Going Over

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Maybe he was going crazy.

Perhaps that could be the name of Jungkook's autobiography, though he'd change 'he' to 'I'. 

Over a week had passed since that day she smiled. And everyday he'd try to find another way to get that look back on her face, or hear the sound of her laugh. Yet, no matter what he'd tried, it hadn't worked. He'd found that he was naive in thinking things were changing. He was naive to think that he could knock down her walls. He was naive to think that she'd let him in. He was stupid to compare her to people like Yoongi, who readily and willingly let him in. She was proving to be a challenge far more difficult than he'd imagined. 

"Jeon Jungkook!" The sound of his name being called brought him back to reality. "Yeah?" He looked over to his grandmother, who'd been knitting as she watched tv. "I said; your brother invited his friends over for dinner tomorrow." Jungkook nodded, "Okay, I'll be delivering milk in the morning, so If you need help with making bread you'll have to ask Jaehyun." Jungkook said as he absentmindedly twiddled his thumbs. Mrs. Jeon tsked, "I don't need your help. I was just warning you that Saerom will be coming too, so make sure you look presentable." Mrs. Jeon smiled as she spoke.  Jungkook stood straight up, "You're having their whole family over!?" Mrs. Jeon nodded, slightly surprised by his outburst. 

"Well yes, I'm quite fond of Yoojung, and since Jaehyun became close to her sons I thought it would be lovely to have them all over." Jungkook sighed. Why does everyone have to know each other in a small town!? "I didn't think you'd be upset, you seemed close to Saerom." Mrs. Jeon said. 
"I'm not upset, I just wasn't prepared." Jungkook mumbled before walking out of the room. He stomped his way into his room and jumped onto his head. 

It would have been nice to know Saerom  was coming for dinner, he wouldn't have had to waste time trying to figure out how to spend more time with her this weekend.

~~

Saturday rolled around in a blink of an eye, though it was more of a very long blink; usually referred to as sleep. Spear me a laugh for that terrible joke? 
Jungkook was peppy as he jogged up to Saerom's home, milk cooler and news paper bag in hand. Just before he knocked on the door, it swung open, "Ouch," Saerom's face stayed expressionless. Jungkook's eyes widened in horror, "Oh my goodness, are you alright? I was trying to knock on the door!" He tried to explain himself, he truly hadn't expected her to open the door and become the target of his fist. Saerom nodded with a sigh, "Honest mistake." She concluded. 

Jungkook nodded hurriedly as his free hand reached into his packet, "Here, as an apology." He held out the usual packet of sweet bread, and grabbed her bottle of milk out of the cooler. Saerom gladly took both the items, "Thank you." She said before digging in. 

They had made it about half way through their rounds before Jungkook spoke. "So, you guys are coming over for dinner tonight?" For some reason his statement came out sounding more like a question. Saerom bobbed her head, "According to my mother. My brothers are excited." Jungkook smiled, "I think my grandmother is even more excited than them." Saerom nodded, "She seems like a very spunky old lady." Jungkook nodded, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter