Flying over

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Sungmin nearly fall off his chair when he clicked open the email regarding his English Proficiency test result. He must have received it late last night and he only saw it this morning. 

"I got 95??? Ohmygod, is this real?" He re-checked his application number, his passport number, his email address... all were his, so he really got 95?!!! "Ohmygod. Yes yes yes!!!" he shouted and stood up to do a little dance of joy!! 

He literally dropped his phone in his haste to text Kyuhyun, but luckily his bedroom floor was carpeted, otherwise his screen would surely cracked!  He knew it was still night in London, so Kyuhyun would only see his text hours later. But nevermind, he couldn't wait to text him. 

"Kyu, I passed!! I got 95 marks!! Woohoo!" Sungmin sent his text. And then he added "Once they emailed me my certificate, I will forward to Mr Tae. Convey my thanks to Jaehyun too!" Sungmin smile widely and got up from his bed. He showered quickly and got ready for work. 

This week would be his final week at work. His boss kept asking him to extend his service, but he needed to do a lot of things, like buying air ticket, buying more winter clothings, packing, clearing his room and get Korean souvenirs for Kyuhyun and Jaehyun. 

He already bought Korean ramyeon pot, Jeju's green tea, packets of ready-made Korean gravys, and packets of ramyeon too! But he wanted to get something else for the two guys. It's just that he hasn't decided what. 

Kyuhyun only saw Sungmin's messages the next morning, London time. Both Jaehyun and himself slept early last night because both of them got drenched in a sudden thunderstorm, and after a warm shower, they got sleepy so they immediately hit the bed. 

"Jae!! Sungmin passed his English exam!!" Kyuhyun practically dashed out of his room and barged in Jaehyun's room. He was spraying body spray on his upper body but such scene was nothing to both of them. They were used to see each other's body anyway. 

"Wow that's great!!! Congratulate him for me please!!" Jaehyun was punching the air because he was happy for Sungmin. "And does he want us to book the air ticket for him? Ohhh Mr Tae will reimburse it by the way". 

"Nahhh, knowing Sungmin, he will book himself. I will remind him to keep the e-receipt and confirmation email" Kyuhyun already started typing a reply to Sungmin. "He said once he receive the official certificate of his English test, he will send it to Mr Tae. And guess what, Jae?" Kyuhyun looked up at Jaehyun "He got 95!" Kyuhyun smile happily. 

"Ohmygod! Really??!!!! Wow, he's really work hard for this!!" Jaehyun walked over to Kyuhyun to pat Kyuhyun's back. "So how do you feel, now that you know that Sungmin is coming for sure?" Jaehyun . 

Kyuhyun clicked the send button and looked up at Jaehyun "I don't know how to describe, really. Happy to the max! It's like a dream come true that finally he's coming to me for good!" 

Jaehyun laughed "That's what I want to see. The happy you!" he patted Kyuhyun's back again happily. 

Kyuhyun's happiness is everything to him. He has long regarded Kyuhyun as his younger brother and love him sincerely as a brother, so he just want his beloved brother to be happy. Though most of the time, Kyuhyun treated him like his younger brother instead! 

"Thanks Jae! Ok I better get ready for work!! Wait for me!" and he dashed out to go back to his room. 

Jaehyun shook his head and chuckled. He got ready and packed sandwiches for both of them, which he has prepared earlier. He poured coffee into his flask, and into Kyuhyun's flask too. They took turns to prepare breakfast, at least twice a week. Other days, they would just grab buns or bagel from Sainsbury. 

They were on their way to the Underground train at Victoria Station when Kyuhyun remembered something. "Jae, I forgot to tell you. Our car is ready for collection this coming Saturday!" he said while showing Jaehyun the email that he received. 

"What?!! Ohmygod!!" Jaehyun practically jumping for joy! "It's perfect timing! Sungmin arriving here the week after that, right? We can drive to fetch him!!!" 

"You mean I drive and you sit comfortably enjoying the view to Heathrow, right?" Kyuhyun chided him. 

"Yeah yeah but you are fetching someone special, so you will enjoy the drive too!" 

Kyuhyun laughed. What Jaehyun said was perfectly true. He would surely be in a happy mood driving to Heathrow to fetch the love of his life!

The car that they had finally decided to buy was the Ford Kuga SUV. It was basically a practical family car that's great to drive, and this latest iteration of Ford family SUV blends great driving dynamics with useful on-board tech, good safety kit and plenty of practicality. The only disagreement between the two was about the colour. Kyuhyun preferred white whereas Jaehyun preferred black. Well, in the end, Jaehyun won! And they would be collecting a black Ford Kuga SUV soon! 

Meanwhile, Sungmin was contemplating to surprise Kyuhyun and Jaehyun by flying there earlier, like this Friday, a day after his last day at work! He had initially told the two guys that he would arrive in London on the following Saturday, but he couldn't wait! If he could fly there earlier, why not right?? 

After he had emailed to Mr Tae regarding his English Proficiency test result and sent over his e-certificate, Mr Tae had informed him that he would email his Employment Visa in 2 days time, so that would be this coming Thursday. Once he has received his Employment Visa, he actually could fly to London anytime!

Sungmin has finally decided what to buy for Kyuhyun and Jaehyun! He whistled happily while putting both souvenirs in respective boxes and packed them in his 2nd luggage. His 1st luggage were all his clothings, winter jackets and other attires, and 2nd luggage were for pots, books, ready to cook things and miscellaneous items that he had bought to bring them over.

Once he had received his employment visa approval, he printed it out, put all documents neatly in a folder and put it in his backpack together with his passport and air ticket. He really wanted to surprise Kyuhyun so he would be flying off tomorrow night and reached London on Saturday morning, London time.

In London, the guys were eating dinner at Melissa's Kitchen which was opposite Victoria Coach Station, and was near to their apartment. They often packed back the food from here but for tonight since it was a Friday night, they had decided to eat out.

"Kyu, Mr Tae told me he has gotten Sungmin's Employment Visa and had emailed to Sungmin yesterday morning. So Sungmin can go ahead and book his air ticket. Remind him it's for one-way only!" Jaehyun told Kyuhyun while munching his kebab fish and chips. He really loved the fish and chips here, it was different from other places because it was prepared with kebab sauce.

Kyuhyun raised his eye-brows "Ohh Sungmin got his Employment Visa already?!! Oh gosh, did he text me? I didn't check my phone!" Kyuhyun quickly put down his fork and knife, wipe his mouth and fished his phone out of his pant's pocket. He has been busy the whole day, so he didn't had time to use the phone. For dinner, Jaehyun had informed him this morning, so Kyuhyun knew where to meet him.

Sungmin did text him, but only one text, just to inform him that he got his Employment Visa from Mr Tae already. He didn't mentioned about buying air ticket, making Kyuhyun assumed that it has been taken care off and so he replied Sungmin's text "Wow that's great! Congrats!!! Woohoo!! Okay, let us know your schedule arrival time okay, we'll wait for you at Heathrow Terminal 2".

"I'm looking forward to tomorrow when finally we have our own car!" Jaehyun said in-between his munching. "You replied Sungmin?" 

"Yeah, just did, I didn't have time to check my phone the whole day as I was with the auditors" Kyuhyun resumed munching his kebab fish. 

"I hate them too. Auditors asked 1001 questions even if everything has been documented properly and everything is accounted for" Jaehyun said, agreeing with Kyuhyun. 

"Yeah tell me about it! And I practically spent the whole day with them yesterday and today" Kyuhyun sighed, shaking his head. "Our appointment tomorrow is at 10am to pickup our car. Let's go for breakfast first?" 

"Onz!!!" Jaehyun fished out his phone and checkout the area near Hendon Car dealer. "Hmmm, we will be alighting at Charing Cross Station, so... we can have breakfast at Breadline Cafe?" 

"Alright. We will need to leave home around 8.30am then" Kyuhyun said, checking his phone to estimate the journey. 

"Okay, please wake me up..." Jaehyun said. 

"What? It's your turn to wake me up...!" Kyuhyun playfully argued back. 

"Shall we sleep together then? We can wake each other up" Jaehyun said and burst out laughing when Kyuhyun threw a chip at him. 

"That only happened when we were drunk and didn't even realised which bed we ended up at" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at him. 

Jaehyun chuckled "It was your fault for tempting me with your french wine! That was a good drinking session by the way. I truly enjoyed that night" 

"Yeah. I agree with you" Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded. It was really a great drinking session as both of them pour out all their grievances about work, life and relationship. "Ahhh, now that you mentioned French wine, I will need to travel to Paris again in 2nd week of January. I will get more french wine then". 

"And don't forget my Paris croissants! Buy more since Sungmin will be here" 

Kyuhyun laughed. Sungmin told him the croissants were yummy too, after that 1st day when they met, which Kyuhyun had given him 2 croissants after Sungmin has safely checked in to his hotel. How time flies. Now Sungmin would be migrating here to be with him. 

They continued talking about their car and started calculating fuel charges, parking charges, etc. They decided to only use their card that was linked to their joint account, on all car matters. 

Sungmin has checked in his two luggage and was sitting in the departure area, waiting for boarding. He smilingly scrolling his phone reading Jaehyun's text about their dinner last night. Jaehyun has this habit of taking Kyuhyun's pictures without Kyuhyun's knowledge and Sungmin got to see Kyuhyun's various facial expressions, while eating, drinking, talking, smiling, and even laughing. Kyuhyun is purely gorgeous! 

How he missed Kyuhyun, and now couldn't wait to be with him. He missed Jaehyun too. That guy is really fun to be with, and Sungmin strived to accept his friendship whole-heartedly. This securing a job and getting employment visa was all possible with Jaehyun's help, and Sungmin owe it to him and to Kyuhyun. 

He had told his family that he would come back to visit them, and maybe, he could convince Kyuhyun and Jaehyun to come back for a visit too, since they have not visited Seoul for the past 7 years! Smilingly, he nodded to himself, and then off  his phone when a lady official announced that plane is ready for boarding. 

So this was it! He would be going to London for good! He boarded the plane, settled in his window seat, and looked out the window. "Goodbye Seoul. Goodbye omma, appa and Jinnie... " Sungmin said in his heart. Though he was somewhat sad to be leaving everything behind, but his happiness overrule his sadness.

He leaned back and smilingly looked forward to his journey to London. 

​​​​​​