Advances

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

The whole of southern Great Britain was hit with a strong gust of cold wind and the London Eye was no exception. Due to the strong cold wind, the whole London Eye temporarily stopped functioning.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our apologies, we are trying to get the London Eye moving again so that you all can exit safely. Please bear with us, and do sit down and hold tight to the seat. Thank you for your kind understanding"

"Ohmygod, why is this happening..." Kyuhyun rubbed his temple.

"I'm sure they will rectify this issue soon, Kyu. Don't panic..." Sungmin tried to ease his worry.

"I'm worried about us. We are at the top most capsule. Jae also. We'll be the worst hit if another gust of wind shook the whole structure" Kyuhyun said worriedly. 

"Let's pray and stay calm, okay..." Sungmin said calmly. He held Kyuhyun's hand and initiate the praying. 

It helped to calm Kyuhyun a lot. He was only worried for Sungmin actually, that they just had their happy moment, then this happened. His birthday should not be like this, it should be a happy situation. And to add matters worst, he won't be around for Sungmin's actual birthday!

It was 20 minutes later that London Eye started moving again. Everyone was clapping, and the loud clapping could even be heard from other capsules as well. Everybody was happy that they could be on safe ground soon.

Kyuhyun held on to Sungmin till they reached ground level, and they looked up to see Jaehyun's capsule. 

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin as he guided him into the waiting area in the building, to wait for Jaehyun. 

"I'm okay. Maybe because I know I'm save with you" Sungmin smile at him. 

Kyuhyun smile, and he wished that they were alone, so that he could kiss him. But dream on, because Jaehyun approaching them. 

"Wow!! That was scary!!" Jaehyun told them as he joined them. 

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked him with concern. 

"Shaken, but otherwise still in one piece!" he laughed. "Anyway, I hope the typhoon didn't damaged our city" 

"I don't think it was a typhoon. More like extremely strong gust of cold wind and I think it hit London Eye because of the height, and the open space along River Thames. I don't think the whole city is affected so much" Kyuhyun told them his views, and gestured for them to leave. 

"I hope so too. But I saw some boats got toppled, from my capsule while we were up there" Jaehyun said. He hope that nobody would be hurt. 

"Let's get out of here" Kyuhyun held Sungmin's elbow and gestured to Jaehyun to exit the main London Eye building. 

As Kyuhyun drove out, he the car radio to hear the news. They saw messy streets, toppled bins along Parliament House, slanted post boxes near Big Ben, lots of newspapers scattered on the streets, and toppled pots along the foot paths towards Westminster Abbey. The news have yet to mention about any casualties. 

Jaehyun got a call and he quickly took out his phone. "Hello? Ohh yes that's me, yes I did make a reservation. Ohh really? Ahhh I see, that's so unfortunate. Hmmm... very well then, thank you for informing me. Good day, ma'am". 

"What happen?" Kyuhyun glanced at him through his rear view mirror.  Sungmin glanced at Jaehyun too. 

"That was from Fortnum & Mason.." Jaehyun told him. 

"Who is Fortnum & Mason?" Sungmin asked curiously. 

Jaehyun chuckled "It's not a person my dear Sungmin. It's a popular place for high tea...." 

"Ohhh.... so what about it?" Sungmin asked, shifting slightly so that he could turn back to look at Jaehyun. 

"Part of their front window was smashed by a fallen tree, so they have to close the restaurant and cancel all reservations. They will give us 10% discount if we re-book again within one month" Jaehyun told them. 

Kyuhyun glanced at the two guys 
"Ohhhh..." he said taking a deep breath. What a day. Seemed like everything went wrong! "Errrr... shall we pack dinner then? Or do you want to find other places to dine in?" 

"Let's pack back? I think it's safer to eat at home .." Sungmin suggested, in case another wave of cold wind hit the city again. 

"Yeah, let's do that.  It's scary what the weather will do, and my God, it's winter!! Not summer where we have strong winds!" Jaehyun commented. 

"My thoughts exactly! Usually we have strong winds and heavy rain during summer, but well, nobody can predict the weather nowadays" Kyuhyun said while turning to Strutton Ground, and stop outside Ichi Riki Sushi House. "Japanese, okay guys?" 

"Yup, okay" Jaehyun said. "Kyu, you stay here. Sungmin, let's go" Jaehyun tapped Sungmin's shoulder. 

Sungmin automatically unbuckled and smile at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun sighed because he wanted to take this opportunity to kiss him if they were left in the car, but.... "Haiz, it's all Jae's fault..." he said loudly, watching the two guys went into the  restaurant. 

Kyuhyun his ring and smile. They were finally an official couple as far as they were concern. All the sadness that he felt over the years were patched with rays of happiness and he hope that it stays like that. He wanted Sungmin to be with him forever. 

He didn't want to pressure Sungmin to move to the next level yet, which was to be more intimate. Sungmin was still in the midst of adjusting himself with London's life, so he should take it slow, right? There was no hurry and nothing to worry about, because Sungmin was now here with him in London.... Kyuhyun reminded himself. 

The two guys came back with their lunch, and Kyuhyun started to drive off once they had buckled up. 

"What time is your Eurostar train again?" Jaehyun asked Kyuhyun. 

"3pm tomorrow" Kyuhyun said, and then glanced at Sungmin "Ohh I forgot that you are working tomorrow, else you can drive me to St Pancras Station..." Kyuhyun said. 

"I would love to, Kyu, but I don't think I can apply leave. It's year end and the store is usually crowded..." Sungmin said regrettably. 

"It's okay, Min, don't worry about it" Kyuhyun reached over to squeeze his hand. 

"Shall we visit Paris when Sungmin is able to apply leave? I missed Paris!!" Jaehyun asked them. 

"I was thinking of that too, and we should rent a car and drive to Colmar. Lovely place!" kyuhyun smile. 

"Where is Colmar? Isit near to Paris?" Sungmin asked. 

"About 4 hours drive. It's near to Germany's border actually, and they have fine collection of wine and if we visit their grapeyard, they even allow us to taste their wine for free!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Yes Sungmin, and the place is so beautiful. The houses are all so unique! Really beautiful place!" Jaehyun leaned forward and put his head in between the front seats. 

"My supervisor told me that after my 3 months probation, they will confirm me, and I will be given 14 days of leave. So maybe we go in April?" Sungmin suggested. 

"Oh that's great, Min!" Kyuhyun smile at him, and then glanced at Jaehyun who's head was just next to him "Jae, how about Easter weekend? I remember it's a holiday on Friday and Monday. So we only need to take Thursday and the following Tuesday" Kyuhyun asked him. 

"Yibidoobidoo! Yes! Easter weekend we'll go to Paris and Colmar!!!" Jaehyun say out loud excitedly. 

"Min, why do we have a kid here with us....?" Kyuhyun playfully face-palm himself. 

Sungmin laughed, and laughed loudly when Jaehyun punched Kyuhyun's shoulder. "Jae... I should be the one screaming with excitement as I've never been there!" he laughed at Jaehyun. 

"But I love going on a vacation!!" Jaehyun laughed too and smacked Kyuhyun's shoulder again. 

They reached home and Jaehyun re-planned Sungmin's birthday celebrations with home activities. They enjoyed singing karaoke and played board games and the losing person has to clean the dishes, which of course was Jaehyun! Kyuhyun laughed and was chased around the house! 

On 30th Dec, Kyuhyun went with his colleagues to Paris. Though sad that they couldn't celebrate the new year with their love ones, but having each other's company wasn't that bad. They jokes and were the most roudy group in that Eurostar cabin. 

Sungmin hide his sadness when he left for work that morning and teared when Kyuhyun hugged him. This was the first time that he wanted to celebrate his birthday with Kyuhyun after 7 years, but it couldn't be help. He was already thankful that Kyuhyun and Jaehyun did a pre-celebration for him and he got a couple ring from Kyuhyun. That means that Kyuhyun has already truly forgiven him and was ready to move forward with him. 

He would surely miss Kyuhyun when the man was away in Paris. He vowed that he would be independent and took care of himself now that Kyuhyun was not here to protect him. 

And he didn't dare to tell Jaehyun that his big boss, Mr Tae, was interested in him romantically.  He had barely managed to hold Mr Tae's advances because there were other staff around, but these 2 days, 2 of the staff were on leave. 

Could Sungmin survive Mr Tae's advances? He himself didn't know and prayed that he could, now that he had reached his workplace, and he knew that Mr Tae would arrived anytime soon...