The Girls Go Bowling

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul awoke to the sound of her phone's alarm. She wanted to make sure she woke up early because she was going bowling with all of her new friends, introducing them to Heejin and Hyunjin.

She promised to meet Jungeun and her friends at the arcade because even though they spent most of their time at the casino, they rarely ventured outside of the arcade. Luckily, Haseul had gotten over her illness (Jungeun said it was because of her sheer will to see Vivi), so the girls were able to drive down to the casino.

When Jinsoul arrived at the arcade, all of her friends were sitting on the floor by the exit, arguing. She shot Yeojin a text to come meet them before walking over. 

"Isn't it Vivi's day off?" she overheard Chaewon ask.

"Yeah, you told me she's here because she has nothing better to do," Yerim spoke.

"Honestly, she's just here to see you," Hyejoo murmured softly.

"Just ask her, you guys text every day," Jungeun spoke up, releasing a frustrated sigh.

"But I can't! Talking in real life and texting are way different," Haseul responded.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jinsoul spoke, feeling it was time to intervene. Jungeun grinned widely, gesturing for Jinsoul to sit next to her.

"We're trying to convince Haseul to invite Vivi to bowl with us," Jungeun explained.

"Come on Haseul, it would be so nice!" Jinsoul encouraged.

"But I can't!" Haseul whined.

"Just go do it," Chaewon mumbled, pushing Haseul towards Vivi. Haseul sighed, standing up and walking to the counter where Vivi was working, They spoke for a little while, the other five girls watching intently and trying to listen in. Finally, Vivi pulled off her work apron and hat and stuffed them into her bag. She and Haseul walked back towards the other girls.

"Are you guys sure it's okay if I come?" Vivi asked.

"Oh no, we want you to come! The more the merrier," Yerim said happily. Vivi smiled.

"Let's go," Jinsoul said, and all of the girls followed her.

When they arrived at the bowling alley, Hyunjin, Heejin, and Yeojin were already there. 

"Were you guys waiting long?" Jinsoul asked the girls, and they shook their heads.

"No, we just got here," Heejin said. Jinsoul smiled and introduced everyone to the pair.

"So, since there's so many of us, should we get in teams?" Jungeun asked, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"I'll go get us a lane," Jinsoul said, Jungeun trailing behind her, giving over her card for the big group. 

“Should the rest of us go get shoes?” Heejin asked. Everyone agreed, and they went over to the counter.

"What are Jungeun and Jinsoul's shoe sizes?" Vivi asked.

"Well, yesterday Jinsoul said she was a size seven," Heejin said.

"And Jungeun's size fourteen," Hyejoo added.

"Wow," Hyunjin said.

"I know, my sister has weirdly giant feet," Hyejoo spoke, chuckling. 

“You should be glad Jungeun and Jinsoul aren’t here; Jungeun would kill you for admitting that in front of her crush,” Yeojin said to Hyejoo. 

“You know us too well already,” Hyejoo mumbled back. When everyone had their shoes, they all stood off to the side, waiting while Jungeun and Jinsoul were still in line (and clearly cutely chatting)

"Let's choose teams," Haseul suggested, looking hopefully at Vivi.

"Alright, so me and Yerim because I and Yerim told me she’s good, Hyunjin and Heejin, Vivi and Haseul, and Jungeun and Jinsoul because they need to get together already," Yeojin said. Everyone nodded and at that moment, Jinsoul and Jungeun returned.

"Here you go," Vivi said, handing Jungeun and Jinsoul their bowling shoes.

"Also, you two are on the same team," Hyejoo said. Jungeun and Jinsoul both looked at each other excitedly before forcing themselves to calm down a little.

"We're at lane seventy two," Jinsoul spoke, and the girls walked down to the lane.

"I'll put the team names in," Chaewon offered and walked over to the machine.

"We're team death," Hyejoo said, sharing a dark glare with her girlfriend. Yerim snorted, and Chaewon typed 'team death' onto the screen. 

“We’re team frog!” Yeojin said. 

“Agreed, team frog,” Yerim added, and Chaewon punched it in. Then, she looked at Hyunjin and Heejin expectantly.

"Um, we're team cool. Because we're as cool as refrigerators," Heejin said awkwardly. Chaewon shook her head, but put in 'team cool'.

"What's your team name?" Chaewon asked Jungeun and Jinsoul.

"I don't know, do you have any ideas?" Jungeun said to Jinsoul. The other girl shook her head.

"Alright, you two are team mom and dad," Chaewon said, inserting the name into the machine. Jungeun rolled her eyes.

"Couldn't you have thought of something cooler?" Jungeun spoke with exasperation.

"Like our team!" Heejin called, but she was ignored. Chaewon shook her head and smirked.

"Anyways, why mom and dad?" Jinsoul asked.

"Because Jungeun is the dad of our group, and you're the mom," Chaewon responded.

"But why do I have to be the mom?" Jinsoul whined.

"Because you're slightly more butch," Hyejoo explained to her sister. Jinsoul and Jungeun rolled their eyes but smiled.

"Finally you two are team ual frustration," Chaewon said, referring to Haseul and Vivi. Vivi was silent, but she blushed a deep red.

"No, no, no, no, no," Haseul protested.

"Sorry, too late," Chaewon responded, smirking even more. Haseul sighed.

"You little er," Haseul muttered, and the game started.

Yerim was not as good of a player as she had claimed to be, in fact, she was terrible, so team frog ended up taking last place. This time they couldn’t even get bumpers for Yeojin because you had to be under seven to get them, and this time the employees finally realized she was actually nine, despite her short height.

Team death was too busy sharing their earbuds and sneaking off to make weird tik toks to actually succeed at bowling.

Team mom and dad only evaded last place because of team death and team frog. Jinsoul had been counting on Jungeun to be good to make up for her absolute failure yesterday, but she wasn’t in luck; Jungeun was almost worst than she was. But it was okay; she was so cute that it didn't matter. 

Team cool was still just as good as yesterday, but to literally everyone’s surprise, they were beat. 

Team ual frustration actually turned out to be really good. They got many strikes and spares, and ended up winning the game by fifty points. 

"Great, team ual frustration won," Yeojin said sarcastically. 

“Language,” Yerim whispered as Haseul and Vivi cheered, jumping up and down and hugging each other enthusiastically.

"Aw, you two are so cute together!" Heejin said happily. Haseul and Vivi stopped hugging, but they still smiled and blushed.

"We've got to get going, our parents are out of the house again," Hyunjin spoke sadly. No one except Jinsoul and Yeojin noticed the ‘our parents’ part, the two sharing an uncomfortable grimace.

"I get it, you girls need your scream time. Your time to embrace the black void of human existence," Hyejoo said sympathetically.

"Um, we're not going to, um, do...whatever that is," Heejin responded.

"I'm only twelve," Hyunjin protested.

"I'm...twelve....I need.....my time...to learn to embrace the void that is human existence..." Chaewon said slowly. The four girls gave each other looks.

"Well, speaking of the gothic hours, I need mine, so we'd better get going," Hyejoo said.

"Do we have to?" Haseul whined.

"Do you want my screams to be released from my lungs, uninhibited?" Chaewon responded. Haseul rolled her eyes and sighed.

"My parents drove me here, could I catch a ride back to my house with you guys?" Vivi asked. Haseul immediately smiled again.

"Of course! And you'll get shotgun," Haseul said happily.

"Can we at least walk Jinsoul back to her room?" Jungeun asked.

"Yeah, let's do that," Yerim said.

"Well, bye guys," Heejin said, waving to the other girls.

"Bye Heejin, bye Hyunjin," they called back to their new friends.

"Did we freak them out?" Chaewon muttered to Hyejoo once they were not within hearing range of Hyunjin and Heejin.

"Yeah, definitely," Hyejoo responded. Chaewon nodded sadly and Yeojin and Yerim shook her head disapprovingly at them.

"What floor is your room on?" Jungeun asked Jinsoul.

"The fifteenth," Jinsoul responded as they walked towards the elevators. Jungeun, Jinsoul, and Yeojin immediately ran to different elevators after they had pressed the button.

"What?" Yerim asked.

"Which elevator do you think will open?" Jungeun responded. Chaewon, Hyejoo, Haseul, and Vivi all ran and stood in front of different elevators. After a few moments, Vivi's elevator dinged, and the other girls sighed. It opened, and they all squeezed in.

Once they arrived on the fifteenth floor, Jinsoul directed the girls to her room. They all looked around.

"This is the first time I've been outside of the basement and the first floor," Hyejoo said.

"Dang," Jinsoul responded.

"And who's fault is that?" Chaewon said, giving her sister a pointed look. Haseul shhed her sister, making sure she didn't reveal Haseul's stalker tendencies in front of her crush. When they finally arrived at Jinsoul's room, she turned around.

"1542, that's your room number?" Chaewon asked. 

"Yup," Jinsoul responded. Suddenly, Jungeun leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

"See you tomorrow, Jinsoul," she spoke. Jinsoul blushed and grinned. Vivi cheered, Haseul whistled, and Hyejoo patted her sister's back.

"Making progress, huh?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up," Jungeun muttered to he sister. Chaewon sighed.

"Just already," she spoke with frustration. 

"Oh my god guys, I'm leaving," Jinsoul said, still smiling as she opened the door and went into her room. 

"Let's go guys, unless you want to see Hyejoo and I release the demons torturing our minds here on the floor," Jinsoul overheard Chaewon say. She laughed, wondering what the hell would happen the next day.