What should he do?

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you


Kyuhyun left Sungmin after he has checked in safely. Though he would like to stay longer, he decided that he shouldn't, so he excused himself and left. Maybe he didn't trust himself when he was alone with Sungmin, or maybe he wanted to teach Sungmin a lesson? He didn't understand his decision too, but well, he has left, so be it.

He knew that Sungmin felt sad and  disappointed that he decided to leave after he has checked in, but what did Sungmin expect? It wasn't easy to forget what happened 7 years ago, and meeting him suddenly today, made his heart went completely haywire.

While walking back to his home, he kept thinking of Sungmin's beautiful face. "Aishhh, enough!!! Stop thinking about him!!" he scolded himself. He remembered that he needed to call Jaehyun. 

"Heyyy, I'm back and reaching home soon" Kyuhyun told his housemate. 

"And only now you tell me....?" Jaehyun nagged on the other line. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Sorry, I got held up and forgot to return your call. You want me to order dinner?" 

"I can buy on my way home. I was thinking of takeaways at Melissa's? Okay with you?" 

"Yup, I love their fish and chips! By the way, I bought for you French croissants. I'll heat them up in the microwave later" 

"Ohmygoddd!!!!!!" Jaehyun practically scream and Kyuhyun has to move his phone away from his ear!! 

Kyuhyun laughed "So you don't buy too much food for yourself coz you have 4 pieces of croissants to gobble"

"Yeyyyyy!!! Thanks, Kyu! Okay I pack up now and go off. You make sure those croissants are hot when I reach home okay?!! See ya" 

Kyuhyun chuckled and off his phone. Actually he bought 6 croissants, but he gave 2 pieces to Sungmin in case he was hungry. "I still care for you, you know Sungmin, and I never forget about you..." Kyuhyun sighed and took the lift to their apartment. While unpacking, his phone vibrated with an unknown overseas number. "Ohh it must be him.." he thought. He picked it up and said "Hello..."

"Kyu..." Sungmin said softly. His voice, still so lovely as ever. 

"Have you eaten the croissants?" Kyuhyun sat down on his bed. 

"Yes, and you are right, it's very nice. Thank you, Kyu" Sungmin said, then he seemed to be hesitated, but continued "Can... can we meet tomorrow?" 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. "I... why don't you go for tour first? Join a day tour, look around London..."

"I missed you..." Sungmin sounded like he was about to cry. 

"Min..." 

"I was going crazy when I realised you are no longer in Seoul. I know it was all my fault, and I will not force you to accept me now. I just can't get you out of my mind. I missed you a lot, really really a lot..." Sungmin sobbed sadly. 

Kyuhyun's heart squeezed in pain hearing his cry. He really wanted to hug him, to love him again, to see his beautiful smile again. 

"Min, I...." Kyuhyun stopped as he honestly didn't know how to say what was really in his heart.  He took a deep breath and said "Ok, I'm not working tomorrow, so... why don't we meet for breakfast and then I bring you around after that..?" he said, before he changed his mind. He will need to tell Jaehyun everything tonight. 

"Ohhh Kyu, thank you, thank you very much..! Where can I meet you? I can try to find the place.." Sungmin sniffed and Kyuhyun could hear his sighed of relief. 

"Hmmm, from your hotel, you just walk forward and up the hill towards the white building, then when you see Victoria station on your right, cross the road and just wait for me inside. Is 9am too early for you?" Kyuhyun asked with concerned. He knew Sungmin might have jetlag after the long flight.

"Yes yes it's fine. Thank you, Kyu" 

"If you want to go for dinner tonight, there are a few cafes and restaurants behind your hotel. Just walk backwards towards the traffic light and turn left. Don't go too far, it's not very safe at night..." he said worriedly. 

Sungmin smile to himself "so he does care" but he didn't say it out loud. Sniffing again, he said "Okay, I will take your advice. Thank you. See you tomorrow, Kyu" 

"See you Sungmin" Kyuhyun said, waiting for him to off his phone first. That was what he did last time. It was his habit. He always wanted Sungmin to off his phone first. And it seems like Sungmin knew and remembered about it too, so Sungmin off his phone first. 

Kyuhyun stared at his phone. He smile and saved Sungmin's number. What a day!! He took a deep breath and continued unpacking and took a shower. 

Jaehyun came home just when the microwave 'ping' that the croissants are readily heated up. He put the food on their dining table and ran to the microwave, but kyuhyun blocked him. "Go wash your hand first!" 

"Tsk...." Jaehyun made a face and went to the sink. He wipe his hand and then turned to Kyuhyun, opened up his hand and hugged him "Welcome back!!! I was so lonely when you are not around!!" 

"Like real! I'm very sure you came home at midnight!" 

"I didn't okayy" 

"Alright, alright let's eat. Here, your croissants!" Kyuhyun gave him the plate. 

"Mmmmmmmm...." Jaehyun closed his eyes dreamingly and savour the soft croissant. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Jae, come with me to Paris next time! We can have breakfast in a French cafe everyday!" 

Jaehyun eyes became big with excitement "Ohmygod! I thought you never ask!!!" he said excitedly and continued "But when is your next Biz trip?" 

"I need to go back there 2 months later to sign the acquisition contract. Hmmm, let me see" Kyuhyun took his phone to check the date "on 6th Oct.." 

"October? Aishhh... I have a project to complete! We are migrating all high networth customers to a new system" Jaehyun said with regrets. 

"It's okayy... Another time then" Kyuhyun smile and shrugged his shoulder. They had finished their dinner, so Kyuhyun took their food wrappers to throw.  "You go take your shower, I boil water to make tea for us" 

"Alrighty...." Jaehyun said while walking to his room. "Heyy Kyu, don't start the washing machine first. I'll do it after my shower!" he shouted from his room. 

"Yeah...!" Kyuhyun said and filled up the kettle to boil water. Jaehyun and himself did their household chores together and they were never calculative. They cooperate, considerate with each other, and helped each other for the past 5 years. They treated each other like brothers, and eventhough both of them prefer guys, they never cross the line and never went beyond brotherhood relationship. 

They were sipping tea and watching Mr Bean on TV, when Kyuhyun decided to tell Jaehyun. "Jae, actually I met Sungmin just now at King Cross St Pancras Station".

Jaehyun nearly choke and coughed to clear his throat "What?!!! When.. How...?" he seemed unable to believe what Kyuhyun had just told him. 

Kyuhyun told him everything, from the chance meeting, to Sungmin's confession at the cafe, sending him to hotel, and Sungmin's phone call. "And I agreed to meet him tomorrow morning for breakfast.... " 

Jaehyun looked at Kyuhyun "Kyu, I know you still love him, but are you really sure that he is divorced? And that he still loves you? What if he is not telling you the truth?" 

"I really don't know what I should do, Jae. On one hand, I missed him a lot and I was so happy to meet him again, but on the other hand, yes, I am scared to be hurt again.." 

"Not only that Kyu. If he is really hope for you two to get back together, then what? He is going back to Seoul and you are here. You are okay for a long distance relationship?" 

"Frankly speaking, I haven't decided on anything, and haven't think that far. Deep in my heart, I want him to be mine again, to see his smile, to hold his hand, to love him all over again. But yes, you are right, he will go back and I'm here. How can we endure a long distance relationship..."

Jaehyun stared at Kyuhyun with concern. He witnessed how badly Kyuhyun was affected when Sungmin got married. He was devastated and was in a brink of total despair. It was sheer luck that their enlistment was due and the training at the army camp helped Kyuhyun focus on training instead of wallowing in sorrows. He himself saw how Kyuhyun struggle to stand up again and face reality. 

"Kyu, I'm not trying to influence your decision, but asked yourself again whether you are willing to start a relationship with him, to accept him again after 7 years, and to face the hardship of separation due to different locations if you two get back together. Relationship won't work based on missing each other only".

"I know..." Kyuhyun said softly, looking down at his mug and tracing the outline subconsciously. The mug that he brought along from Seoul... The mug that he treasured the most because it was a gift from Sungmin....

"Heyyy..." Jaehyun said softly, reaching out his hand to touch Kyuhyun's hand because he fully understood his friend's feelings. "Go for it and follow your heart. You deserve to be happy. Just think carefully what you two would face in the long run and decide accordingly" Jaehyun squeezed Kyuhyun's hand. 

"Thank you, Jae, for believing in me and always there for me.." Kyuhyun put down his mug and reached over to hug him. He truly appreciate Jaehyun. Without him, he wouldn't know whether he was still alive or not. 

Jaehyun has left for work when Kyuhyun came out from his shower the next morning. Earlier, he has knocked on the shower door to say that he left some coffee in the coffee jug in case Kyuhyun need to drink to boost his courage, and when Kyuhyun said "get lost", he laughingly said goodbye and left for work. 

Indeed, he needed the coffee because he suddenly felt nervous. He chuckled because Jaehyun knew him inside out. He left their apartment and took the lift down to cross over to Victoria Place Shopping Centre. The traffic crossing was quite crowded as it was still a working day, since it was Friday. For Kyuhyun, he was given a day off since he just got back from his business trip. 

As he crossed the traffic crossing and walked towards the shopping entrance, Kyuhyun's eyes automatically found Sungmin among the crowd. He looked so beautiful standing there, in pink cardigan, with his big eyes looking at the crowd, obviously searching for him. 

Their eyes met and Kyuhyun could see the happiness in Sungmin's eyes. His own heart skips a beat and smiling at Sungmin, he knew that he has found his answer..