Bad First Impressions Turned Good First Confessions

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saturday 

 

Saerom's hand hesitated on her front door handle. Jeon Jungkook was more than likely on the other side, and after yesterday's discoveries she wasn't too sure how she would face him. But the other part of her was excited. The image in her mind of him on the other side of that door, suddenly made her very eager to open it. So eager that she swung it open before moving her foot out of the way, causing the bottom corner of the door to collide with her toes.

"Fffrr-" She made that noise when you bite down on your lip after hurting yourself. 

"Are you alright?" Jungkook took her hand to steady her, she was using her other hand to cradle her toes. The warmth of his hand didn't go unnoticed. "Yeah, I'm fine." Her words came out rushed as she forced herself to walk the pain off.  A puff of laughter finally escaped Jungkook's mouth, "Pfft, what a way to start the morning." She smacked his arm, "Don't laugh at me, jerk." She muttered the last word as she walked away from him, taking the bag of newspapers he'd brought along. 

Jungkook smiled as he watched her retreating figure. What a cutie. He never thought those words would be so casual inside of his mind, now if only he could say them outwardly. Some people might call him a coward for not telling her how he feels, but he didn't care. At this point he wasn't sure what she felt for him, and he decided that was okay. Jungkook was content just being by her, he didn't need to confess and risk making her uncomfortable around him just because he wanted to hold her hand without needing an excuse. So until he knows for sure how she feels, he'll be happy being a friend to someone as cute as she is 

~~

"Is something on your mind?" Jungkook asked a few minutes later. Usually they would be talking more, but Saerom seemed more in her head than usual. But she wasn't too far gone, she could still hear his voice, so well that it snapped her out of her thoughts. "Not really, why?" She tried to play it off coolly, he didn't need to know that he's what's on her mind. Jungkook bent down to her height, in order to get a better look at her face. Her eyes moved to avoid him. 

"There is diffidently something wrong." He concluded. She scoffed, "And why do you think that?" He pointed his finger to the whole of her face, "I can tell by the look on your face, and the defensive tone of your voice." A smile crept onto Saerom's face. "You think you know me well enough to know how I feel just by my facial expressions?" 
Jungkook didn't hesitate in answering, "Yes." After spending close to four months beside her, he had picked up on small details. "And why do you think that?" She asked. This question proved to be a little harder to answer--or at least took more thought. He couldn't just say, 'because I've been observing the way you behave for the last few months.', for obvious reasons, such as; it sounds creepy.

So instead he thought for a second before answering.

"Because we've spent the last few months together, and I care about you enough to want to know the small things you do." His words were slightly less creepy, some would go as far as to say that they are sweet--Saerom being one of those people, but she wasn't going to say that to his face. "Tsk, tsk, so cheesy." A smile spread across both their lips as they stood there. 

"Jungkook," she spoke after a few minutes of quietness. "Hm?" He hummed. Saerom bit the inside of her cheek as she worked up the courage to speak. "Have you ever dated anyone?" What can she say? Curiosity might have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back, or so the saying goes. Just as she expected, he nodded. 

"Just one, in middle school." Saerom thought she'd have to ask questions, but to her surprise Jungkook continued talking. "She was the complete opposite of you," a light chuckle escaped his lips. Saerom's heart felt like it sank into her stomach, "Oh?" She said dully. Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, she had this really light brown, long hair and-" Saerom scoffed, causing Jungkook to stop talking. "Did I say something wrong? You look upset." Saerom exhaled, "Did you get that from the look on my face too?" Jungkook blinked. 

After that, the conversations were very short, mostly because Saerom would just give him one-word replies. She wasn't upset with him. If anything she was sad, sad that her chances seemed slimmer and slimmer. 

~~~

Jungkook twirled his glass of orange juice in his hand. The sun was already setting and still his mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter