holding each other as tight as their overheated bodies would allow. The couple gazed at each other but it wasn’t awkward, no, in that situation...it made perfect sense. 

The moment was weighty and silent for reasons Jinsoul couldn’t explain, until Jungeun opened to speak.

"Jinsoul, I, I love you," Jungeun said breathlessly, her eyes locked onto Jinsoul's. Jinsoul kissed Jungeun again, placing both her hands on either side of Jungeun's face.

"God I love you too," Jinsoul responded. They both grinned widely, kissing more. “I love you so much.” 

"That...that was so wonderful, my Jungeun," Jinsoul spoke softly.

"It was absolutely perfect," Jungeun answered, unable to wipe the grin off of her face.

"I-I’m gonna remember that forever, my love. I promise," Jinsoul said, playing with Jungeun's hair. Jungeun leaned over and pecked Jinsoul's lips.

"As will I."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you going back to your house?" Haseul asked Hyejoo. 

"Yeah," she responded, adjusting the seat belt so it wasn't choking her. She pouted and rolled her eyes. “I have to clean up for when my grandparents get home tonight.”

Vivi, Haseul, Yerim, Hyejoo, and Chaewon were all sitting in Haseul's five person car. With Yeojin trying to watch as much in the City as possible before her parents realized what she was doing, and Jungeun and Jinsoul doing...who knows what in that hotel room, the five remaining girls of the group were left to their own devices (and utter boredom). So, Haseul had thought it would be nice for the girls to hang out at the arcade, like old times, and give Vivi a ride home when her shift was over. To her surprise, Chaewon and Hyejoo had agreed to come (although Haseul had noticed a big pile of dishes in the kitchen that the girls were probably trying to avoid doing). 

Haseul was driving with Vivi next to her in the front, and Yerim, Hyejoo, and Chaewon were in the back. Yerim was next to the right window and Hyejoo was next to the right, with Chaewon on Hyejoo’s lap. Even though the middle seat was opened, Chaewon had refused to use it. Suddenly, Vivi turned to Haseul.

"Do you want to come over?" Vivi asked. Haseul grinned, nodding vigorously.

"Of course I would!" 

Vivi smiled as Haseul turned to talk to her sister. "Hey Chaewon, I'm going to drop you off at home because I'm going to Vivi's, okay?" 

"Ooh, is it finally time for Haseul to lose the big v?" Chaewon teased. Haseul sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up," she responded. 

“How does she even know what that means?” Vivi mumbled. Just then, they reached Hyejoo and Jungeun's house. Hyejoo untangled herself from her girlfriend as she left the car.

"Bye bye!" Haseul, Vivi, Yerim, and Chaewon said.

"Bye," Hyejoo responded and waved as Haseul drove away. 

Haseul soon dropped Yerim off at her house, and quickly drove up to Chaewon and her home. As Chaewon got out of the car, Haseul unrolled the window and stuck her head out.

"Don't forget, if mom and dad ask where I am, tell them it's for school," Haseul said in a hushed tone.

"Of course," Chaewon responded, nodding firmly. She waved to her sister as she drove away.

“Isn’t it winter break?” Vivi asked. 

"My parents will just be happy I’m actually thinking about school work. And anyways, finally, it's just us," Haseul said happily as he rolled up the window. Vivi smiled.

"And I'm so glad," Vivi responded, placing a hand on Haseul's thigh. Haseul grinned as she pulled into Vivi's driveway, putting it into park and taking out the key. They walked to the door, Vivi shuffling through her things to find her keys. She finally found them, quickly opening the front door.

"Hello? Mom? Dad?" Vivi yelled when they stepped into the house. When she received no answer, she turned to Haseul and smiled.

"I guess my parents are at work," Vivi said. Haseul grinned, fighting the urge to cheer

"Do you want a tour?" Vivi asked.

"Yeah, sure," Haseul responded happily, letting Vivi hold her hand.

"This is the dining room," Vivi said, pointing to an open room with a circular table in the center. Haseul nodded as they walked past a closet, feet shuffling on the grey carpet. 

"This is the kitchen," Vivi said, pointing to a small room with white tiled flooring, countertops, and pans hanging from the ceiling.  Haseul peered in as Vivi pulled her along to the next room.

"This is the living room," Vivi said, gesturing to the room. It had beige walls, an average sized TV with a few video game consoles, and a large, comfy looking brown couch. Behind the couch was a wall of glass doors, leading to what looked like the yard. 

"Your couch looks comfy as hell," Haseul said.

"Oh, it is," Vivi responded, taking Haseul's hand and leading her up the stairs to the second floor. 

"This is my parent's room," she said, gesturing toward a closed door.

"That's the guest bedroom," Vivi spoke, gesturing to another closed door.

"This is the bathroom," Vivi said, as Haseul peered into the bathroom, which had a shower curtains with pictures of bambi on it.

"And that is my bedroom," Vivi finished. Haseul immediately walked into the room, looking all around it. It was impeccable: the room was completely clean, with the bed totally made and nothing on the floors. The first wall was covered with pictures of Vivi (as a child and as a teen), her family, her friends (some people Haseul recognized from high school but mostly pictures of their little friend group), movie and film festival posters, and of course pictures of Haseul. The second wall had the headboard against it, the third was a closet, and the last had a mirror and a desk against it. Next to Vivi's bed was a bedside table with a digital clock and a framed picture of Haseul. 

"How the do you keep your room so neat?" Haseul asked. Vivi laughed.

"I don't know, I just sort of like cleaning. And hate messes." 

"What do you want to do?" Haseul asked, still peering around Vivi's room.

"Does watching TV sound good?" Vivi said.

"That sounds perfect," Haseul responded, smiling and holding Vivi's delicate hand as the two walked down to the living room. Haseul plopped down onto the couch as Vivi grabbed the remote and the TV. 

"Do you mind this?" Vivi asked as the TV played House Hunters. Haseul smiled.

"Anything is wonderful, as long as I'm with you," Haseul responded. Vivi rolled her eyes, but blushed all the same. 

"Stop it, you cheeseball," Vivi said. Haseul chuckled, forcing herself to look at the TV.

After an episode or two of house hunters, Vivi sighed.

"Baby, come here," Vivi said. Haseul stood up, walking the two feet over to where Vivi was leaning against the arm of the couch. Vivi grinned and pulled Haseul on top of her, her girlfriend's eyes widening. Vivi pulled Haseul closer, kissing her happily. Haseul rested her body in between Vivi's legs, kissing her slowly.

"God, I've wanted this for so long," Haseul mumbled quietly.

"How long?" Vivi asked, pulling away only slightly. 

Haseul blushed. "Since, um, seventh grade." 

Vivi pouted and lightly punched Haseul's shoulder. "Why didn't you talk to me?" Vivi whined. 

Haseul looked down at her lap. "I was way too nervous. Honestly, you're just...incredible. You're cute, funny, know so much about movies, neat, and absolutely gorgeous, and I could go on forever....but you intimidated me."

"You're the same, you know," Vivi responded. Haseul shook her head.

"Nah..." 

Vivi rolled her eyes. "You know nothing," Vivi said. Haseul laughed.

"I don't," Haseul responded, pushing a lock of hair out of Vivi's face.

"Do you promise not to ever be afraid to be with me again?" Vivi asked.

"Of course, Vivs," Haseul responded, leaning back in for one more kiss.