Bread

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hi," Jungkook said as he walked past Saerom. 

This is how their relationship--or lack thereof--had been going since Monday, it was now Friday. 
He'd greet her at every chance he had, and would wait till she walked into the cafeteria so he could go threw the line with her.  Most people had started to take notice of this, Saerom constantly had people asking her about her relationship status. As if it would change, she had been single her entire high school life thus far. 
Not that she didn't have people that were interested in her, she just hadn't found anything that felt right yet.

Maybe that's why she'd became a game to people. A game of being the school's beauties boyfriend. Something that she found extremely irritating.

"How long is this going to go on?" Yeji asked as she hooked her arm with Saeroms. "Who knows, he'll probably get bored soon." Saerom said, though she didn't pay attention to her own words, her mind was too caught up in that very question. How much longer is this going to go on for? 
She wanted her answer to Yeji to be correct, but she had a feeling it wouldn't be. 

This week has been proving to be a long one. 

 

When lunch rolled around it was no different. He was there, standing at the beginning of the lane waiting for her. Yeji giggled as she walked into the line before Jungkook and Saerom. "Hello," Jungkook smiled as they joined the line of students. 
They had an odd resemblance to ants--except they weren't bringing food home, they were eating it all for themselves. 

"Hi," Saerom mumbled. Her hand immediately reached for the bread stand, but she paused when she realized it was empty. 
"Sorry dear, we're out of bread for the rest of the month." The lunch lady said. Saerom sighed. The month would be over after next week, she's had to deal with worse things than a lack of bread. "You like the bread here?" Jungkook asked, noticing her creased forehead. "Yeah." Jungkook nodded, "That's rough." Saerom sent him a glare, "Yeah. It is." She said through gritted teeth. 

 

Saturday


Iseul used her hands to calm her hair, but that proved to be futile as soon as she opened her front door and the wind swept her hair in every which way. "Ugh." She grumbled as she locked her front door. "Hello-" "Ah!" Saerom screamed, turning and kicking with her eyes closed. A grunt of pain made her open her eyes. She looked at the boy in front of her, he was holding his shin with both hands. "Oh my goodness!" She instinctively walked closer to him, "Are you alright?"  Jungkook bit his lip to keep the cries of pain fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter