Worrying

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

The paramedics informed Jaehyun that Kyuhyun would be sent to Trafford General Hospital. Sungmin had wanted to go with him in the ambulance, but Jaehyun pulled him back, saying that Sungmin need to drive their car!

"I don't have International licence. So I have to rely on you to drive" Jaehyun whispered.

"But I don't know the way, and I want to be with Kyu..." Sungmin whispered back. 

"Later we can be with him. Since we can't leave the car here, you drive and follow the ambulance...?" Jaehyun pleaded with him. 

"Okay okay, I get the car key from Kyu and let him know" Sungmin walked to the stretcher. "Kyu, I'll drive and we'll be right behind the ambulance. We'll see you at Trafford Hospital ok"

Kyuhyun struggle to take out the car key from his pants pocket and gave it to Sungmin "Okay drive carefully Min. See you" Kyuhyun mumbled because it was painful to talk.

Sungmin did a quick prayer and started to drive. It was difficult at first because English car drives on the right. It took him a while to get his bearing, and luckily they had to drive slowly due to so many fans walking in groups. Even the ambulance could not pick up it's speed yet.

"You okay driving so far?" Jaehyun asked him.

"Trying to... You know, I'm so used to drive on the left!" Sungmin chuckled.

"So sorry that we had to encounter this incident. We should have waited a while at our seats and let the other fans went down first" Jaehyun said with regret. They never encountered such issues before and maybe now with Sungmin around, they need to be more careful.

"Not your fault Jay. But I was really scared just now. How could they just wanted to force me to join them? That was very rude" Sungmin shook his head. 

"It's a fact that you are a beautiful man! And if we are in such crowd in future, I think you have to put on a cap or something" Jaehyun said, observing the ambulance. 

"Okay I'll take note of that. But I never expect Manchester people are like that..." 

"I guess only the soccer fans behave like that, and those 2 were probably from the opponent side. Generally the locals here are friendly though on the quiet side"  Jaehyun said and pointed ahead "Ohh that's the hospital!" 

Sungmin found a parking lot and both of them rushed in to the A&E after locking their car. 

Other than bruises on his left face, Kyuhyun's gums were bleeding too and luckily he didn't lost any tooth. The doctor treated his bruises, put on a medical plaster and treated his gums.  He was given prescription for medicines and a week's medical leave.

It was 2 hours later when they left the hospital. Kyuhyun felt dizzy and was dozing off, so Sungmin drove back to their hotel after Jaehyun input the hotel address in the GPS. Trafford Hospital was actually near to their hotel, but as road was a one-way road, he has to detour, so Sungmin wouldn't know which way to drive back and couldn't rely on the sleeping man. So GPS was the only solution. 

The next morning, they went for breakfast at the hotel, and Jaehyun cracked some jokes about some funny people that they saw at the A&E, and Sungmin was laughing. One of it was a couple who got stuck probably during their , and they had to walk sideways as they were joint down there. "The guy probably had dozed off and didn't pull out until it dried" Jaehyun laughed, making Sungmin laughed again. 

"Heyyy you two, that's not fair, I can't laugh" Kyuhyun complained because his cheeks hurt. 

"Eat up your soup and oats and then you can take your medicines. I brought them along" Sungmin told him after his laughter died down. "Anyway Kyu, I'm so sorry. Because of me, you got hurt" 

"That's okay, Sungmin, he was protecting his property" Jaehyun said, teasing Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun threw a serviette at him "Of course I will. You will do it too if there was only you and him" 

"Yeah, he is right Sungmin, I will do it too. We are like brothers, we'll protect each other" Jaehyun smile.

"Thank you Jae!" Sungmin smile back. In fact, he was happy that he found both Kyuhyun and Jaehyun when he came to London, and that they accepted him whole-heartedly, especially Jaehyun. 

They checked-out after Sungmin had changed Kyuhyun's plaster, after cleaning it and put medication gel onto his bruises. The bruise was still bad but better than last night as the swelling has subsided. 
They drove back to London, and Sungmin insisted to drive so that Kyuhyun could sleep as the medicines were drowsy. Kyuhyun was thankful that Sungmin could drive and volunteered to sit at the back so that Jaehyun could help Sungmin on the journey back. 

"Jae, if you still didn't get your international licence after we get back, I'll shoot you..." Kyuhyun told Jaehyun, while leaning back his head on the backseat. 

"Okay okay I will. It's just that it is so troublesome to go through two rounds of test and drive... " 

"Get it over and done with" Kyuhyun said dowsily. 

"Please go to sleep so that you don't recall what you said..." Jaehyun . 

"I can still recall, you dim-wit.." 
Kyuhyun told Jaehyun making Sungmin chuckled. In a way, Sungmin was happy that Kyuhyun was back to his normal self. 

"Is it difficult to convert to an international licence here in London?" Sungmin asked Jaehyun. 

"Not really, I just need to get above 80 percent scoreline for the written test and the driving. I guess the London government just want to reduce foreigners from being a transport drivers and give more jobs to the locals"

"Oh, thank God that I took up international driving licence back home, otherwise I'll be in the same shoes as you" Sungmin said while entering the highway. 

"Yup, and I've been delaying because I just scared that I might get less than 80% and have to retake the test again" Jaehyun said sadly.

"Just think that you have a good car now, and it's a waste if you didn't drive!" Sungmin told him while changing lane. He was thankful that the traffic was smooth and he reminded himself to look up for rest stop along the way. 

"Yeah, you are right! Okay I will apply to take the test!" Jaehyun said with determination. 

They heard soft clapping sound at the backseat and Jaehyun turned his head. "Can you mind your own business and sleep??" Jaehyun chided him jokingly. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "I'm minding my own business..." he said dowsily. How could he sleep if he was worried because Sungmin was driving? Though he was happy and proud that Sungmin was brave enough to drive, he still couldn't stop worrying about him. 

He still recalled how angry he was last night when that guy wanted to pull Sungmin. How rude! And of all people, it was Sungmin! His own boyfriend! It took them 7 years to be together again, so of course he would protect what's his! 

But what if it happened again next time at other places? He couldn't be there and protect Sungmin all the time because they would be away during working time. What would he do then? Though he was sure Sungmin could protect himself but he would be worried nonetheless. 

He sighed and took a deep breath. He couldn't sleep eventhough he felt drowsy. The two guys in front kept talking but he wasn't listening anymore. He started thinking and suddenly thought of a couple ring! Yes, why not??! He should get a couple rings for Sungmin and himself! Why didn't he thought of it!! If Sungmin wore a ring, people would automatically knew that he's taken and would not approached him in a romantic way!! 

Kyuhyun smile to himself. He would get the couple rings and gave him as his birthday present. For Christmas, he had already bought cross-body LV bag for Sungmin so that he could use it to go to work. He got a bag for Jaehyun too. 

Since he was on MC and Sungmin would be starting his work, he got plenty of time to look around for couple rings. He took out his phone started to browse. He saved some websites and maybe he would show and discussed it with Jae before buying. 

Kyuhyun was now fully awake and looked around to determine which part of the highway they were at. 

"Min, there's a rest stop about 2 kilometres away. Take the left lane whenever you can from here..." Kyuhyun told Sungmin. 

Both Jaehyun and Sungmin were surprised when they heard Kyuhyun's voice. Sungmin glanced at the rear view mirror and Jaehyu turned back. 

"I thought you were sleeping because we heard that you were snoring!" Jaehyun told him with disbelief. 

"What? I wasn't snoring!" Kyuhyun said confusedly. 

"You were, we both heard it" Jaehyun told him. 

"I wasn't! I was awake all along!" Kyuhyun said stubbornly. 

"Sungmin, we should have recorded his snoring..." Jaehyun told Sungmin while shaking his head. 

Sungmin chuckled while signalling to change to the left lane. "Kyu, I heard it too. I was happy that you could have some sleep" 

Kyuhyun was confused. Wasn't he awake all these while and was thinking about Sungmin? Did he fall asleep in between? He couldn't remember. He must be so drowsy until he didn't know whether he was thinking in his sleep or he was thinking while he was awake...? 

He scratched his heard while Sungmin entered to the exit side-road to go to the rest area. He took out his phone and checked the saved websites about the couple rings. But there wasn't any!! "Ohmygod, I was really sleeping when I was thinking about the couple rings!!" Kyuhyun scolded himself. 

He shook his head! He was even worrying about Sungmin in his sleep!!