Five

Seesaw

 

Five by Apink

Yerin POV

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I start hoping this suffocating silence will end soon.

"This." Sowon speaks up while pointing at me and Sinb.

"We're just a little confused about what you two are now..." Eunha starts cautiously.

"Are you dating?" Yuju asks.

"Technically not yet?" I say confused. 

"What do you mean no?" Sinb says looking at her with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh no, they're gonna fight again... I told you we shouldn't have said anything." Umji groans.

"No... we are going to fight. I only said not yet because I haven't taken you on an official date." I defend myself.

"We are literally going on one tonight." Sinb rolls her eyes.

"Are we not going to talk about the fight that you went from ignoring each other to now talking about your date tonight? What happened?" Yuju states the obvious elephant in the room.

"She kidnapped me, forced me to listen to her explanation, then we made up." Sinb explained.

"Does the company know?" Sowon asks.

"No." I tell them. 

"So we will keep it on the down-low as long as you two don't get yourselves caught." Sowon tells us. We both look at each other then nod towards Sowon.

"Now that everything is clear Yerin you can leave so we can get Sinb ready for her date." Umji smiles. 

"You're kicking me out?" I asked confused.

"Yep. See if you can get ready with Joy and Hayoung we have Sinb." Yuju laughs while pulling me off the couch and walking me towards the door. I turn trying to say something to Sinb but I meet the door instead. I groan and pulled my phone out of my pocket to text Joy and Hayoung.

Yerin: Are either of you busy today?
Joy: Not at all
Hayoung: Only after 6
Yerin: I need help...
Hayoung: Are you going to pay us?
Joy: Help with what?
Yerin: I have a date later with Sinb and I don't know what to wear or do.
Joy: YOU FINALLY GOT A DATE WITH SINB
Hayoung: OMG
Joy: WAIT WHO ASKED WHO???
Yerin: I asked her on the date
Hayoung: JOY OWE ME $20 
Joy: ...
Yerin: You bet money on this? 
Hayoung: Of course... I'm on the way to pick you up anyways.

I shake my head at my idiot friends but then start to think about what I should possibly do for a date. Does she want to go somewhere nice for dinner, somewhere casual, something fun? I'm starting to freak out now because I have no clue what to do. I hear a car pull up and look up to see Hayoung waiting for me. I get in her car and we head towards Joy's house. 

"Are you excited about your date?" Hayoung asks me while she drives.

"I guess..." I respond.

"Nervous?" She laughs.

"I feel like I'm going to have a heartattack." I tell her as we pull up at Joy's house. We get out and walk towards the entrance.

"What are you going to do for the date?" She asks.

"I have no idea. I have nothing planned." I sigh while we walk in only to be tackled by Joy in a hug. 

"I'm so excited for even if you made me lose money. Where are you going for the date? We need to get you ready right now." She jumps in place with excitement.

"There's a problem. She has nothing planned for their date." Hayoung exposes me. 

"You don't know what you're doing for the date?" Joy looks at me with huge eyes.

"No..." I respond quietly.

"YOU ASKED HER OUT AND DON"T HAVE A DATE PLANNED?" Joy screams.

"NO. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR A DATE THAT WON'T GET US EXPOSED YET FEELS LIKE A REAL DATE?" I scream back. They both look at each other and start to think. After a minute Hayoung shrugs and Joy shakes her head.

"So if you will help me come up with a plan first then we can get ready sooner..." I tell them stressed. 

"Let's talk to Irene unnie and see if she has any ideas." Joy suggests. Hayoung and I both look at each other since we're kinda scared of her. Joy rolls her eyes and drags us to Irene's room. She knocks on the door and waits till Irene tells us to come in to open the door.

"Irene unnie... we need help." Joy tells her. Irene looks up and her sharp stare causes me and Hayoung to take a step back.

"Did you break something?" She asks sternly.

"No... Not that kind of help. It's just that-" Joy stops and pulls us into Irene's room "Yerin has a date with someone later and she doesn't have anything planned even though she asked them out." 

"She finally got the date with Sinb?" Irene asks excitedly. I turn to Joy shocked that Irene knows.

"What? I talk to my members too... Don't worry they're supportive." Joy whispers. 

"You didn't have to expose me though right Hayoung?" I turn to her for support.

"My members know too..." She whispers.

"I'm- Wow I really can't stand either of you... Yes, I did get a date with Sinb but I don't know what to do." I turn to Irene.

"Well, what kind of date are you thinking?" She asks nicely.

"One that feels like a real date but there no chance of us getting exposed." I tell her. 

"Then I would avoid popular restaurants or anything super fancy. Honestly, it's better to keep it simple for now. Why don't you call Chorong and ask her how she goes on dates with Eunji?" Irene suggests. Joy and I both turn to Hayoung and glare at her.

"Chorong and Eunji are dating?" I ask frustrated by the fact we could've asked before all of this.

"Yeah. You think you're the only lesbian in this industry?" Hayoung shrugs.

"You idiot we should've asked her first!" Joy shoves Hayoung's shoulder.

"But I sleep so much better know that the date and not knowing details..." She cringes.

"Okay but your friend needs help so call Chorong." Joy sighs. Hayoung reluctantly agrees and tells us to get in the car and we will just go to the Apink dorm.

"So how many people have you told???" I ask them in the car.

"Just our members" Hayoung answers.

"Don't worry too much about that when you have an entire date to plan." Joy laughs.

"Thanks for that..." I take a deep breath leaning my head back against the seat to calm down.

"Well, we're here so let's ruin my innocence." Hayoung groans while getting out of the car. When we enter we hear someone yell asking who came in.

"It's me, Bomi unnie!" Hayoung just yells back. We follow her through the house until she gets to a door.

"Chorong unnie! I'm coming in!" She yells before opening the door. She opens the door and we walk in. Chorong is in her bed with Eunji right next to her.

"Yah!!! You should warn us before bringing guests over!" Chorong yells trying to get out of Eunji's arms.

"I texted you but you didn't respond." Hayoung explains.

"We were watching a movie so she was probably distracted." Eunji shrugs only for Chorong to hit her shoulder.

"Let go of me." Chorong glares at Eunji.

"Babe, one of them is living with Irene and the other one is in love with a girl... Stop worrying they probably already know." Eunji laughs. Chorong huffs but then looks at Hayoung.

"Why'd you come here? Is everything okay?" Chorong asks her concerned.

"Yerin needs help." Hayoung states simply.

"Girl problems?" Eunji says like it's obvious.

"No not anymore..." I say defending myself. Joy laughs at my statement.

"Eunji unnie can you talk to Yerin while me and Joy talk to Chorong?" Hayoung asks. 

"That serious huh? Okay, let's go kid. I might know a thing or two from the radio broadcast a while ago." She raises her eyebrows while getting out of the bed.

"I forgot about that..." I sigh knowing it probably not good.

"Come, come we're about to have fun" She laughs pulling me to her room. I sit on the bed next to her awkwardly in the silence.

"What's wrong now? She''s still mad at you?" Eunji asks.

"No... I asked her on a date for tonight and I have nothing planned." I explain.

"That's great!" She says excitedly.

"But I have nothing planned." I look at her confused.

"That's true but you also have a date with her. We can figure out plans while being excited you finally fixed whatever was wrong." She explains patting my shoulder.

"I guess... I just don't know how to have a real date without people noticing. How do you and Chorong go on dates?" I ask her.

"Sometimes just like how you and I are right now. We don't need fancy restaurants or extreme dates for it to feel special. We can just stand still and take a break from everything together. That's what a date is right? It's time to spend with someone special in a way that it's just the two of you. Yerin, you don't need an extravagant date in order for it to feel real." She explains.

"We've special things in the past and it was never a date so how do I make it a date though?" I ask still confused.

"You shared special moments in the past but there was no possibility of the future for you. But now you've grown and confessed your feelings so the time together will be a real date trust me." She looks at me seriously.

"What should I do even if it's not extravagant?" 

"You could go to a park and have a quiet peaceful date, if you want a fun date maybe karaoke or that VR place, maybe a local restaurant. You can go anywhere as long as you don't do anything extreme in public like kissing. You can still hold hands and be touchy because shockingly media doesn't like to mention the possibility of a same- relationship without concrete proof. Dating can be simple as long as you keep the extremes for private." She explains it like its simplicity.

"Really?" I ask shocked.

"Yes really. Chorong and I are always touchy and fans suspect things but at the end of the day, they can't prove we aren't just touchy people. Don't overthink and don't kiss in public and you're good." She laughs.

"What if I took her to see a movie?" I suggest.

"Simple but fun and you can do a lot in the theater." She winks at me.

"I- We haven't-" I start

"Yerin did you figure everything out because we need to get you ready." Hayoung interrupts thankfully.

"Yes. I'm taking her to a movie date and a local restaurant she likes." I answer her as I standing up from the bed hoping my cheeks aren't red from the embarrassment that just happened.

"That sounds cute. Let's get you ready then." Joy smiles.

 

A/N

I couldn't really think of a song that fit this chapter so I just chose this one because it's a bop. ANYWAYS I'm finally back and updating!!! I finished my classes and got good grades so it's time for Sinrin to sail before I go back to school in a month. Thanks for being patient until next chapter!