Dreamcatcher

Seesaw

Dreamcatcher by Gfriend

Yerin POV

My eyes flutter open and like every morning I look back on my dreams to see if she was in them. It's weird, I'm sure I woke up but her touch is staying. Why? I slowly turn and see her still asleep next to me. That's when the memories come back from last night. We both confessed to each other. I can't believe I finally have her. My arms wrap around her waist pulling her closer to me. She grumbles nonsense but doesn't wake up. 

I used to hate the dark until you gave me a hug. I used to be scared of what my dreams would bring but now when night comes so do you wandering through my dreams. Even if we have each other now come and see me in my dreams. Don't let the darkness find me. Now that I have the light, of course, I'm scared of losing it. My stomach feels empty so I kiss her forehead and roll away to get some food. 

"Come back to me." I hear her mumble sleepily. 

"Why? I'm hungry." I grumble.

"So I can know you a little more." She reaches an arm out towards me. 

"With cuddles, you'll know me more?" I laugh while getting back into bed with her.

"You're my dreamcatcher." She mumbles again.

"You realize you're my dreamcatcher?" I ask her.

"How?" She leans into me.

"You make me wait for the night because I know I'll see you in my dreams." I tell her as I rub her back.

"Even in your dreams, I want to be your love." I feel her laugh into my neck.

"What about your dreams?" I ask.

"The dreams are full of me and you." She replies easily.

"Yeah?" I .

"When the vague darkness swallowed me after I left I'd hide under the blanket alone. No matter how loudly I shout, no one turned around or came back. But then your countless stars are in my dream and I felt a little bit of light. You sent them in and ended the long darkness each night. Rather than the long dark days, as the night approaches it's dazzling. The sky we shared was all I found hope in." She talks as if releasing emotions she held in the entire time.

"Every night come and see me. Whether in your dreams or in reality. I won't let the darkness find you. If you feel yourself drifting off come back to me. No matter what so we can know each other even more. We're each other's dreamcatcher so each night the dreams are full of me and you. In your dreams don't be afraid to find me." I tell her.

"I'll go to you when I need you." I feel her place a quick kiss on my jawline.

"Shine for me and I'll be your star too. You're my way, my dreamcatcher." 

"God, you must be hungry if you're being this cheesy. Let's go eat." She laughs while rolling away from me. 

I follow her out of the room and thank god that Eunha and Sowon aren't here. She is cooking pancakes while I cut up some fruit from the fridge. By the time I'm done she still has her back face me working on pancakes. I hesitantly walk close to her nervous about what I'm about to do. I shakily wrap my arms around her waist and felt her jolt slightly.

"Oh my... you almost gave me a heart attack!" She shouts turning to playfully hit my shoulder. 

"I-is it okay?" I stutter nervously.

"I'm sure the fruit is fine. You can't really mess up fruit, Yerin." She laughs

"No... I mean the back hug." I explain now embarrassed. 

"Do you want to hug me?" She asks.

"Of course. That's why I did it." I say flustered.

"Then of course it's okay." She turns around my arms. We both stare at each other for what feels like years. My eyes subconsciously glance down at her lips and I feel myself leaning in. 

"Is it okay if I want to kiss you?" I whisper inches away from her.

"Always." She whispers back. I lean in close enough to feel her breath against me. I close my eyes anticipating the kiss.

"SINB! I'M HERE YOU READY TO GO OUT?" Someone yells inside the dorm. We instantly split to separate ends of the room. I grab the fruit and take it to the table as she turns to the pancakes.

"Sinb? Where are you?" The person shouts again.

"I'm in the kitchen, Yoohyeon." Sinb shouts back. I can't keep but feel my heart drop slightly at the mention of Yoohyeon. 

"Are you- Yerin?" Yoohyeon freezes when she sees me at the table. 

"Hello. Nice to meet you, I'm Yerin from Gfriend." I walk over to introduce myself.

"I know. I mean. Um. Nice to meet you too, I'm Yoohyeon from Dreamcatcher." She holds a hand out to shake mine. After the greeting, we both stand awkwardly.

"God, you both are so embarrassing." Sinb grumbles while putting the pancakes on a plate.

"You can't exactly blame me for being shocked..." Yoohyeon whispers to Sinb. 

"We made up. I'm not telling you any more details. Also, change of plans we're eating here then we're going out." Sinb says taking the plates of pancakes to the table.

Yoohyeon and I awkwardly follow her and sit at the table uncomfortably. Neither of us says anything.

"How's Minji? Is she still mad at you follow getting a dog without her permission?" Sinb breaks the tension.

"No... Now she loves the dog more than me I swear..." Yoohyeon rolls her eyes.

"You and Minji are dating right?" I somehow ask.

"Yep. We've been officially dating about two years now." She smiles at me.

"Woah, how?" I asked stunned.

"It's definitely not easy. Our band is pretty affectionate so we can share normal PDA without much heavy attention. We went on a lot of secret public dates at the beginning but now we're fine just having dates at home. At first, you want to try to date like normal people but you realize it's more personal being somewhere where you don't have to worry as much." She props an elbow on the table thinking about her times with Minji.

"Do you ever fight?" I continue my questions.

"Of course. Every relationship has fights but once you know what the other person wants you don't have fights as serious. Like Minji fighting me getting a dog that is basically hers now." Yoohyeon laughs off. I smile at how easy she makes it sound. I glance at Sinb and notice her smiling warmly at me. 

"I should get dress for our date." Sinb says standing up. I follow her actions.

"I should probably go back to my dorm anyways." I explain. Yoohyeon nods to both of us and stays in the kitchen while Sinb and I leave. We get into her room and she roughly pulls me into a hug.

"Woah. What's this for?" I ask in shock.

"You're actually trying." She says.

"Sinb, I really want this to work this time." I explain to her.

"What are we now then?" She asks suddenly. I felt the fears creep back in but I try to keep them away. She grabs my face gently forcing me to look at her.

"Don't hide now. Put the mask away." She says slowly. I nod trying to breathe normally.

"I don't know. I want you to know I'm serious but I can't put a label on us right now. Not because I'm scared but because I technically still dating Eunwoo. It's not fair to call you my girlfriend until I'm not his. Don't think too much about it. I just need to break up with him first and I'll do that while you're on your date with Yoohyeon. Okay?" I explain.

"Just one day at a time. I just need to know that someday we'll be more." She whispers.

"I promise soon we'll have labels. I just need to fix my current situation." 

"That's all I needed to hear. Text me when you get to your dorm safe." She smiles up at me.

"I will. Have fun on your date even if it's not with me." I kiss her on the cheek.

 

A/N

Cute chapter after all the drama. As of right now there will be 8 chapters after this one!!!