Good Bye

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

This is a pretty long update!
Please let my grammatical errors and spelling pass. 

Warning: Wheesun angst (a little)

++++++

APRIL 2020

Yongsun arrived at STAR studios with her assistant and head straight to the conference room, she's scheduled to have a table reading for the pilot episode of her new Drama series with Lee Jieun and Kim Soohyun, IU is a singer-actress like her, though IU is still actively putting out music up to this day, unlike Yongsun who focuses on her acting career. While Kim Soohyun is a great actor and he also does sing well.

When she entered the room she bowed and smile on Kim Soohyun's direction who's sitting on the other side of the table and then she also greeted every staff on her way and gave IU a hug and decided to settle on the seat next to her co-star. She has met IU before on award shows, but she never really had a conversation with her. IU kept bowing to her whenever their eyes met, maybe because Yongsun is senior to IU. She smiled back and decided to start a small talk with the woman.

"How are you seeing the plot so far?" a very smiley Yongsun asked and IU can't help but smile before answering.

"It suits us... They're singers," IU said and Yongsun just nods. "We're best friends," IU said blushing and Yongsun can't help but giggle (dolphin laugh).

"We are, yes, and we're about to not be best friends because of him," Yongsung said pointing at Soohyun's direction.

Yongsun, Jieun, and Soohyun's newest drama series called Loving One Person, its a story of two best friends who both dreamed to be successful singers. Since they were kids they dreamt of being singers together, they build this dream together, auditioned, and trained together, but they finally came across this young celebrity musician which eventually formed a crack on their friendship and became the root of betrayal when they both fell in love with him. 

Byul entered the conference room, exactly 30 minutes late.

Very professional. Yongsun mouthed and Byul read her lips and pouted.

"I would like to sincerely give my apologies to everyone, it's very sudden that I had to come late for work today. An artist reached out and told me she's ready to come back, I just really have to prioritize her because I've been waiting for her to come back too." Byul laughed and she gave Yongsun a look. "She also wrote the soundtrack of this series so it really is a very important meeting." Byul placed the flash drive and the lyrics on the table and everyone is looking at her. "Okay, maybe I forced her to come back, and to write this song for the series."

"Is Jung Wheein releasing an album?" Jieun asked and Yongsun's head snaps to her side so fast. "I saw her when I came in early today, we collaborated before so we are acquainted."

Byul smiled awkwardly on Yongsun's direction and nod, Yongsun's eyes grew wide in shock, Yong was about to stand up when Byul's voice stopped her. "She left the building already... Jieun." Byul said and IU just nods politely as Yongsun sits back down to her seat. "Before we start, shall we listen to Two Girl Love A Man demo she submitted? You know? To set the atmosphere." Everyone agreed Byul gave the flash drive to her assistant as she made her way to Yong's seat. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I just want to see her-"

"But you never tried talking to her when you see her, and clearly she's avoiding you too," Byul said and Yong slump on her chair. "You're both grown- woman-"

"Shush! I'm trying to listen." Yongsun said shutting Byul up and closed her eyes as she listens to Wheein's voice. "Who's the other voice?"

"I think she recorded it with Hyejin, you'll be singing this with Jieun eventually, she did it just to see how two voices will sing this song-" Byul said as she listened to TGLAM demo. Everyone is swaying their head.

"This song is really good," Jieun said and her co-stars agreed with her. "Wheein should probably sing it too, why is she giving this song?"

"She can't release that, she has a solo release incoming," Byul said and she felt Yongsun tugged her sleeves. Byul looked at her best friend and met with Yongsun's eyes.

"Just one song? How generous of her?"

"I know, she has a lot of songs ready to go, but she's not releasing a full album. I'm just happy she got bored releasing collaborations." Byul said and she smiles. "I mean a song is a song, its good for business, but I want her to just break free, I want her to grow, she's just so young to throw everything away because of some stupid girl-"

"Hey!" Yongsun said as she slaps Byul's arms. "Is there any chance you also have that song in possession?"

"I do have the final song for physical album production... She'll start making the video this week." Byul said and she swipes her phone and showed a photo of Wheein and Hyejin with her taken this morning. "She's healthier."

"She's glowing..."

"She can be in a dark room and you'll still say she's glowing," Byul said and they were snapped out of their conversation when the song was over. They start their agenda for today and proceed on the read-through.

After the read-through Yongsun joined Byul on her office and they ate late lunch together with the rest of Yongsun's staff which she also eventually send everyone home once lunch was over. She's now hanging out with Byul in her office and she's still begging for the 65th time to let her hear the song.

"Yong..." Byul started and sat with her best friend on the couch. "You always talk about her, I bet you see each other every day on TVs, you two are everywhere but seems to me that for 3 years you two are always successfully avoided each other, aren't you getting tired of this? You and Wheein are just going around in circles." 

"I'm waiting for her to be okay... I don't want to force myself to her." Yong said defeatedly and Byul grab the remote and turned off her blinds to cover the glass side of her office.

"YOU did that to yourself, and you're waiting for her to be okay? Well... are YOU okay?" Byul asked and Yong shakes her head. “Did you even try to call her? Reach out? Apologize? ANYTHING YONG.”

Yongsun shakes her head. “I was...I uhm...I didn’t know yet if it is OK to go for something I really want. I thought that if she didn’t want me, if she didn’t understand why I did what I did, then I didn’t need her.”


“But you do need her? Why are you lying to yourself? If she didn't give you any signs to reach out, then you won't? And you were okay with that? ”

“No, I am miserable! I was hung up on her for 3 years, and I still am. I mean, sure, I spent my time having fun, making myself busy with work. Don’t get me wrong. But Wheein was nowhere in sight, we're signed on the same company, we are invited to the same award shows. In fact, I would read articles from gossip sites because Wheein’s picture was in them, analyzing the other people with her in the photos, wondering who they were to her, how she knew them. I know now that she was just as heartbroken as I was. That somewhere in her head, she was waiting for me to call her and apologize. But at the time, I just ached all alone...” Yongsun started biting her lower lip, Byul knows what's coming next, tears.

"Don't you think 3 years is enough?" Byul asked and Yongsun looked at her friend with shock in her eyes.

"What are you even saying?! That I should give up on her?!"

"No, not like that. What I'm saying is, as a friend and your boss? Maybe you should start doing something for her? This is killing you, you're a great actress Yong, but you are not fooling anyone here, well not me. This is taking a toll on your mental and emotional health." Byul said and after 3 years, she finally had the courage to push her friend to make a move, especially now... Wheein's new song is about letting go.

Wheein's ready to let her go. This song can make or break her friend. Yongsun just can't stay in the safe zone anymore. Byul had it, officially.

"I don't think she'll like it If I-" Yongsun stopped when she saw Byul reach something from her pocket. Byul waves her phone in front of Yongsun. "The song?" Byul nods. "Can I?" Byul nods again. She scans through her phone, she took Yong's hands and played the song for her.

(Please play this song before continuing)

Let’s break up...

The two of us now...

The last words and the melody linger inside the room. Byul watched as Yongsun clasps her hands on her skirt and held the fabric on a tight grip but the shaking on her hands never stopped. Byul kept wiping the actress's face but the tears seem to never stop. 

"I should have chased her down that street the day she left me. I should have begged her to stay. I should have apologized and sent her roses and stood on the biggest stage in South Korea full of my of people and shouted, ‘I’m in love with Jung Wheein!’ and let them crucify me for it. I love her so much, Byul and now I am completely losing her.”

"Hey.. hey... slow down now." Byul hugged Yongsun and held her tighter. This is the only thing she can do now.

"No, Byul, you don't understand. She's ready to risk it all for me, she stuck to my side even if its already hurting her to be with me? But what did I do? I just hurt her even more... I pushed her away..."

"You're just not brave enough before, Yong. Don't hurt yourself like this-"

“No, don't sugar coat this for me... I lost the woman I loved because I cared about being famous as much as I cared about her." Yongsun said and she broke down in front of her friend, and Byul took a deep breath, she's gonna be strong for Yong. She needs a friend now more than ever.

++++++

Wheein was standing on the vending machine by the street when she felt someone is standing beside her. She turned around and saw Jieun behind her, she smiled and greeted an old friend.

"Jieun! What brings you here?" Wheein asked as she opened the can of beer she got from the machine.

"Isn't it too early for that?"

"I badly need this..." Wheein said and smiled. "What brings you here?"

"We are having a read-through today, for a new drama series." Jieun said and Wheein just listened to her politely. "What about you?"

"Secret. You'll know soon enough." Wheein said and she winked at Jieun. "I should probably go, I'll be here for a limited time today. I'll see you around."

"Contact me, Jung Wheein! Let's hang out! Maybe do some music again?"

"I would love that," Wheein said and she hurried inside the building.

When she entered the room Hyejin looked at her disapprovingly. "Are you kidding me? You should've grabbed some morning drink."

"Alcohol is a morning drink."

"I meant something like coffee?"

"Alcohol is my morning drink, and drink preference varies, what do you think, Byul?" Wheein asked and she settled on a seat beside Hyejin.

"Whatever floats your boat, Whee..." Byul said and she smiles, but Hyejin is already shooting her deadly glares. "Come on! I missed this girl, I would give her the world if she asks me to." Byul said and Wheein giggled.

"See?" Wheein said taunting Hyejin. "Anyway, let's start so I can make some money for my best girl," Wheein said looking at Hyejin as she rests her head on Hyejin's shoulder.

"Thank you," Hyejin said pulling out some papers and the flash drive. "The song for Loving One Person is there, lyrics and demo. Wheein and I recorded it, so you'll know the arrangement of the two vocal leads for the song." Hyejin said and she gave another flash drive to Byul. "This one is for Wheein's comeback."

"Feature? Solo?" Byul asked and Hyejin raised an eyebrow and smiled slyly.

"Solo comeback song..." Hyejin confirmed and Byul clapped her hands. 

"Wooo! Fa-fa-Finally! We can earn everything! Shared Royalties ." Byul said and Hyejin nods happily.

"Right? I told you. I'm good at this." Hyejin said and winked, Wheein lifts her head from Hyejin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter