A Reason

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook knocked on Saerom's door. As soon as the bell rang she left, he meant to go with her but the teacher wanted him to drop papers off at the office again. It seemed like he was the teachers new go-to-deliver. His fist halted when the door finally opened, he lowered his gaze. "Can I help you?" Minseok, Saerom's younger brother, asked. "Yeah, is your sister home?" Minseok eyed him suspiciously, "Hold on one second," he turned his head, "Kyungsoo!" He yelled. It took about twenty seconds for the other twin to appear, "What?" He demanded. Minseok nudged his head in Jungkook's direction, "This guys asking for Saerom." Kyungsoo looked at Jungkook up and down, "...Let him in." He finally said. Minseok nodded, "She's in her room, first door to the right." The two disappeared down the other hallway. 

Jungkook walked into the house, it was weird to be here again. It was crazy to think that it had already been two months since he'd came here to apologies about spilling milk on her paper, now the memory brought a smile to his face. He troubled his bottom lip, his hand hesitating in front of her door. He softly knocked, "What?" He barely heard her, "Can I come in?" There was a long pause before Saerom swung the door open. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Jungkook noticed the red around her eyes, without thinking, his hand went to cup the side of her face, "Are you all right?" He asked worriedly. She moved away from his touch, "Yeah, it's from earlier." His forehead creased. He could tell she didn't want to talk about it, so he moved on, for now. 

"I'm here because you left before I could give you a reason to go on the trip." He said. 

She shook her head, "Jungkook, I'm not really in the mood-" he put his hand up to stop her from talking, "You said I could give you a reason after school." He put his arm up and made a show of pointing at his wrist watch, "It's after school." Saerom rolled her eyes but a small smile had made it's way onto her lips. "Fine, let's go outback." He nodded, following after her. 

"It's getting colder out," he said as they took a seat on the bench swing in her backyard. She hummed in agreement, "So, what's your amazing reason? It better be good since it couldn't wait till tomorrow." She said conversationally. "Straight to the point, aren't we?" Jungkook teased, "You didn't even ask me how my day was." Saerom sighed, she had a feeling his stay would be longer than anticipated. "Fine, how was your day?" Jungkook looked at her eagerly, "Guess?" Saerom was on the verge of slapping him, "Was it good?" She asked through gritted teeth. He nodded, "Yep! Now let me guess how your day was." Saerom bite down on her bottom lip. When Jungkook spoke next, all the playfulness was gone. 

"It was good, until you saw someone." It was a wild guess, but he went ahead and went for it. Saerom paused, "I didn't want you to know me this well." She stated.
"I want to know you even more." His reply came instantly.
"What's the reason you want me to go on the trip?" She changed the subject.
"Because I want you there." 
Saerom froze, a few seconds passed before she spoke, "Fine, I'll go." She said with a sigh, she didn't want to. She knew that more unwanted memories would come back, but looking at the boy in front of her, she said yes. She might regret it in the future, but she was willing to take a chance. 

 

~~~

Tuesday

 

"So the results are in!" The teacher, Mr. Lee, said. He wore a smile as he passed out the papers, he looked approvingly at many people, then gave a sorrowful smile to others. When he reached Jungkook, he said a quick 'good-job'. Then he got all the way back to Saerom, "Good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter