Application Form

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Kyuhyun and Jaehyun took a bus from Euston Square station and alight at Tottenham Court Road. They looked around and spotted the Oseyo TCR supermarket. 

Jaehyun nudged Kyuhyun and pointed to him the poster advertisement next to the entrance glass door. Kyuhyun took a photo of it and gestured for them to go in. 

"Wow, impressive supermarket! How come we didn't know about this?" Jaehyun said.

"We did go to a Korean supermarket in Central London, but not Oseyo outlet..." Kyuhyun said, taking a basket and carry it along. There was a big monitor showing kpop group, Super Junior, singing "Angela" and 2 London youngsters were standing and watching the screen, giggling and ogling at them.

Jaehyun saw a staff and pulled Kyuhyun's sleeve. "Annyeong!" he greeted the staff and bowed slightly. "Can we enquire about the poster advertisement outside the door?".

The lady staff said "Chakaman.." and opened a door and called for somebody.

A Korean guy came out "Hi gentlemen, you were enquiring about the advertisement? Would you like to apply now?"

"No, not for us, for another friend of ours. Do you have the application form?" Kyuhyun asked politely, and putting down the basket on the floor. 

"We do. But just to let you know, we prefer guys as there are a lot of carrying and unpacking, and preferably bilingual, English and Hangeul, and also preferably tech savvy" he said while taking a blank form from a cabinet.

"Okay, but our friend is still in Korea. Will it be alright if we submit the form for him and you interview him via online?" Kyuhyun asked, taking the form and looking through it.

"It shouldn't be a problem" the guy replied Kyuhyun. 

"Heyyy, Mr Ahn!! How are you?" suddenly a guy came nearer and greeted Jaehyun. The other staff bowed respectfully at him. 

"Mr Tae! I'm good! I actually come here to find you!!" Jaehyun laughed and shook hands with Mr Tae, who laughed too. "Mr Tae, this is Cho Kyuhyun, my housemate" and turning to Kyuhyun, he said "Kyu, this is my wonderful client, Mr Tae"

Mr Tae laughed "I'm his client, but not sure if it's wonderful" and they all laughed. "Okay, what's up?" he turned to his staff. 

Mr Tae's staff explained about their query and that their friend who wanted to apply, is still in Korea. 

"That's no problem! Yes yes, you can submit the application form on his behalf, and we can arrange a tele-interview with him. But if successful, I need him to be here next month, hmmm.. or if not sble to, then, in two months time, as we are really short-handed. And we need to upgrade our online portal, so need somebody who know about Webpage". 

"We understand, Mr Tae" Kyuhyun said politely. "Our friend seemed to suitable for this job. We will discuss with him". 

"Alright great!. Come, come, do support us by buying our products. I can give Mr Ahn and you some discounts!!" Mr Tae gestured for them to start choosing what they intended to buy. 

"Thank you very much, Mr Tae!!" Jaehyun bowed at him and started looking at some noodles and ready-made spices. Kyuhyun took some bibimbap ingredients and ready-made kimchi. Before long, their basket was full and true enough, they got a substantial discount!!! 

"You are so thick-skin!" Kyuhyun jokingly scolded Jaehyun. 

"He was the one who offered to give discounts!! I didn't ask!!" Jaehyun defended himself and jokingly smacked Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun hailed a London cab to go home, as they were carrying lots of stuff. 

Once home, Kyuhyun called Sungmin via Zoom, using his ipad. Jaehyun joined in too, and was asked to talk to Sungmin first, while Kyuhyun went back to his bedroom to take the form 

"Hi Sungmin!!!" Jaehyun waved at him. 

"Hi Jae!!! How's the weather there?" 

"Getting cooler. Kyuhyun not back from dating, by the way" 

He got smacked by Kyuhyun and he laughed loudly, making Sungmin giggled too. 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin about the job application and Jaehyun sent him photos of the supermarket using Kyuhyun's phone. 

"Min, we need your details, and we will submit the form for you. If you got selected, they will arrange for a tele-interview with you..." Kyuhyun told him. 

"The supermarket is very upscale, big and tidy! Besides working at the supermarket, you will need to mann their Webpage too. I heard from Kyu that you got experience in this area?" Jaehyun asked him. 

"Yeah, currently I'm the photographer and Webpage designer for our korean tourism agency. I can provide some web design samples and send to you two, and you can submit it together with the application form" 

"That would be great, Min!" Kyuhyun showed his thumbs up. He really hope that Sungmin could be accepted and could migrate here to be with him. 

"Sungmin, once you are here, we'll bring you to watch soccer!!! We often go around everywhere to catch a game you know!! Even to Manchester!!!" Jaehyun said excitedly.

"Ohmygod! All the way to Manchester?!!! Isn't it far?" Sungmin was trying to check where Manchester was.

"It's 2 hours by train! And if it's a long weekend, we just stay at Premier Inn. It's just 5 minutes walk to the Old Trafford!" Jaehyun told him.

"Is the match tickets expensive?"

"Hmm not really. But don't worry, Kyu will surely pay for you!!! Hahaha...ouchhh!" and Kyuhyun smacked him again.

Sungmin laughed. "What's your favourite team?"

"Me? Tottenham Hotspur!!! Kyuhyun is a die hard fan of Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona but he does support Manchester United! So we travel there for their home game!"

"You like Tottenham Hotspur because of Son Heungmin?" Sungmin teased Jaehyun. 

"Heyyyy, how did you know that??"

"He's somebody that we should be proud off!!" 

"Yeah, a South Korean in the EPL!" 

"While you two talked non-stop about soccer, I've finished filling up the form! Sungmin, I'm sending you the image. You check through ok?"  Kyuhyun scanned a copy at their portable printer, and saved it as PDF, attached it to his email , and send the email to Sungmin. 

"Thanks Kyu. Will take a look when i receive it" Sungmin said. 

"So Kyu, shall we go when Sungmin is here?" Jaehyun asked excitedly. 

"Where?" for a minute, Kyuhyun was confused. 

"Watch soccer!" Jaehyun beat Kyuhyun with a small pillow.

"Ohhhh. Be specific next time!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Okay??" Jaehyun raised hus eyebrows at Kyuhyun. 

"Yes okayyy" Kyuhyun nodded his head and both Jaehyun and Sungmin clapped their hands. He was happy that Sungmin could click with Jaehyun. In fact, they loved similar things! Harry Potter, soccer, Tottenham Hotspur... 

Once Sungmin has confirmed everything in the form were in order, he used digital signature and signed on the form, scanned it back and sent to Kyuhyun. He had also send samples webpages that he has done, so that the owner, Mr Tae, could gauge his ability to handle their webpage. 

Sungmin was happy about that job opportunity and prayed that he was called up for an interview. He has also signed up for English course, and had attended 4 lessons so far. 

The pulling factor was of course, Kyuhyun. Sungmin wanted to be with him, to be in his arms again, to continue where they had left off, and to make Kyuhyun happy again. 

He has decided to leave his own family behind and had even brought this matter up to his family. Though his mother was sad and blamed herself for forcing him to get married years ago to save their family's business, but Sungmin never blame his parents. To him, his love for Kyuhyun became stronger and his only regret was pushing Kyuhyun away. 

So now, he strive to amend all broken bridges and to walk the path together with Kyuhyun...