Cookies

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul and Jungeun woke up late. Opening their eyes they realized they were facing each other, their hands linked together. Jungeun opened her eyes first and leaned over to kiss Jinsoul on the cheek. Jinsoul smiled, snuggling into Jungeun's chest. 

"Hi baby," Jinsoul said quietly. She snuggled deeper into her girlfriend.

"What do you want to do today?" Jungeun asked. 

"Maybe we should actually leave the room," Jinsoul answered. This whole time they’d been together, so far they had mostly just been snuggling and talking. Jungeun chuckled, pecking her forehead and sitting up. 

"Let's get ready then," Jungeun said. 

Jinsoul grinned, getting out of bed to wash up. ", my neck," she groaned from the bathroom, remembering yesterday’s hickey situation. Jungeun laughed.

"If anyone looks at you funny, I'll kill them for it," Jungeun said.

"Do you think that these will go away by the time we Chaewon and Hyejoo again?" Jinsoul asked. Jungeun walked into the bathroom in clothes fit to leave the hotel room, peering at Jinsoul's neck.

"I don't know..." Jungeun wrapped an arm around Jinsoul's waist and Jinsoul leaned against her. 

“You !” Jinsoul whined, grabbing the toothpaste to brush her teeth.

“That’s exactly what I did. I on your neck and gave you a hickey.” Jungeun snatched the toothpaste out of Jinsoul’s fingers when she was done with it, starting to brush her own teeth.

It was so nice, like this. Her and Jungeun, standing there in the bathroom together in their sort of ty pajamas, toothpaste running down their chins. But it didn’t matter how sloppy they looked, with bedhead and no shower yet. Already, they were so comfortable together. 

Jinsoul could imagine a life like this. She could imagine doing this every day and never getting bored or tired of it. It was so joyous, so domestic, that she could almost forget how soon she had to leave and pretend that this was her life forever: fun in the casino, with crazy friends and a perfect girlfriend, free and utterly happy. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Didn't we say we were going to go out?" Jungeun asked. She and Jinsoul were relaxing on the bed, having just finished the exhausting activity of showering.

Jinsoul chuckled. "Yeah, we should probably do that." 

"Ready?" Jungeun asked as Jinsoul grabbed her things her things and nodded. Finally, they left the hotel room.

"What do you want to do?" Jinsoul asked as the two slowly wandered the casino's halls.

"I'm feeling lazy, but also sort of hungry." 

"We could go to the vending machine," Jinsoul suggested.

“For lunch? Slash breakfast?” 

“Do you really feel like going all the way down to the buffet? Anyways, that feels like a little too much food.” 

"True, true...you know what, that's perfect!" Jungeun happily grabbed Jinsoul's hand, the two rushing off to the vending machine. 

"Let's get a soda and some cookies," Jinsoul said. Jungeun nodded, going over to the machine as Jinsoul got a coke.

"," Jungeun muttered. She hit the dispenser roughly a few times before pressing the button to get her money back.

"What happened?" 

"It ate my money and then didn't give me the food." Jungeun grumbled.

"Damn! Those cookies look good too.” 

"Are there vending machines on every floor?" 

"I think so, maybe..."

"Can we go to the next floor then?" Jinsoul nodded, gently holding Jungeun's hand and walking out of the vending machine area. They went to the next floor, looking around for the vending machine before realizing that it was organized the same way as their floor. Then, they quickly found the machine.

"This one only takes coins," Jungeun spoke.

"Do you have any?" Both girls rummaged through their things, and Jungeun shook her head. "Me neither.”

"Next floor?" Jungeun asked. Jinsoul nodded and smiled, and they quickly went up to the next floor.

"This one doesn't even have what we want," Jungeun whined. They left the area, walking back to the elevators. 

"Should we just give up and get something else?" Jungeun asked.

"We shall never admit defeat!" Jinsoul cried and they both giggled, stepping back into the elevator.

They repeated this process many times over, finally being able to get their cookies only after reaching the twenty eighth floor.

"Holy ," Jinsoul said, stuffing the eight bags of cookies into her bag.

"We had to."

“Well well well,” a voice spoke up. “If it isn’t the couple that refuses to leave their room because they’re probably doing gross things.” The two teen girls turned to see Yeojin staring at them with her arms crossed.

“We’re not doing gross things!” Jungeun whined and Jinsoul pouted. 

“What are you even doing here? Your room is on the seventh floor,” Jinsoul said. 

“This floor has the good cookies and takes bills,” Yeojin explained. Jinsoul and Jungeun looked at her sheepishly, and Yeojin gasped. “Did you guys buy all the cookies?” 

“...Maybe,” Jungeun mumbled. 

“You guys owe me. Big time.” 

With a sigh, Jungeun reached into her bag and handed Yeojin one of the cookies. 

“Just one? Fine, I’ll take it, because my parents aren’t home and in the City is on next on HBO. I have to go back and watch it.” 

“Why are you watching that?” Jinsoul whined. 

“Goodbye. And you still owe me!” Yeojin cried as she ran back to the elevator. 

Once she was out of earshot, the two girls turned to each other. 

“Kids,” Jungeun mumbled. 

They both laughed, going back down to their room with pure happiness in their hearts. But when they got inside, they found that the room wasn’t empty: Hyejoo, Chaewon, and Yerim were already inside. 

"What the ?" Jungeun, Jinsoul, Hyejoo, and Chaewon spoke at the same time.

"Why didn't you guys warn us you were coming?" Jungeun asked. Her and Jinsoul shared a look. They had been enjoying their alone time together, but interacting with their friends was nice too.

"Because we assumed you two would actually be in here," Hyejoo responded. 

“And wait, where are Haseul and Vivi?” Jinsoul asked. 

“Both were afraid the other would show up somehow. They’re still avoiding each other after the incident that night,” Yerim explained.

"What have you two been up to?" Chaewon asked Jungeun and Jinsoul with a glint in her eye.

"Shut the up," Jungeun whined back.

"Oh, fancy seeing you two weirdos here. Now what have you two been up to?" Jinsoul teased back to Chaewon and Hyejoo.

"Demon summoning," Hyejoo responded with a perfectly straight face. Jinsoul snorted, burying her face in Jungeun's shoulder as Jungeun whined, 

“No worse than what you two were doing,” Chaewon added.

"Shut the up,” Jinsoul mumbled. The other girls laughed, Chaewon and Hyejoo sitting in their chair as Yerim looked around the room.

"So, what should we do today?" Yerim asked.

"Actually, the other day I was looking through the casino guide and it said they had a spa downstairs," Jinsoul spoke.

"Oh my god, that sounds amazing!" Hyejoo said.

"Let's ing do it!" Chaewon added.

"Plus, I can get everyone in for free," Jinsoul said.

The girls all stood up, making their way from Jinsoul’s room to the basement.

Suddenly, Hyejoo turned toward Jinsoul and peered down at her. 

"Is that a hickey?" Hyejoo asked. Jinsoul's eyes widened, her whole face turning bright pink.

"No," she answered, her voice quavering as she pulled her shirt higher up on her neck. Hyejoo burst out laughing, Jungeun wrapping an arm around Jinsoul's waist as she glared at her sister.

"Guys, my sister gave Jinsoul a hickey!" Hyejoo shouted to the entire group. Everyone started laughing hysterically.

"Really? Did you have to?" Jungeun asked Hyejoo. 

She smiled smugly. "Of course I did."

Soon after, they arrived at the spa. Jinsoul walked over to the desk as the other girls stood at the doorway.

"Do you guys take drop-ins?" Jinsoul asked. The lady at the desk looked around the empty spa, then turned back to Jinsoul.

"We do now," she responded. Jinsoul smiled and slid over her room key.

"How many?" the employee asked. Jinsoul turned around, counting how many people were with her.

"Five please," Jinsoul responded. The woman nodded, leading Jinsoul toward a door into the spa area. Jinsoul beckoned for the group to follow, and they went in.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god, I feel so nice," Yerim said as the group exited the spa.

"It's like I'm floating on a cloud of lotion," Chaewon spoke.

“We’ve gotta take Vivi and Haseul there, when they’re not being weird of course...” Jungeun spoke. 

“Who knew Vivi was just as odd as Haseul about this kind of thing?” Yerim asked. 

“Well, that’s why they’re perfect for each other,” Hyejoo said. 

“We can’t let this go on for much longer though. Then they’ll never get together...” Jungeun grumbled. 

“Soon. Let’s see if they can possibly do it themselves-” 

“Unlikely,” Hyejoo interrupted Yerim.

“But soon. Then we can all go to this spa together! It was amazing,” Yerim finished.

"It really was amazing, except for the part where they mentioned my hickeys," Jinsoul said.

"Wait, seriously?" Hyejoo asked.

"You can never catch a break, can you," Yerim mumbled.

"I really can't," Jinsoul answered with a snort and a roll of her eyes.