Gleam

Seesaw

Gleam by Mamamoo

Sinb POV

I'm waiting anxiously in the living room now for Yerin to come to pick me up. The members all went to the other dorm to give us privacy but it doesn't help my nerves. I check my phone for what seems like the hundredth time and she the same texts from Umji and Yoohyeon that are good luck wishes. I open my phone and go to my text with Yerin to ask when she's coming by. Right before I'm about to send it I hear a doorbell. I stand up and walk to the door when I open it Yerin is standing there with flowers in her hand.

"God... for a second I thought you were going to stand me up." I say sarcastically.

"I decided last minute to buy you flowers but I can throw them away if you don't want them." She jokes back.

"No... give them to me. Let's put them in a vase then start our date." I tell her while taking the flowers from her. I turn and walk towards the kitchen while she follows behind me. I feel her move in front of me as I put the flowers in the vase. I look up and she's in front of me now shining like a diamond. I blink my eyes to make sure this isn't a dream.

"Ready?" She smiles.

"Yes, where are we going?" I ask hoping she'll tell me.

"Nope... it's a surprise." She gives a dorky grin.

"Really...? Eunji texted me earlier saying she saw you." I tell her as we walk towards the door.

"Oh wow let's not talk about that. Glad to know I can't trust her though." She shakes her head.

"She didn't say what you talked about but she did mention you didn't know she was dating Chorong. How? Aren't you best friends with Hayoung?" I ask as she opened the car door for me.

"Hayoung never told me! Wait, how do you know?" I can't help but laugh as she looks so confused and cute. 

"I got her phone number when we went to her radio broadcast she texted me after it." I explain. 

"Everybody seems to know stuff I don't know." She fake groans. 

"If it makes you feel better you know where we're going for our date and I don't." I joke.

"Speaking of that we're here." She smiles. 

"The movies?" I look out of the window.

"Yep. Let's go I already have tickets." She pulls them out the show me. I grab one and look at it.

"A HORROR MOVIE!? ARE YOU CRAZY!?" I scream at her.

"Shhh... it'll be fun trust me. We will get closer." She says getting out of the car and opening my door for me to get out.

"Whatever..." I huff.

"Do you want to share a drink?" She asks once we're inside. I feel myself blush for no reason. She keeps moving my heart and I can't hide it. I simply nod to tell her yes. She grabs my hand and pulls me to stand in line. I feel myself looking around to see if anyone is looking surprised by her being so forward. 

"Hi! Can I get one large soda?" She asks the worker. 

"Here you go, ma'am." He hands us the drink. Yerin thanks him and guides us to the movie theater. 

"Let's sit in the back" I suggest. 

We sit at the back and watch trailers waiting for the movie to start. The theater was actually pretty empty only a few people at the front. When the lights dimmed Yerin turned towards me.

"I'm glad not too many people are here." She smiles.

"Why?"

"Because it allows me to do this." She leans forward to press a quick kiss on my cheek. 

"Ugh... you're so annoying." I act irritated but my smile exposes how much of an effect she has on me.

"And you're so cute. Let's watch the movie now." She turns back towards the screen. 

Halfway through the movie, I'm ready to kill her. Why would she pick a horror movie knowing I hate them. I'm trying so hard not to get scared but I can't help it. I nervously inch towards her seat hoping to find some comfort to closer I am to her. I look at the screen and find myself getting scared again. The sudden jump scare makes me jump in my seat and turn towards Yerin. She doesn't look at me but simply wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to her. With one hand around my shoulder, the other one finds my empty hand and intertwines our fingers. 

"It's almost over don't you want to see the end?" She whispers to me. I shake my head trying to get control of myself. I finally pull my eyes away from her and towards the screen. Surprisingly, I didn't seem to mind the movie anymore because I was too distracted by our closeness. I mindlessly start to play with her fingers.

"BOO!" Yerin shouts at me. I jump and hit her in reaction. 

"OUCH! That hurt..." She whines.

"You deserved it!" I respond. She looks at me still pouting. I roll my eyes and kiss where I had hit her. I used to hate how her smile could make my heart flutter but now as she stares back with dimples showing and eyes hidden I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

"Stop looking at me like that." She blushes and covers her face. 

"I can't help it." I feel myself smile back. My eyes fall down to her lips and I feel pulled to her. I place my hand on her cheek holding her still as I continue forward. The gap closes but we both stop with a centimeter left. Her breath hits my own lips. 

"Eunbi-" She whispers. I feel something snap in me and I close the gap completely pulling her to meet my lips. I feel my breath taken away as our lips move together in sync as if we've done this our whole life. Remembering where we were I reluctantly pull away and smile when she leans forward trying to follow my lips.

"We're in public unnie." I gently push her back to her seat. Her eyes finally open and she seems confused about what happened. We both turn to the screen trying to ignore our urges to continue what we started.  

"Do you know what's going on?" She turns to me after a few minutes.

"Not at all." I answer.

"Let's leave then." She tempts me.

"It's almost over I think just wait a little longer." I laugh grabbing her hand to satisfy her a little.

Ten minutes later the lights come back on in the theater and try to leave without gaining any attention. Our hands are still connected and she doesn't let go until we make it to the next destination. 

"Omo" I freeze seeing the restaurant. She pulls me inside with her.

"Aigoo Yerin-ah and Sinb-ah it's been so long. Are the other members coming too?" The older lady greets us.

"No, unfortunately not. It'll just be the two of us tonight." Yerin smiles sweetly to her.

"Well, I'm glad it's my two favorites. Don't tell the other member." She jokes guiding us a secluded table in the back.

"You're secret is safe with us." I tell her. She grabs our free hands and squeezes them softly before leaving us once we made it to the table. We sit down next to each other and I instantly turn to her when we're alone.

"Oh my god. You remembered this place?" 

"Of course how can I forget. It's when we first realized there was something special between us." She smiles back. 

"Don't talk about it." I warn her.

"Sometimes I close my eyes and remember how jealous you were for me being close to Yuju during the dinner." She pushes her limits.

"Yah- I said don't talk about it. I'm embarrassed. Also, you were being too touchy with her." I pout.

"I had to release my affection somewhere since someone wanted to be extra tsundere." She smiles pulling me into a hug. I fight it and try to pull away.

"See. Guess I'll share a bed with Yuju tonight." She shrugs.

"No, you're sleeping with me." I say sternly.

The dinner goes smoothly. We laugh and joke like before everything went downhill. The carried back to the dorm is quiet but comfortable. She helps me out of the car when we arrive and I can't deny the butterflies in my stomach. We sneak in quietly trying our best not to wake up Sowon or Eunha. I pull her upstairs to my room and sit her on the bed. I leave her sitting and go to my dresser pulling out two sets of pajamas and tossing one at her. Not caring if she sees I take off my shirt and start to change.

"YAH! YOU'RE STRIPPING RIGHT HERE???" She shouts covering her eyes. 

"Yes. It's my room. Go to the bathroom and change so we can cuddle." I laugh at her.

She stands up and tries to find the bathroom without uncovering her eyes. I smile to myself knowing that big goofy idiot is all mine.

 

A/N

Omg, I'm back from the dead. I don't know when I'll update again so just stay tuned!