Head Full of Thoughts

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Where's Kim Taehyung?" Mr. Lee asked as Saerom brought her log cabin forward. Saerom looked at the ground, "I'm not sure, he probably wasn't feeling well." The teacher nodded, "I'll check on him later," he said absentmindedly, "well, that marks the last house! Ms. Kim and I will be announcing the winners after dinner." The students all made their way over to the food tables that were set up. 

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked as soon as they could join back up with Saerom. She nodded, "Yeah, he ended up leaving after a little while." Yeji bobbed her head, "I guess that's good, but why'd he leave?" Saerom bit her lip and shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure..." he had a habit of leaving after any conflict arose, but then again, she wasn't any better. She's the one that's been avoiding him, and the one who transferred, even though he wasn't the only reason she left her old school. 

"Kang Saerom!" Saerom's head shot up at the sound of the familiar lovely voice. Jungkook came jogging up to them, Yoongi was walking slowly behind him. "Yeah?" Saerom asked, she had a feeling he'd ask the same thing as Yeji, but to her surprise; he didn't. "Did you make the log cabin alone?" He asked, Saerom nodded, "See!" Jungkook yelled at Yoongi. Saerom was completely lost on what this conversation base was. "Huh?" She said dumbly. "Your cabin looks amazing, mine and Yeji's looked horrible, Yoongi was saying your teammate was probably just good." Yeji scoffed, "I thought our cabin looked wonderful!" Jungkook waved his hand. "I'm sure you did--anyway, are you guys getting in line?" He pointed to the line of students forming by the tables. They all nodded. 

~


''I'm just saying," Jimin began, "that guy isn't even that attractive." Yeji rolled her eyes, "He's better looking than you." Jimin scoffed at her words. Saerom watched her friends argue over how attractive Na Jaemin was. The topic had come up after Yeji met eyes with him, though nobody was sure if she really did or if it was just her being delusional. After she had stated how attractive he was, Jimin immediately started arguing that he really wasn't above average. Saerom was always immensely entertained by their bickering, it was also a good detraction from everything else going on in her life. 

It was always hard to battle with the two sides of her brain. On one hand; she wanted to go back to being his friend. On the other; she knew that they were passed that, sometimes things end and that's okay. But common sense doesn't always stop heartache. 

"Hey," Jungkook nudged her side, "why are you staring off into space?" He smiled at her. He had found that the face she makes when deep in thought, was extremely adorable--but that was something he would keep to himself. Saerom's face started turning a light shade of pink, "I was just thinking..." Jungkook leaned down closer so he could hear her voice, everyone around them was being loud, "Were you thinking about how stupid their argument is?" He said nudging his head towards her two best friends. Saerom chuckled, "That was one of my thoughts." 

"Saerom," Yeji called, "can you please tell this bozo that Song Joongki is better looking than him." Saerom snorted, she had no idea how their conversation had drifted into this territory. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder--but yes." Yeji smiled, "Ha! See, even Saerom agrees!" Yeji stuck her tongue out and tilted her head from side to side. Jimin finally gave up, "Fine! Think whatever false thoughts you want!" He turned his attention elsewhere. 

"Look who's all grumpy now!" Yeji poked Jimin's sides. Before their fights could start again, the teacher luckily interrupted. "Okay everyone! It's time fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter