Planning for the Unexpected

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Monday

 

 

"The school trip will be taking place this coming weekend! If you haven't signed up yet, you can do so at the teachers office." 

The vice principal said through the school's speaker system. Saerom and Jungkook were walking into the cafeteria. They had decided to eat lunch together again, but this time with everyone else. "Are you going?" He asked, referring to the school trip. Saerom shook her head, "No." His eyebrows puckered, "Why not?'' Saerom averted her eyes, "I haven't gone on a school trip since middle school." That was back when she went to the middle school in town, it was a fancier one, Jimin and Yeji had also gone there, and Taehyung. "You should go, you're in your Junior year already, don't you want to have those experiences?" He asked. Saerom shook her head, "I don't want anymore experiences." They reached the table, the other three were already sitting. "But it will be fun." Jungkook urged. Yeji perked up, "What will be fun?'' She asked. "The school trip, aren't you two going?" He directed his question to Saerom's two friends. They nodded, "Yeah, my mom's making me." Jimin said. Yeji also nodded, "Same." 

Jungkook pointed to her friends, as if their going would make some drastic difference. "I think it'll be fun, you should go." Jungkook continued to pester her. Yeji was about to step in, but Saerom spoke. "If you can give me a good reason, I'll go." But he had to understand, the reason had to be to her standards. Jungkook smirked, "Give me to the end of the day, I'll think of a great one." A small smile lit her face up, "Fine, but it better be good." 

Saerom turned her head to the side to hide her smile, but the smile was effectively wiped off her face when she did so. Taehyung was a few tables across from them, looking right at her. Her breath hitched, look away. She told herself. But she couldn't, if eyes could be magnetic, his were. His eyes pulled her in, and his smile made her stay. Saerom stood up, "I'll be back, you guys can eat first." She gave them a forced smile. They all eyed her suspiciously, "Do you want me to come with you?" Yeji asked, she shook her head, "No," her words spilled out too quickly, "you should eat, all of you." She walked straight for the door. 

Jimin looked at everyone, "It's fine." He told him. They couldn't baby her all of the time, she wasn't some fragile infant that needed looked after. Heck, she spent most of her life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter