Thank You

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Bye, dear!" Grandmother Jeon said as she waved to Saerom. As soon as the latter was out of sight, Mrs. Jeon turned to Jungkook. "Isn't she such a nice girl, you wouldn't think she would be--you know with all she's gone through." A look of melancholy took over her features. Jungkook's eyebrows puckered, "What do you mean?" Mrs. Jeon looked at him, it was obvious that he had no idea what she was talking about, "Oh, maybe I shouldn't have said anything." She paused, "Just forget I said anything." She hurriedly left the room, leaving behind a confused Jungkook. 

What exactly has she been through?  Suddenly Jungkook thought that there might be more to Saerom than meets the eye. 

~

Jungkook leaned onto the lockers as he leisurely scrolled through his phone. Every once in a while his eyes would look up past the brim of his phone and try to spot the familiar girl. "Why are you over here?" Jungkook looked up quickly, but almost as quickly as his eyes had moved, they were back down onto his screen. "No reason." He mumbled. Yoongi raised an eyebrow, "Riiight," he drew out the word so Jungkook knew he didn't believe that it was really for 'no reason'. "So you are right in front of Kang Saerom's locker out of pure coincidence then?" Jungkook's face pinked slightly, "How did you know this was her locker?" Yoongi chuckled, "I didn't. But seriously, isn't this going a bit too far?" Jungkook huffed, "Can I not even stand somewhere without you pestering me?" Yoongi put his hands up defensively, "By all means, you continue being your creepy self." He started backing away, "I'll head to class first."

Jungkook watched until Yoongi turned a corner, because of this, he didn't notice the new body beside him. "Why are you at my locker?" A smile lit his face as he turned to look at her, the smile slightly faltered when he noticed that she wasn't alone. "Is this your locker?" Jungkook played coy. Saerom just rolled her eyes, "Can I help you with something?" Jungkook shook his head, "No, but I can help you." This caused one of Saerom's eyebrows to go up, before she could ask any questions; a packaged piece of sweet bread was being held up in front of her face. She looked at it, then at Jungkook, her eyes locked on his as she tried to understand what was going on. 

"Saerom, this is where you say thank you." Yeji said, nudging the girl beside her. Saerom took the package from Jungkook, "thanks."  Jungkook inwardly tsked, still no smile. "You're welcome. See you in class." Jungkook waved b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter