Successful interview

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

It was getting colder as the month crept into November. Jaehyun wanted to drag Kyuhyun to Royal Albert Dock Liverpool as he wanted to attend an event there.

"Kyu, we go to Liverpool next weekend and stay 1 night over there okay? I want to see the unique projections" Jaehyun said. Every end of autum and beginning of winter, the Dock were beautifully lighted-up with many projections on the walls of the warehouses, to depict the uniqueness of Liverpool.

"Kyu, are you listening?" Jaehyun turned his head to where Kyuhyun was seated at their dining table. Kyuhyun was typing something on his laptop and Jae guessed that he wasn't paying attention. But his guessed was wrong. He chuckled when Kyuhyun answered him. 

"Yes, okay, you go and book the hotel. And the train tickets too" Kyuhyun said, without turning around. He was finishing his financial analysis write up to send to his boss. He was supposed to finish it earlier, but he was on the line with Sungmin to ask him about the interview. He was happy that the interview went well and Sungmin would know the result on this coming Monday. 

 "Shall we travel there on Friday evening after work? Then we have more time in Liverpool and come back on Sunday". 

"That's 2 nights, Jae..." 

"Oopps yeah..." 

"Okay, whatever" Kyuhyun saved his document and attached it to his email and sent it to his boss. Now he turned his attention to Jae. "Check the train schedule first coz I recalled that the train operator has changed. Is it still hourly train? If no, then check whether we have enough time to catch the train after our work". 

"Checking checking....." Jae said while typing something on his ipad. "Oh yes, how was Sungmin's interview?" 

"He said it went well and they would call him on Monday. Heard from Sungmin that your client Mr Tae was quite impressed with the web design samples" Kyuhyun off his laptop and joined Jae in the living room. 

"Ohh that's great. If Mr Tae happens to call me on Monday, I ask him too..." Jae said, sitting on the floor, crossed-legged "Ohhhhh Kyu, it's still on hourly train schedule!"

Avanti West Coast (formerly Trains) operate a direct service from London to Liverpool Lime Street departing at every 7 minutes past the hour, taking 2h 12m to reach Lime Street station. The last time both of them went to Liverpool was 2 years ago. 

"What time you can leave your office? For me, as usual 5pm" Kyuhyun said while checking through the train schedule too. 

"We definitely can't make it for 5.07pm train, so, earliest is at 6.07 pm. Hmmmm, by then we reached Lime Street after 8pm" Jae said sadly. 

"Wanna take half day off? Then we can take an earlier train" Kyuhyun suggested. 

Jaehyun's face lighted up "You okay to apply for 1/2 day leave?" 

"Yeah... should be okay.." 

"Okay!!! We pack lunch, eat at home, then take the 2.07pm train?" 

"Hmmm, depart from Euston Station, right? We might not have time if we come home. Why not we bring our backpack along, then we meet at Euston, eat lunch there and go?" 

"Ahhh... yes.. okay!!" Jaehyun showed his thumbs up sign. 

"You look through the hotels, I book the train tickets" Kyuhyun offered. They were always like that, after they have made sone decisions, they would automatically shared the responsibility. 

Sungmin was nervous on Monday and knowing that London is 8 hours behind was somewhat worst, because it got him more nervous as morning crept to afternoon. He was in his office and was hoping that they called him during his tea break. 

Getting the job means that he would submit his resignation, and start to arrange for his London's work permit visa. The work permit application process is led by the employer who is responsible for issuing the applicant with a Certificate of Sponsorship. He also need to pass the points-based assessment, whereby the passing mark is 70 and above. Kyuhyun had previously told Sungmin not to worry about it and that he would guide him on the answers. 

Meanwhile, Jaehyun was smiling widely while grabbing his phone to call Kyuhyun "Kyu! Guess what? Mr Tae called me!!" Jaehyun did a short drumroll "Sungmin got selected!!! Yeyyyy!!!" and he sounded more happier than Kyuhyun!! "But Mr Tae said not to tell Sungmin first until they officio call him!!" 

Kyuhyun sighed with relief!! "That's great, Jae!!! I'm so happy for him!! Okay okay I won't tell him. Thank you for telling me!" 

"No problem!" Jaehyun said happily, glad that he could help. "Ohh by the way, I've booked Holiday Inn Express Liverpool! Only 20mins away from the Royal Albert Dock. For 2 nites, with breakfast". 

"Alright, great!. Okay, I'm going for a meeting. See you at home!" Kyuhyun said and off his phone, smiling. When Sungmin is here, there would be 3 of them. Both Jaehyun and himself had already planned to bring Sungmin to a lot of places during his off days. He couldn't wait for Sungmin to be here! 

One of Mr Tae's staff called Sungmin when he just left his office. 

"Hello" Sungmin said in English when he saw that the caller was from London. London's number starts with country code +44 and by now Sungmin knew Kyuhyun's number, so since the number wasn't Kyuhyun, so he reckon it must be from Oseyo TCR supermarket. His hand was shaking while holding his phone. 

"Hi Mr Lee Sungmin? I'm calling on behalf of Mr Tae, from Oseyo TCR. Regarding your application and interview, we are very happy to inform you that you are successful, and we will get in touch with you again regarding the visa work permit application" 

Sungmin sat down at the bus stop as even his leg has turn jelly! He was too happy to hear the news!!! 

"Thank you very much! That means, you will apply and process for me the visa work permit application?" 

"Yes Mr Lee. Once it is approved, you will need to go through a test, and if everything is ok, we will send to you your approved Visa work permit and your air ticket to your Seoul address. We will email you officially regarding your successful application, and can you reply back with the date when you can commence work? Just give us a rough estimate will do "

"Yes, ok, will do" 

Thank you, Mr Lee. Congratulations and look out for our email ok. Have a good day!"

"Thank you very much and you have a good day too!" Sungmin said and off his phone. He wanted to jump for joy but he was still at the bus stop! He couldn't wait to tell Kyuhyun about the good news!! 

Kyuhyun of course acted as though he didn't know, so he was jubilant too and happy for Sungmin. He told Sungmin that the next step was to complete the points-based assessment, which was more like testing basic English language. 

"So Kyu, can I call you this weekend so that you could train me?" Sungmin asked him.

"Ohhh, we are going to Liverpool this Friday till Sunday. Maybe I call you when we are back on Sunday?" Kyuhyun said apologetically to Sungmin. 

"Ohh no worries, Kyu. Wow Liverpool! You two enjoy yourselves okay! Send my regards to Jae!" 

"Okay, Min! Congrats again and you take care ok. I missed you!" Kyuhyun said and waited for Sungmin to off his line. 

Sungmin off his phone. He was not sure why everytime he would feel upset when Kyuhyun was spending time with Jaehyun. He felt that when he's there eventually, he might disrupt Jaehyun's closeness to Kyuhyun. 

Does Kyuhyun really want him to be there in London? If he's there with Kyuhyun, he scared that Kyuhyun could not spend quality time with Jaehyun anymore. 

What should he do....? Sungmin didn't have the answer...