Buying couple rings

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

At the rest area, Jaehyun kept teasing Kyuhyun. "You know Sungmin, usually if Kyuhyun is sleeping yet he thought he wasn't, that's because he was thinking of something so deeply.  So maybe he was too worried because you were driving!!" Jaehyun said, nailing right in the spot! He just knew Kyuhyun too well. 

Kyuhyun threw his serviette at him "don't talk nonsense..." 

"Am I right? I know you too well, Kyu. Admit it!" Jaehyun pressed on. 

"Kyu, I'm a careful driver, don't worry. I might not be familiar with the road here, but I'm okay so far" Sungmin told him, smiling. 

"I just can't help it, I guess..." Kyuhyun said in a low voice. 

"So, I was right!!" Jaehyun laughed. 

And they were laughing because Kyuhyun got up and playfully strangle Jaehyun by the neck. They had a fun time at the rest area, and when Kyuhyun complained that his cheek hurts, Sungmin quickly took out his medicines and got a warm water for him from the drinks counter. 

On Monday, Sungmin started work, and since Kyuhyun was on medical leave, he sent both Jaehyun and Sungmin to work.  As it was still early for Sungmin, they decided to go for breakfast. 

"Min, part of the job is for you to update their online catalogue, so you really need to familiarise yourself with their products. And think out of the box when you update their website..." Kyuhyun advised Sungmin. 

"What do you mean, out of the box? Means be creative to catch customer's attention?" Sungmin asked inquisitively. 

"Yes, and I've surfed their website before, and it was quite plain. So maybe you replace with pictures that you take, capture the product well, and give a more creative description" Kyuhyun suggested and took out his phone to show Sungmin the current website and other website. Sungmin nodded and was very appreciative of Kyuhyun's advice. 

"Other than the website, I still need to help with the shop, but I hope that I can communicate well in English" Sungmin said with a worried look. 

"Just be confident with yourself and if you are not sure, ask the other staff. You can do it, Min" Kyuhyun gave an encouragement squeeze of his hand. 

"Thank you love. I owe you and Jaehyun a lot and I'm so thankful to both of you" Sungmin said honestly. 

"Don't mention it and it's my pleasure" Kyuhyun looked at his, watch "Okay you better go, else you'll be late" Kyuhyun finished up his coffee and cleared their table. 

Sungmin marvelled at both Jaehyun's and Kyuhyun's always-on-time attitude and their serious work commitments. No wonder they could climb the career ladder eventhough they are Asians. 

Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin's shoulder at the corner before the Korean shop. "I pick you up after your working hours okay? I text you. Fighting Min!" he smile at Sungmin. 

"Bye Kyu! See you later!" Sungmin waved and walked towards the shop entrance. He turned back at Kyuhyun and waved again. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and did a small prayer that Sungmin would be alright. He texted Jaehyun to tell him that Sungmin went into the shop already to start his work.

Jaehyun gave a thumbs up emoticon and said that he would get feedback on Sungmin from Mr Tae, maybe in a month's time. 

Kyuhyun went home to do some work, clean their home, took his laptop and login to his office email to clear some urgent emails, and then did some research on where to get couple rings. He was looking for silver, preferably for both male, or at least not so feminine. There were a few good jewellery shops, but what attracted his attention was Tiffany & Co. 

He liked the plain silver with one small diamond in the middle, which didn't look too feminine. The other set was all silver with some small designs at the top and bottom, all around the ring. 

He called the outlet at Old Bond Street to enquire about the couple ring set. After describing the ring that he wanted, the salesperson knew which set Kyuhyun was referring to. 

"Yes sir, we can custom made to match the design for ring B. So for ring B, you still want the small diamond?" 

"Yes, I still want that small diamond, just that I want to match the design from ring A" Kyuhyun told him. 

"No problem sir. Would you like to come down to our store so that we can take your ring measurement?" 

"Alright I will. I'll be there at 3pm?" Kyuhyun looked at his watch.

"That will be great, sir. And would you have your other half's ring size too?" 

"I don't, but I know roughly the size" Kyuhyun said smiling. Of course he could gauge Sungmin ring size because he has been holding his hand all these while. Though Sungmin was smaller in size, but he has cute chubby fingers, so his ring finger actually match Kyuhyun’s last finger. 

"Alright, I see you at 3pm sir. Have a good day!" 

Kyuhyun smile and off his phone. He checked the desk calendar to count whether he has sufficient time to get the rings ready before Sungmin's birthday on 1st January. 

"Should be sufficient time" Kyuhyun nodded, smiling to himself. The ring would mark another phase in their relationship, which meant that they would really be a couple. 

A year ago, he never thought that Sungmin would come back into his life. He has been drowning in sorrow whenever autumn came because that was when Sungmin told him that he wanted to break off because he was getting married, 7 years ago. Autumn has been his sad months and as the season crept to winter and then to 1st January, Kyuhyun has been wallowing in sorrow all these years. 

But not this year. 

He thanked God for bringing Sungmin back to him and made him happy again. He just hope that they could be together forever until their old age. 

After Tiffany & Co at Old Bond Street, Kyuhyun went to a cafe nearby to have his late lunch. He needed to fetch Jaehyun in one and a half hour's time, then they would drive together to fetch Sungmin at Oseyo TCR, at Tottenham Court Road.

"I've ordered a couple rings from Tiffany & Co at Old Bond Street" Kyuhyun smile sheepishly at Jaehyun. 

"Wow, that's great man!! Way to go, Kyu!!!" Jaehyun patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. They had parked their car about 100 metres away from Oseyo supermarket to wait for Sungmin. 

"I'll give him during his birthday" Kyuhyun smile. 

"Very appropriate I would say. It marks a milestone of your relationship! You got a picture of the rings?" Jaehyun asked curiously. 

"Not going to show to you! It's meant for Sungmin. I want him to see it first!" Kyuhyun laughingly told him. He actually meant it as a joke. Of course he can show Jaehyun. He has been a brother to him. 

"Tsk... so secretive... don't friend you..." Jaehyun feign irritation mood and turned to face the window. 

Kyuhyun laughed and send the photo to Jaehyun's handphone. "There, I've send it, go and take a look!" 

Jaehyun turned around and laughed. He took out his phone and clicked open Kyuhyun's message. "Wow!! This is nice!! Heyy, you should engrave your names. Maybe at the inside?" Jaehyun suggested. 

"I don't know if Tiffany would do engraving..." Kyuhyun wondered. Frankly speaking, he had thought of it, but he thought it would be too mushy to engrave their names. 

"Call them tomorrow and ask. If they don't have the service, I know a shop who do engraving for silver jewellery. It's near to my office" Jaehyun told him. 

"Will be too mushy-mushy to have our names engraved?" Kyuhyun said, half to himself. 

"No, it would give you a sense of belonging. Of course your ring should have Sungmin's name and his ring should have your name, you dimwit!" Jaehyun laughed at him. Somehow he really need to teach Kyuhyun a lot of things about relationships. This guy... Jaehyun sighed to himself. 

Okay okay, I'll call up the outlet tomorrow. Thanks Jae!" Kyuhyun smile appreciatively. 

"What would you do without me...." Jaehyun teasingly shook his head.

"Get lost..." Kyuhyun playfully pushed him. 

They both laughed. Jaehyun put his bag at the backseat as he would be moving to the back once Sungmin came over, to give the two of them some space, though he knew both Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn't mind even if Sungmin sat at the backseat. But he should give way, shouldn't he? 

There were a lot of Korean students walking towards the train station and the whole place was suddenly became crowded. The Korean international school was somewhere near Oseyo and the location of the supermarket was very appropriate since a lot of the students would drop by. 

It was 6.30pm and Sungmin should be out soon. The area was still crowded as more workers started going home. 

"I can't see Sungmin, maybe he wasn't out yet" Jaehyun said, scanning the area. 

"There he is..." Kyuhyun said, pointing to a figure at the far corner from their car. 

"How come you can always easily spotted him??" Jaehyun wondered aloud. He started to move out from the front seat and went in to the backseat. 

Kyuhyun smile. Of course he can spot Sungmin easily. In any crowd, even if it's a crowd of thousands, he could only see Sungmin....