It's the new year!

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

It was bitingly cold and Sungmin has to re-wrap his muffler to cover his ears. They had gone to River Thames for new year countdown and watching fireworks.

"It's so cold!!" Sungmin said louder as it was very noisy, and putting his glowed hands deeper into his winter jacket pockets.

"Yeah, because it's an open area" Jaehyun replied loudly too. The whole area along River Thames, from the London Eye until after Parliament House, were crowded with people! Some groups were even partying and pouring champagne and the alcohol smell was strong.

Kyuhyun called him 5 minutes before midnight and Sungmin could hardly hear him! At Kyuhyun's end, it was equally deafening!! Everybody was shouting!

"Min!! Can you hear me?" Kyuhyun shouted.

"Yes!! But very noisy!!" Sungmin shouted back and glanced at Jaehyun, who turned to him.

"How's your hand?" Kyuhyun shouted again.

"Bearable but still sore" Sungmin shouted back.

"Are you two at River Thames? I'm at Eiffel Tower, at the opposite actually, next to River Seine, and there are so many people partying here!" Kyuhyun shouted, amidst the noise.

"They are partying here too! The alcohol smell is very strong!" Sungmin shouted.

"Ohhh Min, the countdown starts!!!" Kyuhyun shouted. It was impossible to hear anything with all this noise!! 

"Let's countdown together, Kyu!" Sungmin shouted and joined in the countdown with Jaehyun. He put his phone on speaker and they shouted so that Kyuhyun could hear. The man himself was shouting his countdown too! 

"3....2....1..... Happy New Year!!!!" both of them shouted and scream together!! 

The fireworks started and it was so awesome!!

Kyuhyun shouted "Happy birthday Min!! I love you!!" 

"Thank you!!!" Sungmin shouted over the speaker. 

Jaehyun hugged Sungmin "Happy birthday, Sungmin!!" he laughed and patted his shoulder. "Everybody around the World is celebrating your birthday!!" 

"Haha... Thanks, Jae!!" Sungmin laughed. 

Kyuhyun on his video to show them the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. It was equally beautiful! And the Eiffel Tower displayed the France national colours!! Jaehyun nudged Sungmin to on his video too to show Kyuhyun their fireworks and Sungmin did, and Kyuhyun shouted "Woww that's nice! I should be there with you!!" 

"It's okay dumb! You can be here next year!" Jaehyun shouted and laughed. 

"Okay guys, my colleagues wants to go for a drink. Happy New year to both of you and happy birthday Min!!" Kyuhyun shouted. 

"Okay Kyu, enjoy!! Bye!!!" both Sungmin and Jaehyun shouted. 

"Bye, don't stay in the cold too long!" Kyuhyun showed himself and waved at them, smiling happily, and the line was cut off. 

"The fireworks are really awesome!! Same for the Eiffel Tower too! Back home, the fireworks were only at Han River, along the bridge. And families did a picnic there since noon, so much so that you can't even stand close to the river banks!" Sungmin told Jaehyun.

They started walking back to their car "You know Sungmin, to be honest, I don't miss Seoul, in any aspect. Life in London is more independent, you get rewarded if you work hard, the rich people don't treat you like a dirt, and you have freedom of speech. And people here really celebrate festive season to chill down from work. Of course, I do think of my family constantly, but I don't miss Seoul... "

They got into their car and Sungmin the heater. "Well, you've been here for 7 years, so understandably you are so used to London life. I must get use to it too! I'm beginning to like it here, not just because of Kyuhyun and you, but London itself and the people" Sungmin smile, rubbing his hands together to get some warmth.

"You missed your family?" Jaehyun asked, rubbing his hands too, to get some warmth. 

"Now that you mentioned it, actually I don't! Just that when my brother text me, then I missed him and my mother. But other than that, I dont miss Korea!" Sungmin laughed and started driving. 

"Oh yes, Kyuhyun is coming back the day after tomorrow. Since you are still on MC, you can fetch him at Saint Pancras Station?" Jaehyun asked him. 

"Yeah I'll fetch him" Sungmin nodded. 

"I must remind him to buy back French croissants!!" Jaehyun already could smell his favourite croissant!! 

"There are croissants here too, isn't there?" Sungmin asked with a baffled look. 

"It taste different, trust me!!" 

"I did try it, coz Kyuhyun gave me one croissant that day when we first met... yeah, it has nice aroma and very fresh!" 

"Right?!" Jaehyun laughed. 

They reached their apartment and once they went in, the bid each other goodnight. 

"Happy birthday, Sungmin!!" Jaehyun waved at him. 

"Thanks, Jae" Sungmin smile and went to his bedroom. It was indeed a lovely birthday! 1st time he celebrated his birthday in London! He just wished that Kyuhyun was here, it will complete his happiness.

Over at Paris, somehow, everybody woke up early since it was a beautiful 1st day of the year, and after breakfast, the guys decided to walk along River Seine, to Rue Saint Honore. The ladies preferred to go to Champs Elysees and they went via the Metro. 

Kyuhyun and his guys colleagues really shop a lot and had a good time! They went to LV, Mulberry, YSL, Longchamp, and even to Ferragamo, and Kyuhyun was happy that he managed to get whatever he wanted to buy for his beloved and for Jae, and not forgetting for himself as well. 

"Heyy Kyuhyun, thank you for suggesting to come here! This is a great place! Rue Saint Honore is so much better than Galleries Lafayette!!" Mark, another one of Kyuhyun's colleagues, told me with appreciation. They had gone into a cafe to have lunch. 

"No problem! Normally for our business trip, we hardly has time to shop, right?" Kyuhyun grinned. 

"Tell me about it! I usually rush for meetings and couldn't even have a good breakfast!!" Sean added. 

"Shall we tell boss that for business trip, to let us have 1 day for a break? At least we can wind down!" Albert said. 

"Buy don't forget, you are alone for business trip, no fun!" Kyuhyun laughed, and agreed by the rest and they laughed too. 

"I suggest we still bring this up during brainstorming session tomorrow. At least boss can consider it, am I right?" Albert said to the rest. 

"Well, we can... but boss might say, at your own expense!" Mark said and laughed. 

They laughed and finished up their lunch. It was drizzling, so Kyuhyun suggested they adjourned for coffee at the cafe next door, and later would call for an MPV cab that could fit all of them. No point walking in the rain and got sick during the bee year! 

For Sungmin, this year's birthday was special because he has a new life in London. And everytime Sungmin admired his ring, his mind would think of Kyuhyun. Sometimes he wondered if he did not get married and left Kyuhyun, would Kyuhyun still stay put in Seoul and did not migrate over? Maybe things happened for a reason, and for the better. 

Look at Kyuhyun now, such a successful Chief Business Analyst in his firm, Livingbridge Financial Group. Sungmin felt so proud of him, and for Jaehyun too. They not only survived staying in London, but managed to climb up the corporate ladder!

Since it was Sungmin's birthday, Jaehyun didn't allow him to cook, and they went out for a high tea, which they couldn't go the last round due to the typhoon. 

Fortnum and Mason afternoon tea was one of the most popular high tea session in London. And Jaehyun was trilled because he managed to get a slot on a new year holiday, after they had cancelled it earlier and thus offered him this slot. 

"Wow, this place is great! I've never been to a high-class high tea before!!" Sungmin said excitedly. There were so many delicious food and Sungmin was spoilt for choice! "This must be expensive! Let me share the cost, Jae" 

"Nope! It's my birthday treat for you! Don't worry about the cost okay, just eat! I'll recommend you what's good!" Jaehyun smile happily and couldn't wait to eat too. 

They started eating and Jaehyun kept adding food onto their table. All the main dishes and high tea selection were delicious and Jaehyun thought Sungmin how to eat slowly and enjoyed the taste!

After a while, Jaehyun said to him. "Sungmin...." 

"Hmmm?" Sungmin answered while biting a cupcake. 

"Tell me honestly... did Mr Tae tried to make a pass at you? I mean... did you know that he likes you?" Jaehyun asked him in a low voice.

Sungmin was stumped. "How did you know.... ?"