Eve of new year

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Sungmin woke up feeling a bit disoriented. His arm was sore and he wasn't in Kyuhyun's arm. Then he remembered what happened. He sighed and his injured arm.

It wasn't super painful, just very sore. He needed to prepare breakfast so that he could eat and take his painkillers.

"Oh yes, I need to inform Kyu of my injury. If he's here he would surely fuss over me..." he chuckled to himself.

He carefully wrapped his arm with a plastic, then took a shower. It wasn't easy as he could only use one hand, but he has to try.

After shower, he texted Kyuhyun to tell him what happened and that he was okay, so he don't have to worry.

Sungmin was preparing sandwiches when his phone rang. Of course, who else if it wasn't his worried boyfriend!

"Min!! How's your arm? Was it painful? Have you taken your medicines?" Kyuhyun said with a tinch of worry.

"Hi Kyu, I miss you too" Sungmin laughed.

"Min, I'm serious. How's your arm?"

"It's sore, but bearable. I'm preparing sandwiches so that I can eat and then take my medicines..."

"Where's Jae? He could have prepare it for you!"

"It's still early Kyu, let him sleep. It's eve of New Year and his Bank is closed today"

"He should be taking care of you"

"I'm fine Kyu, don't worry"

"I'm still worried, I can't help it"

"What are you planning to do today?"

"Why are you changing the topic...?"

"I said I'm fine, really. And we haven't made any plans today, except tonight, where we are going out to River Thames to see the fireworks"

"Just see from the live telecast on TV. You should rest at home"

"It's the first time for me to celebrate new year in London. I want to see the fireworks"

"Okayyy.... so sorry Min, I should be there with you..."

"Kyu, don't be sorry. Really, it's fine. Jae is a wonderful friend and he will take care of me. Once the fireworks are over, we'll head home"

"Okay okay love, please take care okay. Have you replace your bandage?"

"Not yet, later I will get Jae to help me"

"Wake him up...!"

"After I finish with the sandwiches!" Sungmin grinned. This man! "So, what are you planning to do today?"

"Shopping!" he laughed. "We are going to Rue Saint Honore and just walk and shop! The ladies will be stuck there for hours, I guess"

"Is it a shopping centre?"

"No, it's a long stretch of road, with all the famous brands store along both sides. You practically can get everything here, you know like Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Lauren, Feragamo, Prada, Mulberry, Longchamp...."

"Wow... can we go there next time?"

"Of course! Jae will be stuck there for hours, I tell you!" Kyuhyun laughed.

Sungmin laughed too. He also realised that Jaehyun liked branded stuff, and he got quite a collection of perfumes too.

"Ohh Kyu, if you see a card wallet, can you get it for me? It's easier to take out my Oyster card when I travel by bus or the subway rather than keep taking out from my wallet. I prefer the slim kind, but only if you see it okay?"

"I think i saw it in Mulberry before. Yes, sure Min, will be happy get it for you!"

"If you happen to see it, so don't go around hunting for it! And don't spend a bomb on it"

"Yes my love...." Kyuhyun chuckled.

"Okay, enjoy your day Kyu. Are you going for breakfast?"

"Yeah, going soon to our buffet breakfast. Waiting for my room mate, Sean, to finish showering"

"Alright, enjoy your breakfast!"

"You take care okay, and Min, happy advance birthday! I'll call you tonight to okay?"

"Thank you love. You take care too, and beware of pick pockets!"

"Yup yup. Okay, talk to you again!" Kyuhyun gave a 'kiss' sound and Sungmin laughed and off his phone.

He finished up the sandwiches and heard that Jaehyun went in to shower. The good thing about this apartment is each room has it's own ensuite bathroom and there is one small toilet for common use too, in this kitchen. 

He was brewing coffee when Jaehyun came out, all fresh and cleanly shaven. 

"Good morning!! Happy advance birthday!!" Jaehyun greeted him cheerfully. 

"Morning! Kyuhyun called just now! They are going shopping at Rue...." Sungmin was trying to pronounce the road name. 

"Rue Saint Honore" Jaehyun laughed. "So he's going there?" 

"Yeah so I asked him if he happento see a card wallet, to get one for me, to put my Oyster card" 

"I want to ask him to get me something too!!" Jaehyun said excitedly, while grabbing his phone. It ping at the same time, and Jaehyun checked his message. 

"Idiot! That annoying man send us photo of him eating French croissant!! My favourite! He purposely making me drool!!" Jaehyun complained. 

Sungmin checked his phone too and laughed. Kyuhyun texted after the photo "Jae, don't drool" and put laughing emoticons! 

Jaehyun dialed Kyuhyun's number and put his phone on speaker and scolded him "You idiot! You purposely sent that photo!" 

"What did I do? So.... are you drooling now... ??" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"It's okay, I have very delicious sandwiches made by Sungmin here" Jaehyun munched and smiling at Sungmin, who was giggling. 

"Yeah right and you didn't even help the injured man!" 

"I will help to wash the dishes later okayyy?!!" 

"So... why are you disturbing my yummy breakfast??" 

"Can you buy for me a Mulberry's winter collection sling bag? I can send you the picture" 

"You already has 3 Mulberry sling bags!" 

"Yes but this winter collection is very nice! It has the word Mulberry all over the strap! Really cool! Please Kyu....." 

"Okay okay...!! Anything else?? Perfume??" 

"Yes!! YSL L'Homme. Mine is finishing" Jaehyun laughed. 

"Idiot.  Okay. Bye.." and he added with a sweet voice "Bye Min..." 

"Bye Kyu" Sungmin said out loud near Jaehyun's phone. 

"Bye idiot" Jaehyun laughed and off his phone. 

"You two..." Sungmin laughed. 

Jaehyun laughed too. "We are like that. He always nag at me... but he is always there for me" 

"I know. You two are really something, really brothers for life!"

Jaehyun laughed and selected one picture to send to Kyuhyun. He thanked him and added "don't forget my YSL perfume and get Bleu De Chanel perfume for Sungmin. He will love the smell!!" and he clicked sent. 

Kyuhyun replied with an emoticon showing it's tongue, and Jaehyun chuckled, and off his phone. 

Jaehyun turned to Sungmin and saw that he was taking his medicines. "Are those drowsy?" 

Sungmin swallowed and looked up "No, the morning ones are not, only those for nights are drowsy" Sungmin pointed to another 3 packets of medicines. 

"Want to go to Borough Market? They have special discount for all items on eve of new year!" Jaehyun told him. 

"Really?!! Woww! Yeah let's go!! Ohhh no wonder you ask whether the meds are drowsy, because I need to drive!!" Sungmin laughed. 

"Yeah haha!" Jaehyun laughed too. "I changed your bandaged then we can go?" 

"Okay let me get the Antiseptic cream and a new bandage" Sungmin got up and brought his plate and mug to the sink, and washed his hands. 

"Sungmin, leave the plate and your mug there, I'll do the washing!!" Jaehyun told him and quickly got up to walk to the sink. "You go and take the bandage" he urged him to go. 

"You don't have to follow what Kyu asked...." Sungmin grinned at him. 

"No, really, I'll do the washing!" Jaehyun literally turned him around to get him to move. 

"Okay okay...!!" Sungmin laughed. 

So after washing the dishes and changed Sungmin's bandage, they changed to something warmer and grabbed their winter jacket, and headed out to Borough Market. 

It was a lovely cold morning and Borough Market was crowded. Sungmin managed to get a parking slot, thanked to a family car who just drove off. 

"It's cold but the air is very fresh!" Sungmin put his gloved hands in his pockets. He could feel the cold air piercing through his face. He has been here once with them and he like the fresh produce sold here. They walked towards the local fruits and vegetables produce area first. 

"Look at those strawberries!! My mouth watered already!!" Jaehyun pointed at a strawberry booth. 

"Let's try first. If it's sweet, we get a box!" Sungmin pulled Jaehyun to the corner of the stall where a lady was letting customers try some cut strawberries. 

"Hello there!! Would you like to try?" she offered them a toothpick each. "It's from our farm and we picked them up early this morning!" 

"Wow, no wonder they are so fresh!" Jaehyun said in English. It was sweet, crunchy and juicy. 

"Shall we get 2 packs? I think I can finish one pack by myself" Sungmin laughed, looking at Jaehyun. 

Jaehyun laughed "Okay one pack each, and none for Kyuhyun!" He laughed. 

"Don't think so it can last till he's back. Won't be fresh by then" Sungmin grinned. 

"You are absolutely right!" he nodded, and turned to the lady "We'll take 2 packs" 

"Are you two Koreans? Wow, I am a K-drama fan!!" she grinned, while taking 2 packs and put them in a plastic carrier. 

"That’s nice! We didn't know kdrama is popular here too!" Sungmin told her. He could speak English relatively well now and could speak more confidently. 

Jaehyun paid her and she took a smaller pack and gave them. "This is for you! My parents normally pack extra" she grinned. "Can I take a photo with the two of you?" 

"Ohhh sure" Jaehyun looked at Sungmin with an amused expression and both of them obliged and stood nearer to her for a selfie. 

"Thank you so much!! Happy New year to both of you and please come again!!!" she told them happily. 

"Happy New Year!! And thank you for the extra pack!!" Sungmin bowed and waved. Jaehyun bowed too and waved at her. 

"Sungmin, if you tell her that it's your birthday tomorrow, I'm sure she will give you another pack free!!" Jaehyun whispered at him and both of them laughed. 

"I think if Kyu is here, she will drool and maybe ask for his signature!" Sungmin joked and laughed because his boyfriend has always been a centre of attraction to London girls because of his height and good looks. 

Jaehyun burst into laughter and he high-five with Sungmin because he agreed whole-heartedly! 

"Let's get some beef and bacon?" Sungmin said and pointed to the meat area. 

"Let's go" Jaehyun held Sungmin's elbow and they moved towards the meat section. 

They bought not only beef and bacon, but mutton and chicken too! After they bought vegetables, their hands were so full! Jaehyun carried most of the items as he didn't want Sungmin to carry anything on his injured hand. 

They put all items in their car and walked back to one of the cafe at the market, to eat lunch. 

They got a table and Jaehyun ordered their food.  He ordered Turkish food so that Sungmin could try kebabs, turkish bread, olives and their delicious dips. 

While they were eating, 2 ladies came over and asked if they could share their table. 

Sungmin looked up and turned to Jaehyun, and gestured for the two ladies to sit. 

Jaehyun said softly to him in Korean "Aishhh Sungmin, you are so popular, and these English women just couldn't resist you!" 

"What me??!! It's you! You are tall and handsome, just like Kyu! They must have followed you and come here" Sungmin laughed at him. 

The two ladies squeal happily because the two men were talking in Korean and they looked so cute! 

"Are you two from a Korean boyband group?" one of the ladies was asking with interest. 

"No, no, we are not" Jaehyun shook his head with amusement. "We are just ordinary people" he chuckled. 

"Anyway, you two look so handsome, like kpop members or kdrama actors!! Can we take a photo with you two??" the other lady asked them, still squealing with delight.

Jaehyun face-palm himself. "What's with these ladies today? We've been here a lot of times and never encounter request like today!" he said to himself and turned to Sungmin, who raised his eyebrows at him. 

"Ermmm we are eating lunch, but, ermm, sure, we can take photos with you" Jaehyun tried not to sound too sarcastic. 

The two ladies squeal again and quickly stood up and pulled their chairs nearer. Jaehyun asked for one of their phone as his arm was longer, so that he would be the one taking the selfie. 

After that, Sungmin whispered to Jaehyun to eat faster so that they could go off. They finished up their food, drank their Turkish tea, and Jaehyun returned their plates to the stall. 

Sungmin took Jaehyun's sling bag and once he came back to their table, they gave a slight bow at the two ladies and smile and waved goodbye. 

The two ladies squeal again happily and waved goodbye at them. 

"I hope they didn't follow us!!" Jaehyun said, glancing towards their back. 

"I hope they don't, too. Let's go through the meat area so that even if they follow us, they will lose us!" Sungmin suggested. 

"I think because it's eve of new year, so, many youngster go out to have meals outside" Jaehyun said aloud. 

"Maybe..." Sungmin said and pulled Jaehyun away from the strawberry booth in case the lady saw them again!

"Phew!! Let's get out of here!!" Jaehyun laughed and they started walking faster towards their car. 

They laughed once they reached their car and got in! What a day!! "It must be you, Sungmin, really!" Jaehyun . 

"No, it's you!" and Sungmin playfully punched Jaehyun and both of them laughed again as Sungmin started to drive off. 

To Sungmin, it was really an interesting day for him. In a way, he felt proud that Korean dramas were watched widely by so many countries World wide. 

He couldn't wait for tonight to see the fireworks! His very first fireworks in London and the first time he would be celebrating his birthday away from his parents. He never regret coming to London and he strive to be better and successful like Kyuhyun and Jaehyun!