Making Out At Church?

The Biggest Little City

The next morning, Jinsoul woke up at a reasonable hour of the morning. Due to the fact that Jungeun thought she was sick, they hadn't texted the night before, letting Jinsoul finally get a good night's sleep. She pulled her phone from the charger and noticed she had quite a few texts: one from Haseul, one from Hyejoo, and three from Jungeun.

I hope you feel better thanks for letting Vivi come over too, Haseul had texted.

Jinsoul typed a response: im feeling much better and im always happy to have Vivi over. im just glad you two are finally starting to get together 

She read the next text, from Hyejoo:

I hope your was fun. My sister was worried sick. Make sure you thoroughly clean the shower...get out the floral smell. The twelve year old finished off her text with a barfing emoji.

Jinsoul rolled her eyes and responded. 

Leave me alone !

Also florals slap

She exited out of the conversation, then smiled. Although Hyejoo’s words made her upset (she didn’t like to imagine Jungeun worried sick over something so stupid), she was excited to read Jungeun's texts.

Hey Jindori, the first read, I'm sorry I couldn't stay to take care of you. Please get better so I can see you again...

I'm going to bed now. Please get better. I miss you,,,

Jinsoul smiled softly and blushed, moving on to the next message.

Jindori~ I just woke up. I really hope you're better, because if you are maybe we should hang out?? I still need my sweatshirt :D

I'm feeling much better. Let's definitely hang out at the arcade. Is 12 or 1 ok? Jinsoul responded. A few seconds later, Jinsoul's phone buzzed.

12 is perfect! So excited, Jungeun texted, ending with the red heart emoji. Jinsoul grinned, jumping out of bed. Today, she wanted to look good.

She showered and afterward, she took the time to actually blow dry her hair and pick out a special outfit. She really did want to look for Jungeun, especially after what happened the day before. When she was finally ready, she rapidly headed down to the arcade.

"Hey guys," Jinsoul said when she arrived at the arcade restaurant. As soon as Jungeun saw her, she grinned and pulled Jinsoul into a tight hug.

"Feeling better?" she sweetly asked. Jinsoul nodded, and Jungeun smiled even wider. "Ready to get that god damn sweatshirt?"

"Hell yeah," Jinsoul responded just as Yerim, Yeojin, Chaewon, and Hyejoo walked over.

"We told Heejin and Hyunjin to meet us here," Yerim explained.

"Wait, where's Haseul?" Jinsoul asked. The girls all looked over at the prize stand, where Haseul and Vivi were deep in conversation. At that moment, Heejin and Hyunjin walked into the arcade and to the group of girls.

"Hey guys! What are we doing?" Hyunjin asked.

"We are attempting to get a sweatshirt that we'll all share," Jungeun explained.

"Alright, we brought money," Heejin responded. The eight girls walked over to the token station, exchanging their money for the golden coins.

"Hyejoo, Chaewon, can you two show Heejin and Hyunjin how to play?" Jungeun asked. Hyejoo nodded. 

"Sure," the younger girl said, grabbing Chaewon's hand and leading Heejin and Hyunjin over to one of the games.

"Let's go," Jungeun said, casually wrapping her arm around Jinsoul's waist as they walked deeper into the arcade.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once the eight girls had finally put all of their tickets into the machine, they printed out the receipt and walked over to where Vivi and Haseul were. The two girls didn't notice them until Yeojin cleared .

"Oh, um, hey guys, what's up?" Vivi said, clearly distracted.

"Here are our receipts," Jungeun responded, pulling out the receipt from that day and the other one from a few days before. Vivi shook her head sadly.

"You guys only have 44,000 tickets. You need 60,000 to get a sweatshirt," Vivi explained.

"That's so stupid!" Hyunjin said.

"I know, it's way overpriced. I'd just give it to you except my boss would kill me," Vivi responded. Suddenly, Haseul's phone buzzed.

"Hello?" Haseul said into her phone. "Do we have to? Ugh, fine. We'll be home soon," Haseul said as she hung up the phone.

"Our families are going to church together, and we have to go," Haseul said to Chaewon, Jungeun, and Hyejoo. They all groaned loudly.

"I hate church," Chaewon whined.

"Let's go to the car," Jungeun said sadly, leaning down to peck Jinsoul on the cheek. "I'll talk to you soon." 

Jinsoul watched Jungeun go with a frown, the two sharing a sad wave.

"Is it, like, really really wrong to make out at church?" Jinsoul overheard Chaewon ask Hyejoo. Jinsoul chuckled as Hyunjin tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Jindori, our dad wants to have lunch with us so we have to go now," Heejin said.

"Well, bye guys," Jinsoul responded as they walked away, looking around and noticing that Yeojin had disappeared as well. She must have dipped with everyone else. Suddenly, a group of kids approached the prize stand, and Vivi started to serve them. Jinsoul sighed, waving to Vivi and walking back up to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jinsoul was still in her room about forty five minutes later, surrounded by candy wrappers and empty starbucks cups. She was watching Long Island Medium, tucked under the covers in her pajamas, despite it being one thirty in the afternoon. Suddenly, her phone buzzed, and Jinsoul grabbed it.

It was Jungeun, sending a very simple text: Hey Jindori~ 

Jinsoul grinned and answered as quickly as her fingers would allow. Aren't you still in church? 

Yup, we all still are...

Jungeunnie... that's, like, really unholy

I honestly give zero s. Anyways, Haseul is texting Vivi, and Hyejoo and Chaewon are making out

Omfg ofc Hyejoo and Chaewon would make out in ing church

My grandma is practically sobbing

Oh god... Jinsoul simultaneously grimaced and snickered.

It's actually pretty hilarious to watch

only in reno...

Lmaooo, Jungeun messaged, adding on that one emoji with two different sized eyes and the tongue sticking out. what are you doing?

Jinsoul smiled at her double texting and answered. watching long island medium and pigging out in sweatpants

cute~

how the hell is that cute?

Man idk it just is

lmaooooo

Jinsoul

Ummmm, Jungeun double texted.

What, Jinsoul answered, starting to get a bit nervous.

Well

Um 

I, um....

WHAT? Jinsoul typed, anxiety growing in her stomach.

ehm...

nothing. lol

OH MY GOD JUNGEUN YOURE KILLING ME

Its rlly nothing!!!

WTF U CANT JUST LEAVE ME HANGING!

um

just that I feel very uncomfortable bc im wearing a fancy dress

Lmaooo, Jinsoul answered. She felt relieved but in the back of her head, she knew that wasn’t the full issue. But nonetheless she ignored it. So dramatic

I ing hate wearing fancy dresses. I just want to be pigging out and wearing sweatpants and watching tv with you rather than hearing my sister and her girlfriend make out and my grandpas sighs of disapproval and the priest drone on about stuff i dont care about at all

aw, I wish you were here too

omg yay church is done! also my sister is grounded lol

oh poor girl

She probably deserves it tho, Jinsoul added.

yeah but grandma and grandpa will forget in 2 days so it doesn't matter

lmao

Chaewon's mom just grounded her too lol they're gonna be so annoying

can't they just...whatever they do over facetime? 

no way, Hyejoo's banned from facetime

why?"

well one time she was doing a satanic ritual with Chaewon and grandpa walked in

omfg he must have died

it was two days after the braces incident too

I feel so bad for them now lol

yeah, those two can never catch a break

oh hell yes im home now, Jungeun added. gonna change into sweatpants

mood

I am now in sweatpants and I am happy

what's your favorite song? Jinsoul suddenly asked.

that was random...

but what is it? Cmon im curious!!! Jinsoul pestered.

Idk...

Ig it would have to be Work Song by Hozier

oh hozier? I know that song Take Me To Church by him...

If you only know take me to church then youre rlly missing out, Jungeun said, and Jinsoul could feel her firmness through the screen. 

I’ll have to give it a listen!

well what's your fav song? Jungeun asked.

Definitely we fell in love in october by girl in red

who the hell is girl in red?

YOU DONT KNOW GIRL IN RED?? Jinsoul typed, steam practically coming out of her ears. Maybe Jungeun really is straight then...

Only one of the greatest wlw songwriters of our generation. Jinsoul refused to admit she was probably exaggerating on that one.

omg, I'll listen to that song rn then

I think you’ll like it a lot

Oh my god, Jungeun typed.

This is amazing

i actually really like it

How have i never listened to this before, Jungeun quadruple texted.

seriously?

it's adorable~

thanks uwu

I'll listen to your song then, Jinsoul double texted.

it's very....hozier, Jungeun explained.

As Jinsoul put the song on, she had to agree. But she really liked it. 

this song is really sweet...i actually sort of ing love this... it’s going on my playlist

Really? Jungeun answered with the pouty face emoji

Ofc, u clearly have taste

Jungeun sent another pouty face emoji before typing out a real message.

well, grandma is forcing me and hyejoo to help her out in the garden, so i gotta go

Jinsoul pouted reading Jungeun’s response. why must you always leave me..

I'll be back soon Jindori wait for me~

I promise I will, Jinsoul answered, working up the courage to include a heart emoji

well, bye

bbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee

ttyl

if you're going to go, just go! Jinsoul finished, whining out loud.