How Did You Make It This Far?

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tuesday

 

The next day, to her surprise, Saerom was relieved when Jungkook greeted her. Something was seriously off. 
"Morning," Jungkook beamed as he walked towards her. As soon as he was close enough, he tossed her the packet of bread, "You know, I like bread too, that's something we have in common." He said conversationally. Saerom caught it with a small smile--if it was Jimin instead of Jungkook, she would have started bragging about her catch. Jungkook chuckled, "Ever thought of baseball? With an arm like that, you might make it big." His sarcasm was differently there, two can play that game. "I thought about it, but I wouldn't want to outshine my team." A playful smirk danced across her lips. They stayed like that for a minute, it would have been longer if the bell hadn't rung. "We should head to class." Jungkook said as he pointed behind him. Saerom nodded firmly, "Yeah." She hurriedly walked in front of him. 

 

"So get this," Yoongi began as soon as Jungkook took his seat, "I got a D on the last History test, the teacher said that if I don't raise my grade, summer schools my only hope." The distaste was evident in his voice, Jungkook just shook his head, "I told you to study, but you didn't listen." Yoongi rolled his eyes, "That's it? You aren't even going to offer to help me?" Jungkook shrugged, "What could I do?" Jungkook wasn't necessarily a 'great student' either. He could barely get himself to pass classes, it was very unlikely that he would be of much help to Yoongi. "I don't know!" Yoongi planted his face onto the desk, causing a thud noise that made a few people turn their heads. 
Suddenly a thought came to Jungkook, "What if I can find you a tutor?" Yoongi turned his head, "You'd do that?" Jungkook smirked, "What wouldn't I do for you?" 

~

"Lunch is crazy, a meal between meals, yah know?" Jungkook almost smacked himself for spurting nonsense. Saerom, on the other hand, just looked at him funny, "Uh, yeah, I suppose." Jungkook cleared his throat, "I actually have something to ask you." He brought his voice down to a whisper, not that anyone would care to hear their conversation. Saerom visibly stiffened, "What?" Jungkook walked off to the side of the cafeteria, she followed behind him. "My friend Yoongi's failing and you're, like, the top student-" Saerom wagged her finger in the air, "Not 'like', I am the top student." Jungkook smiled, "Exactly! Well Miss Top Student, he needs a tutor and I was wondering if you'd be willing to?" He rubbed the back of his nape awkwardly. 
Saerom twisted her lips in thought, "...fine, you guys can come to my house tomorrow after school." Jungkook was slightly taken aback, he hadn't expected her to agree so quickly, "Really?" She nodded, "Really." She could do at least that much to pay him back for the bread hes gotten her. 

~

Wednesday


"We're coming." Jimin said, by the tone in his voice; Saerom knew there was no stopping him. "You don't even need help in History though." Jimin waved his han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter