Still in love

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you


"Good morning!! Have you been waiting long?" Kyuhyun greated Sungmin and gestured him to go up the short escalator into the shopping centre. 

"Good morning. Not really. I just arrived about 5 minutes ago. So, this side of Victoria Station has a shopping centre attached to it?" Sungmin asked while they were going up the short escalator. 

"Yeah, it's convenient here. We normally get our daily stuff here in Sainsbury" Kyuhyun said, pointing to Sainsbury on their right. 

Sungmin noted Kyuhyun mentioned "we". That means Kyuhyun is staying with somebody. Somehow Sungmin felt disappointed, but he needed to mask his feelings.

After some distance, Kyuhyun led them up another escalator to 2nd floor. He told Sungmin there were several cafes here, and that he loved the coffee at Costa.

"Is Costa okay with you? Do you want to see the menu first?" Kyuhyun asked him.

"No need, I trust your taste! We sit here then"

"Ok, wait here, I order our breakfast" and Kyuhyun went to the counter. He didn't need to ask what Sungmin wanted for his breakfast because he knew.  All these years, whenever he see the drinks menu and saw caramel machiato, his mind would drifted back to Sungmin, automatically, replaying in his mind. Even the food that Sungmin likes. All safely stored in his memory's folder called My Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun brought over a tray, then went to the counter again to collect another tray. Sungmin took the tuna melt, club sandwiches, strawberry cake and apple crumble out of the tray, just in time when Kyuhyun came back with another tray with their drinks.

Sungmin smile because Kyuhyun remembered all his favourites. "Kyu, thank you for remembering what I like".

Kyuhyun smile and put aside the two empty trays. "I hope I still got them right?"

"Yes, you absolutely got them right" Sungmin smile. In his heart, he was jubilant that Kyuhyun remembered everything that he likes. 

"Well, maybe I remembered because you like sweet things. Jae is different, he likes plain croissants, french toast or banquette with ham and butter"

So, Kyuhyun's somebody is called Jae, Sungmin said to himself. "Jae..?" he asked Kyuhyun, albeit casually.

"You remember Jaehyun? My uni friend?"

"Ohh yes, the skinny and tall guy, with curly hair"

"Yup, we migrated to London together and have been housemate and close friends ever since"

"I see" though Sungmin wanted to ask more, like whether is he in a relationship with Jaehyun? But he refrained from asking since it wasn't really appropriate to dwelve into Kyuhyun's personal life right now.

They talked on random things and Kyuhyun asked more about Sungmin himself, like what he was he doing now and how was Seoul in general. Sungmin worked at Tourism Korea as a photographer after he left his father's company, and left home, and that he was now staying on his own, in Seoul. Kyuhyun noted all these down and smilingly told himself that Sungmin was really single now, no other commitments.

After breakfast, Kyuhyun brought Sungmin around London, and he let Sungmin used his Oyster card whereas he himself tapped in the Underground gantry using his mobile phone's  contactless MasterCard. They went to Parliament House where Kyuhyun pointed to Sungmin the famous Big Ben, then brought him to walk along the bridge crossing River Thames, went up London Eye, went to Tower Bridge, went to Harrods, and went to Hard Rock Cafe at Old Park Lane.

When they were in a train, Kyuhyun received Jaehyun's text that he has to join his  department's dinner because one of the senior manager has decided to retire. Kyuhyun replied "ok enjoy your 'forced-to-entertain -the-seniors dinner'..." and put in 3 laughing emoticons" he laughed  and clicked sent. 

Jaehyun texted back "Yeah yeah. I'm giving you chance to have dinner with him.. enjoy!!" and he put 2 winks and 4 laughing emoticons!  Kyuhyun chuckled and put back his phone in his pocket. 

Kyuhyun looked happy with Jaehyun, Sungmin thought sadly. 

They decided to packed dinner as most places were crowded, being Friday night.

"I send you back to your hotel" Kyuhyun said after they had buy their dinner. "Do you want to go to Harry Potter Studio Tour tomorrow? I can book the tickets. The coach is at the ground floor of my apartment building".

"Oh yes yes please!! I love Harry Potter!!"

"Okay, it's set then. Let me book the tickets now" Kyuhyun said, holding their dinner carrier in one hand and holding his phone on the other hand.

"Kyu, let me carry the dinner carrier. You go ahead and book the tickets. Let me know how much I need to pay you, okay" Sungmin gestured for Kyuhyun to pass to him the dinner carrier.

Kyuhyun obliged and passed over the carrier, and their hands touched each other. Both of them could feel the electricity flow. Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin but quickly looked down at his phone to do the bookings. "Okayyyy, done, tomorrow at 10am. The place is the opposite from where you waited for me this morning".

"Ahhh okay, cool. Thanks Kyu. How much is the entrance ticket?"

"We can calculate later" Kyuhyun smile.

When they reached Sungmin's hotel room, he asked Kyuhyun nervously "Ermm... do you want to have your dinner here? There's a table in my room".

Kyuhyun hesitated for a while, and when Sungmin felt like his heart was going to drop to the floor, Kyuhyun said "Okay, let's eat here" and Sungmin thought that he had heard wrongly. He looked blank for a while, then he smile happily and quickly opened his door with his card key.

"Come in Kyu"

"Thank you" Kyuhyun said and looked inwards "Wow, the room is big" he said while removing his shoes and put on the bedroom slippers. He placed the carrier on the table and took out their dinner and put them on the table. 

"Yeah I was surprised too that it was quite spacious" Sungmin said while putting down his sling bag on his bed and washed his hand. He boiled water and washed 2 cups in the bathroom sink. "Kyu, you can wash your hands in the bathroom".

Kyuhyun nodded and went to the bathroom. It smells of Sungmin's fragrance which still lingered even after the room was cleaned. When he stepped out of the bathroom, the electric kettle whistle and he off it. "Wow the hotel have quite a good tray of beverages" Kyuhyun said when he noticed the tray of beverages next to the electric kettle.

Sungmin came over "Yes! I make for you coffee?"

"Okay thanks. Just one pack of brown sugar will do"

"I know..." Sungmin subconsciously say out. He only realised what he said when Kyuhyun glanced at him.

They sat and ate their dinner. It was from Cyprus Mangal, as recommended by Kyuhyun.

"Ohmygod, this steak is super nice!!!!" Sungmin cut another slice of the steak and used the fork to push it into his mouth, but the portion was quite wide, so he stained the sides of his mouth 
with the steak sauce.

Kyuhyun took a serviette and gently wipe Sungmin's mouth. 

Sungmin stopped chewing and stared at him with surprise. He recovered, and slowly swallowed whatever was in his mouth to cover up his surprised.

Kyuhyun was stunned too, and before he could stop himself, he reached over and held Sungmin's chin and kissed him! Finally realising what he has done, Kyuhyun stopped kissing and looked straight into Sungmin's eyes. Sungmin smile and pulled him and they started kissing again.

After a while, Kyuhyun said "I'm sorry, I must have...."

"No, don't apologise. I missed you badly and having you kissing me now is the best thing that happened in my life for such a long time" Sungmin said, but then he looked down... "Kyu, I know that you have somebody now, so I..."

"I... don't have anybody..."

"I thought you are with Jaehyun....? 

"Jae? We are housemate and good friends"

"You two are not in a relationship?"

Kyuhyun chuckled "No..."

"But..."

"No, we are not in a relationship. We treat each other as brothers, and we respect each other"

"So you..." Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun questioningly, unable to continue what he wanted to say. 

"still single and still in love with you even after all these years... "

Sungmin was so touched with Kyuhyun's confession that he started tearing. He cried, and sob and sob, and in the end, Kyuhyun pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly. Sungmin cried louder to pour out his pain all these years, making Kyuhyun realised that not only was he in pain, but Sungmin was in pain too. Kyuhyun's tears started to flow down unconsciously and when Sungmin cried slowly subsided, he slowly let him go and took tissues to wipe Sungmin's tears.

Sungmin smile, muttering "I'm sorry" and wipe his own tears and blew his nose. Kyuhyun took some tissues to wipe his own tears. They looked at each other's flushed face and chuckled.

"Ohhh Kyu, thank you for still keeping me in your heart and loving me throughout these years. My feelings for you had never changed too, even during my married years. You have always been in my heart" Sungmin poured out his heart and fresh tears started flowing again.

Kyuhyun wipe his tears again and kissed him. Then he said "I think we better finished our dinner... It has been starring at us.. " he said, smiling gently at Sungmin, and chuckled when Sungmin burst out laughing.

They were drinking coffee after their dinner and Kyuhyun was replying Jaehyun's text. 

"You two are very close..." Sungmin said, admiring their closeness, by the fond look on Kyuhyun's face when he read Jaehyun's messages. 

"Mmmmmm.." Kyuhyun replied simply while typing something. He looked up at Sungmin and smile "he texted me because he's bored" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Will we ever be close again...?" Sungmin muttered softly, looking down on his fingers. 

Kyuhyun put down his phone and took a deep breath. "Min, I'm not sure if it's wise to start a relationship again, now that you are in Seoul and I'm in London" he reached out to hold Sungmin's hands. "Now that we both know how we feels, so what's next? I can't be expecting you to migrate here and stay with me, and I'm not going back to stay in Seoul to be with you"

"I know..." 

"What do you think is the best option for us? If you ask me, I just want you to be here, to be with me. But I can't be selfish..." 

Sungmin looked sad and didn't really know what he should do. Does it mean Kyuhyun didn't want him anymore....?

​​​​​​