Better Than I Thought

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Please, I know. 4k words, shameful. I just had to make wheesun not meet yet T.T Also, the good bits will be on the last two chapters. This is the first time I'm uploading what feels like a filler chapter and I hate it, I don't like short chapters I am cringing pressing the upload button. Anyway, here you go, I hope you still enjoy this and stay for the last two!

++++++++++++++++++

JUNE 2020

It's been weeks since the whole circus Manager Lee made against STAR and Yongsun, but it didn't even leave a scratch on the actress' reputation. Though there are a lot of questions still hanging in the air, unanswered, Yongsun made it back to work feeling as good as new, well, kind of, Wheein's spending time away with Hyoyeon so she really didn't know how the other half involved in the scandal is doing, she's taking her break when Jieun suddenly approaches her and sit down with her. 

"Hi, Yong..." she started and Yongsun gave her a smile. "I hope you're fine, I heard all about it."

Yongsun gave her a smile and nods as she diverts her eyes from Jieun. "I am fine, and I never felt so free, I mean yes, we did get a beating from people, but this is not what I expected..." then Yongsun looked at Jieun as she gave her a smile. "I could've done this earlier, and that I regret."

"So it's true? About you and Wheein?" Yongsun nodded, smiling, Jieun scoots over to her co-star and placed a reassuring hands on top of Yong's. "Well, at least you're not hiding it anymore." IU giggled when she remembered something. She then laid her back against her chair and recalled things. "Somewhere around 2016, I know you've heard that I worked with her?" Yongsun nods, smiling, its so refreshing to talk to someone about Wheein and not caring about any other things, but then, Wheein is not hers anymore, that made her sad. "I actually tried asking her out, I'm sorry I didn't know she was in a relationship with you at the time." IU blushed to recall those moments she wishes to forget. Yongsun just listened to her story, "She actually straight-up rejected me like she didn't even think about it for a second, she just told me "NO", now I know why, and I don't feel bad about it anymore. But I hold a grudge after that, now I feel bad." this made Yongsun smile.

"Well... she's the loyal one in the relationship-" Yongsun paused, then she remembered Hyoyeon and Wheein's relationship now. "-always the loyal one," Yongsun knows she accepted her defeat already, but now it is clearer than ever, Wheein will never leave Hyoyeon for anyone because she's the loyal one...always.

"I just hope you're both in a good place, are you guys okay? Personally?"

"Yes, we actually talk things out, we're friends," Yongsun said and IU smiled at her.

"Good for you then, I hope you find someone too, both of you deserves to be happy, I mean last week was pure hell for you guys, good thing she decided to stay away for a while, but you're here going through it."

"I'm just happy she wasn't hurt as bad as before... I'm actually proud of her, how much she's grown."

IU pats Yongsun in the back as she stood up. "I bet you have grown too, Yong. Try giving yourself a credit sometimes, stop being too hard on yourself."

"That actually helps, you know what? I'll do that. Thank you." Yongsun said as she watches IU regroup with their team.

Yongsun took her phone out and dialed Byul's number. "Chairman Moon..."

You know what? off-

"I was just kidding, jeez."

What do you want? I'm busy.

"Well, I need to talk to you, about important things. When are you free?"

I'm never free, is it an official business? I'll make Minsoo put you on schedule if you want...

"I business and personal..."

Oh? Okay then. Meet you tomorrow night? How's that sound?

"Fantastic."

+++++++

Wheein was just hanging out on the front porch of Hyoyeon's house when the older girl's head pop over her shoulders to look over what Wheein must have been doing for hours.

"What's that?"

"I'm trying to fit these lyrics to the music they sent me..." Wheein said as she removed one pod out of her ear to talk to Hyoyeon.

"Work?" Hyoyeon asked as she sits on Wheein's side. The singer nodded and showed her laptop screen to Hyoyeon. "Angel?"

"Yes? Yong's singing this. That's what I'm told. Hyejin asks me to write some lines for it." Wheein said as she looked over to Hyoyeon with a cup of coffee in her hands. "Is that for me?" Hyoyeon nods and gave it to Wheein. "Thanks."

"Are you sure you're okay writing that now? I mean, we're just one week in, you can rest and then do all work stuff when you recovered."

"Well, I want to keep my schedule work free so that's why I'm prioritizing this now, can we at least go somewhere? I thought we are vacationing, Unnie."

"We are, yes, but what if you're seen with me?"

"and that's a problem because?"

"Well... it's not."

"They already think we're dating, god I hope, but it's not a big deal, we are two friends hanging out. So... tomorrow? Please?"

"When you finished that, then yes," Hyoyoen said and she stood up, Wheein lose grip on her mug and it fell to the ground, Wheein set her laptop aside and started picking up the glass-

"Ouch!" Wheein shouted and Hyoyeon immediately snatched her hands.

"Why would you touch it? It's hot and sharp! Wheein, oh god, you're such a child. Are you okay?" Hyoyeon said as she immediately wipes the blood off Wheein's fingers.

"No, Hyonnie, I just feel like bleeding today."

"Stop! Oh god-"

"Hey hey... I'm fine, it's nothing-" Wheein held her finger in the air and showed it to Hyoyeon. "See? It's fine."

"Let me take care of that real quick..." Hyoyeon drags Wheein inside and she treats her finger, Wheein just watches her with a smile.

Hyoyeon caught her looking. "What?"

"Why can't we be?"

"Wheein..."

"I don't understand, I still can't-"

"We've talked about this," Hyoyeon said as she finally places the bandage on Wheein's hands. "Look, what I told you that night won't change."

"But you took care of me, for a really long time, I know my presence here is hurting you but-"

"Shhh shhh..." Hyoyeon shushed Wheein and placed her palms on Wheein's cheeks. "We were friends before we became... you know..."

" buddies?" Wheein asked innocently and this made Hyoyeon laugh.

"Yes, before that. I will always take care of you, Wheein. I am not leaving you, I just... I know that deep down you want her, and I really don't want to get involved in a relationship like that. I love myself enough to not let myself become a second choice..."

"But you are not..." Wheein looked down and Hyoyeon just smiled at her.

"Wheein... you know you can't lie to me. It will hurt me more if you keep looking at me like that, if you keep treating me like that, I don't want any pity, okay?" Wheein nods.

"I'm sorry, Hyonnie." Wheein apologizes and Hyoyeon gladly accepts her apology every single time.

"You know what? You wouldn't be able to type now so let's just go out, walk around? What do you think?" Hyoyeon asked and Wheein smiled and nodded. "Wow, you're such a kid." Wheein pouted. "Don't change..." Wheein threw herself at Hyoyeon and hugged her.

"Thank you so much, Hyonnie."

Wheein and Hyoyeon decided to search for some art galleries near her place, Wheein was just so excited to do that, ever since she started her singing career full time, she really hasn't got the time to deal with this side of herself, going in this vacation is all she needs. 

"Hyonnie, look! There's more in there!" Wheein shouted but Hyoyeon wasn't there when she turned around. Wheein started looking around but she can't find Hyoyeon around so she dialed her number and she felt relieve when her call was answered. "Hyonnie! Where are you-"

Sorry, I just got a call from my mom so I had to get out and answer it, then I saw this food truck outside-

"What?! What food truck?!" Wheein asked and started walking towards the exit. "I'm coming." Wheein went out searching for Hyoyeon. "I'm outside, where are you?"

Just here... walk to your left. Yes like that.

"You can see me? Then come get me, Hyonnie!" Wheein whined on her phone as she looked around, Hyoyeon ducked on one of the post giggling at Wheein. "Hyonnie!"

Just keep walking!

"Okay... ugh..." Wheein started walking slowly to her left.

Warmer...warmer-

"Just tell me where you are, Hyonnie!" Wheein winning on her phone and she heard Hyoyeon laughing on the other side of the call.

Keep walking, Pup... Warmer... Come on, keep walking...

"Ugh..."

Okay warmer-hot... hotter... oh god you're so hot-

"Hyonnie!" Wheein shouted then she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from the back. Wheein turned around and Hyoyeon is laughing her off. "Why would you do that?"

"You're so cute, I just had to do it." Hyoyeon said and she offered Wheein to bite on the hot pork buns that she bought. "Taste it."

Wheein bites and she actually loved it. "That is so good!"

"Right?" Hyoyeon said smiling and they are already having a blast. "God, I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too, once we got y'know... separated officially. It's three years worth of relationship."

"Well, just promised me that if you're going to cheat on me, please have a better taste in mistress."

This made Wheein laugh, Hyoyeon always making her laugh. "I'll keep that in mind, Unnie." but then their decisions seem right because, at this moment, she can't stop thinking about Yongsun and how is she dealing everything back in Korea.

~~~~~~~~~

Yongsun and Byul finally made it to have dinner together, Byul can't help but look at Yongsun who's obviously, uneasy.

"Talk..." Byul said and Yongsun was snapped out of her thought. She looked up to see Byul looking at her intently. "I can't read your mind, Yong. You got to start telling me things..."

Yongsun took her napkin, wipe her lips, folded it, and placed it on top of the table. Dramatics. "I want out..."

Byul chocked on her food and immediately drink her glass of wine through the bottom. "Excuse me? What?"

"I just realized, I'm never gonna be happy... you know, to the place the caused me great pain and anxiety. I mean... sure I survived being outed, but this isn't the life I wanted..."

"Yong... this is literally your dream-"

"Before I met Wheein... Yes..." Yongsun said and Byul's facial expression shifted. "-and I stayed, you know I stayed, for three years I've worked hard, all those achievements, old Kim Yongsun would've been over the clouds. It scared me because I feel like I'm exhausting myself for nothing... I'm not happy anymore..."

"Yong..."

"Don't worry... It's not like I'm ruining Wheein's current relationship, I didn't even push through with my plan."

"What plan?"

"You know, win Wheein back?"

"Why? You have to do it!" Byul urges, but she remembered Hyejin specifically t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter