Somebody Else

Seesaw

Somebody Else by The 1975

Sinb is sitting in her room when she gets the notification. She doesn't want to believe it. She doesn't believe it but that doesn't stop her heart from shattering.

"Both Source Music and Fantagio Entertainment confirm the dating rumors regarding Jung Yerin and Cha Eunwoo." She reads across the article title. She feels tears threaten to spill but she quickly wipes them away and stands up leaving her room. She walks straight to Sowon's room knocking frantically on the door.

"Are you trying to break my door? Wait, what's wrong? Were you crying?" Sowon pulls her into her room and shuts the door. Although they love to annoy each other Sowon knows Sinb won't tell her anything unless she feels safe.

"I'm fine. It not important but what are we going to do about the false dating rumors that are everywhere saying Yerin is dating Eunwoo. We need to stop them before we get bad publicity." Sinb argues hoping it isn't obvious the real reason she wants the rumors to be gone. 

"What do you mean? Source Music already confirmed them. Yerin and Eunwoo are dating." Sowon furrows her eyebrows. 

"It's real?" Sinb stares back at Sowon in disbelief. She shakes her head and feels the tears threaten again. She doesn't want to break down in front of Sowon but she feels like her chest is collapsing. Sinb drops to her knees in front of Sowon unable to hold anything together anymore. 

"Sinb what's wrong" Sowon drops beside her and pulls her into her shoulder comforting her. Sowon had an idea of the problem but she needs Sinb to accept it and say it out loud. 

"She's with somebody else?" Sinb manages to choke out. Sowon feels her heart shatter of Sinb's words. It has been obvious to everyone how much Sinb loved Yerin. The way she acted towards Yerin was different from how she acts towards other members. She let Yerin do whatever she wanted. She was hopelessly in love with Yerin and whether Yerin noticed or not it was clear to the rest of the members. Sowon didn't expect Sinb to take the news well but now that the heartbroken heart was before her she felt like her own heart was breaking. Sinb was usually the best at hard her emotions in and seeing her in this state showed Sowon just how much Sinb loved Yerin

"I hate to say it but yes. She is with somebody else. I know this is hard for you and I don't expect you to act like everything is okay but remember that GFriend is more than Yerin. All of us are here for you but in front of cameras, we have to act as nothing has changed. You don't have to go out there and act like you're her best friend but you can't go out there and act like she broke your heart. I know this is hard but if you go out there and do that much for all of the members we will do whatever we need to in order to help you during this time." Sowon gave her speech. She wishes she could be more comforting to Sinb but she had to make sure that Sinb realizes that how all of the members respond to this new publicity could make or break their group. 

"I know. Thank you unnie. I'll make sure I'm not in this state when we're public. I'll act like everything is fine but is it okay if I don't eat at the group dinner just for tonight? I don't think I cant be in the room with her and act okay just yet." Sinb wiped her tears and looked up at Sowon. Sowon looks at her swollen eyes and agreed. She told Sinb not to worry about it she could stay in her room and Umji would bring her something to eat.

*Later*

Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, and Umji were getting the food out of the bag and setting them up to eat in the living room when Yerin walked in. They greeted her as if nothing happened and asked her to help set up the food. She smiled and agreed. The five sat laughing and eating together. 

"I just noticed Sinb isn't here. Where is she?" Yerin suddenly questions. Eunha, Yuju, and Umji all looked at each other nervous until Sowon decided to speak up for them. 

"She wasn't feeling good so I told her to rest in her room for the night. Don't worry she wouldn't want us worrying about her instead of eating." Sowon shrugs picking up her beer and taking a sip. The other three just nod and talk again as if they weren't panicking a for seconds ago.

"Oh okay. Shouldn't we take something up to her? She should still eat something" Yerin says as she is about to stand up. But Umji beats her too it and stands up quickly making Yerin look at her confused. 

"I already made a plate for her in the kitchen. I just forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me I'll go take it to her now." Umji smiles and rushes to get the food then heads to Sinb's room. She opens the door to find Sinb watching Netflix with her eyes still swollen from crying. She hands her the plates and sits down next to her. 

"Sorry I kinda forgot to bring it up earlier. I didn't remember until Yerin brought it up. What are you watching?" Umji talked to her casually. Sinb appreciated her members for how there cared for her differently. Sowon would comfort you but also keep you checked into reality, Eunha would listen to you and give you advice, Yuju would make you keep smiling and laughing, Umji would listen if you needed to talk but ultimately treat you without pity with made Sinb feel better.

"Reply 1997. If you want to come back after eating we could watch Harry Potter together." Sinb smiled finally feeling normal again. Umji and Sinb laugh together inside Sinb's closed room but outside Yerin was standing there listening.

"It's been a while since we had a movie night together. You've been spending all of your movie nights with Yerin instead" Umji says before realizing it could make Sinb breakdown again. Instead, Sinb hugged Umji leaving the latter shocked.

"It's okay. I can find someone to take her place. So which Harry Potter do you want to start with?" Sinb's eyes glisten looking at Umji while Yerin's eyes gloss overhearing the words from outside. Yerin doesn't know why Sinb wants to replace her. 

*Days Later*

Sinb is sitting in the changing room next to Umji. They are taking selfies while waiting to go on Weekly Idol. Yerin walks in and sees them laughing. She smiles at the two youngest playing around until she sees Sinb's eyes meet hers. Sinb immediately hardens and turns to Umji telling her she'd be right back before leaving the room. It had been days since Yerin overheard Sinb say she would replace her and ever since that night Sinb had been avoiding her like she was a plague. Yerin decided it had been enough so she followed Sinb out of the room. Catching up to her she grabbed Sinb's hand and pulled her to walk in an opposite direction. She eventually found an empty room and pulled Sinb in. Standing in front of the door she looked at Sinb who refused to look her in the eye.

"Why are you avoiding me?" She asked her. Sinb stood there quietly not wanting to respond. "We're not leaving until you answer me" Yerin continue realizing Sinb had no intention of responding.

"I'm not now let's go. We have to shoot soon." Sinb looked at Yerin with hostility. Yerin's heart felt like it took a punch. Sinb had never talked to her like this. She had never treated her like since. 

"I don't know why you're acting like this or what I did but I'll let you have your way this time. But if you don't tell me why you're acting like this soon I will make you." Yerin says. She wanted to know what was wrong but she couldn't force Sinb to tell her. If she had done something to make Sinb mad forcing her to tell her wasn't a way to make her less mad.

While shooting Sinb found it extremely difficult to act as if everything was okay because Yerin was constantly touching her. When they were sitting Yerin would either hold Sinb's hands or grab her thigh. She wanted to shove her hand away but she promised to act like everything was fine. After countless touches and caresses, Sinb had enough. She got up in the middle of the shooting and switched seats with Eunha. Eunha looked confused but moved over when Sinb motioned. 

"Sinb-ssi is everything okay? Eunha wasn't getting too much camera time was she?" The host joked causing the other members to laugh except Yerin and Sinb. Sinb realized her actions and laughed with them. 

"Oh yes... I wanted to make it easier on the cameramen to film the face of the group" Sinb said in her sarcastic way that took the tension in the air away. Sinb slapped Sowon's shoulder while laughing hinting her to go with it.

"Yah you think you're the visual? Obviously, I'm the visual" Sowon went along with the joke to take attention away from Sinb's actions.

Luckily they were able to move on without bringing it back up. As soon as shooting was done Sinb was running to the changing room. She wanted to get changed and out of there as quickly as possible to avoid Yerin. As soon as she was changed she rushed the van sending a text to Umji letting her know where she was. Sinb sat in the van by herself cursing herself for making it obvious. She saw a text from Umji saying that they were going to go eat if she wanted to take both vans but if she rather go home one van could take her and the other would go in the second van to eat. Sinb told her she just rather go home and Umji asked her she wanted her to come home with her. Sinb didn't want to take Umji's night away so she said she'd be fine.

Sinb is sitting in the van waiting for their manager to come so she could come home. She decided to pass time by responding to fans on Weverse so when the door to the van opened she didn't think much of it. She just assumed it was her manager until the person took the phone out of her hands.

"Yah give that back to me." She said irritated before looking up. When she did look up she saw Yerin in front of her. Her attitude entirely changed and Yerin noticed this. Yerin didn't want to force anything out of Sinb so she sat there silently hoping Sinb would decide herself to say why she was acting like this. Sinb rolled her eyes and sat back in her seat not wanting to give in. Minutes had passed neither had said anything. Sinb was frustrated but couldn't leave because Yerin was in the way. After ten minutes of silence Sinb finally gave in.

"So I heard you found somebody else and at first I thought it was a lie," She said not looking at Yerin. Yerin was confused. Was this what Sinb was mad at her for?

"You're mad at me for dating Eunwoo? Is it because it's him? I would understand if it were Moonbin but why are you mad at me for dating Eunwoo?" Yerin was mad now. She thought Sinb had absolutely no reason to treat her this way because of who she was dating.

"This isn't about him. This is about you, Yerin. When will you realize?" Sinb snapped. She finally looked at Yerin making the tears in her eyes obvious. Yerin looks at her with her eyebrows furrowed. She didn't understand what was wrong anymore.

"I don't want your body but I hate to think about you with somebody else... Our love has gone cold because you're intertwining your soul with somebody else" Sinb let her heart out. She exposed herself and Yerin felt every word with 100% sincerity. The tears in her eyes and the pain in her voice make Yerin tear up.

"Come on Sinb... This ain't the last time that I'll see your face" Yerin tries to reason with Sinb. She doesn't want to acknowledge just how deep this is to Sinb.

"I'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone and then leaving with somebody else. No, I don't want your body but I'm picturing your body with somebody else. Don't you get it? I don't want your time... I want your love." Sinb is done hiding this. She tired of always acting as if she isn't helplessly in love with the older woman. She feels guilty for whatever this might do to GFriend but it's too late to hold everything in.

"Come on Sinb... You said you'd find someone to take my place. You had my love then you started acting like this." Yerin feels hurt that the same person treating her like is the one wanted her love. Sinb said she wanted to replace her yet expects her love. Sinb doesn't know how Yerin knows she said that but it's not the time to ask.

"Every time I start to believe in anything you're saying I'm reminded that I should be getting over it" Sinb accuses her. Yerin is taken aback. She wasn't expecting Sinb to be bringing this up again. She thought they had moved on.

"You know exactly why both of us should be getting over it. I know we were both in love but we also both agreed that WE could never happen. You agreed to that." Yerin reminded her. They had this problem in the past when they were both in love with each other but realizing the consequence if anyone found out they had agreed they wouldn't. It hurt both of them but they agreed they'd move on together. 

"I'm still in love. I know you are too. Don't lie and tell me you love him as much as you loved me. I just don't believe that you have got it in you" Sinb challenges Yerin. Sinb knows they agreed to move on but she was never able to. She doesn't think Yerin is dated Eunwoo because she has moved on.

Yerin knows Sinb is right too. She isn't dating him because she has already moved on; she dating him in hopes that she'll finally move on. As much as she hates she can't deny it yet she can't give in to her heart.

"You think I don't wish I could go back in time and change what happened. Do you know how many nights I cry myself to sleep because I'm still hopelessly in love with someone I can't be with? Don't sit here and act like you know what I want." Yerin is fuming. All those nights alone wishing she could one day share it with Sinb without consequences. All those days where she'd see Sinb sitting there effortlessly breathtaking and wishing she could kiss her right there. All those performances where she'd see the pure passion in Sinb and wish she could call Sinb her girlfriend. All those moments have built up to now. Sinb is attacking her for never doing what she truly wanted to do all along.

"Then what do you want Yerin? Do you want to get someone you love? Get someone you need? that, get money for yourself everything is good huh? As long as you're the top girl group image and making money for yourself that's enough right? Do you realize what I am to you? I'm just some object that you could have at the snap of a finger yet you're just too scared it'll cost you everything you have. I'm someone who isn't quite worth enough to you." Sinb's tears are falling freely as she said each word with more emotion than she's ever felt in her life.

"You say that as if I'm not the same thing to you. You've never done the things you want me to. You're calling me a coward but you're the same as me" Yerin words were filled with bitterness.

"I'm not the same as you to me you're someone I can't afford. I'd give anything I had to be with you. I'd give my money, my career, my passion for this industry if it meant I would be with you. I'd give everything. I would give absolutely everything to be with you and that still wouldn't be enough. You could give anything and have me but I could give everything and still not have you. That's why I've been acting like this because I'm so hopelessly in love with you that I can't stand the thought you being with someone else." Sinb looked her in the eyes. All the emotions she was feelings finally released. The tension finally addressed. But the hope for anything to be normal was gone.

"Sinb we can't. I can't do that to you or the group. If we got exposed it would be the end of our careers. It could ruin GFriend. Can we not just forget our feelings and act like the idols everyone sees us as?" Yerin pleaded with Sinb to understand her side.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that" Sinb whispered.

*Next Day*

Yerin is sitting in her room when she gets the notification. She doesn't want to believe she doesn't believe it but that doesn't stop her heart from shattering

"Source Music has released a statement saying GFriend's main dancer, Hwang Sinb, will be taking an indefinite hiatus" 

 

 

A/N

This one took forever... Sorry for such a sad chapter but keep in mind there could a part 2 in the future. Please upvote and comment on what you think!!! Thanks for reading until the next chapter!