Because You're Jeon Jungkook

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tuesday

When Tuesday finally rolled around, Jungkook was the most excited he'd ever been for school. The last time he'd seen Saerom was right before leaving her house on Saturday night. To his dismay, the Kangs had gone to spend Sunday and Monday with their grandparents, a.k.a Ms. Kang's parents. It seemed to be horrible timing, since you usually wanted to spend every second with your new significant other. But Saerom and Jungkook didn't mind too much, they liked each other's company, sure, but that doesn't mean they have to be together all the time. That and they had already been spending most of their time together. 

Jungkook still felt like it was unreal, he didn't even imagine that his feelings would be reciprocated so soon. But here he was, being able to call Saerom his girlfriend. It was almost laughable how little had changed, sure they could be more couple-ish now--but other than that, they were the same, and he couldn't have been more happy about it. 

He was finally pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of a screeching chimpanzee, "Yo Jungkook!" Yeji yelled as she and Jimin came to a stop in front of the school gates. Jungkook was waiting for Saerom to show up. "Hey," he returned their smiles. "Are you waiting for Saerom?" Jimin asked. Jungkook bobbed his head, "Yeah, she should be here any second."  He informed them. "I guess we'll see you in class then." Yeji giggled as she pulled Jimin along with her. Jungkook chuckled to himself. 

Saerom had informed him of her friends' freak out after hearing the 'news'. He found it sweet, but Saerom found it cringy and annoying. The word annoying reminded him of someone. Dang it, I forgot to tell Yoongi. Jungkook knew he was in for an ear full. 

"Something on your mind?" The familiarity of the voice brought a smile to Jungkook's face, even before he saw who it was. He took Saerom's hand in his before answering. "I forgot to tell Yoongi the news." Saerom tsked, "So forgetful." Jungkook scoffed, "Have you noticed that you're always making fun of me now?" Saerom feigned innocence, "Am I?" Jungkook chose to just start walking, "Class is starting soon, let's go." He dragged her into the building. 

In all honesty, Saerom expected people to be taken by surprise when they saw Jungkook and herself holding hands. But nobody was. Some people did double takes, after all their school was so small, there really weren't that many couples. Maybe ten or so in each grade, so when a new one appeared some people would talk about it. But it seemed as if people had either already thought they were dating, or weren't surprised by the revelation. Saerom smiled to herself.

~~~

"And I'm the last to know?" Yoongi asked in utter disbelief. Jungkook sent him a sorrowful gaze, "I meant to tell you, but I completely spa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter