Temptation

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Before the hell break loose, I just wanna say that I got carried away writing this chapter? So it's pretty long and I apologize in advance if long chapters bore you. Really sorry. Anyway, here's another one from the past. I drop hints. Figured out which is which lol. Thank you to those who subscribe to this story and the comments, that means a lot really.

ALSO, this is a wheesun centric fic, If you want something for Hwabyul's plot just drop your suggestions in the comments. So I'll know if I can do something about it. lol

+++++++++

APRIL 2015

After that NYE party, Yongsun, Byul, Wheein, and Hyejin are inseparable. Between their business ties on STAR companies, they all started hanging out as close friends, they will spend Byul and Yongsun's day off on a weekend where the university girls are free to hang out. Even the Hallyu scoop pick up the story and made a detailed timeline of their friendship. They are now called Kim Yongsun's squad or #KYSsquad as tagged photos on their social media.

All four of them are always seen together on a night out or even a simple meal outside, tonight is not an exemption.

Today will be the 8th Korea Drama Awards and everyone, well almost everyone is rooting for Autumn Letter to take home the big wins for tonight. The drama got 8 nominations out of 15 categories for the night, Kim Yongsun and Kim Seokjin took one each on both of their roles for Best New Actress and Best New actor, respectively.

KIM YONGSUN PENTHOUSE (for reference)

Byul was standing behind Yong’s makeup chair as she checks the actress’s reflection on the mirror, the whole staff for Yong’s Hair and makeup are all over her. Yong was wearing her all-black outfit to match Byul’s all-white suit.

“I’ll bet you already prepared your speech for later,” Byul said and Yongsun started giggling confirming that she really did prepare a speech for later.

“Why do you keep doing that knowing full well I already have done it?” Yongsun said and Byul just shrugs. “Anyway, have you talk to your dad?”

“About?”

“Once you took over STAR, can you still be my manager?”

“Oh? That well-uhm he gave you to Mr. Lee, you know? The PR Head, he trusts him.”

“What? You know I did not like him, Byul.”

“I know that, but dad told me he can get you famous, and he’s really good at his job,” Byul said and she saw Yongsun pouted. “I promise you. I’ll still be overseeing your projects.” She said reassuring her friend.

“I guess there’s no way out of that huh?”

“And dad didn’t like the idea of pairing you with Jin exclusively, so I really didn’t have any choice.”

“That’s fine-” Yongsun stopped when they heard her doorbell goes.

“That must be Wheein and Hyejin, let me get that,” Byul said when she saw one staff stood up to check the door.

Since Shadow wasn’t nominated tonight, Hyejin and Wheein decided to just watch the live broadcast of the award show on Yong’s place because her TV Set is gigantic, also, they decided to have the after-party at Yong’s place after her big win (they are sure of it).

Byul opened the door and saw Hyejin alone, carrying two bags of groceries. She took one of the bags from Hyejin’s arms and she made her way straight to Yong’s kitchen but stopped to look at Byul from head to toe.

“You look rich on that suit,” Hyejin said as she opened the fridge and started stacking the groceries inside.

“I am rich,” Byul said and she helped Hyejin unpacking the bags. “Where’s Wheein?”

“Oh? Her Unnie from the university will be leaving tomorrow for Japan, her friends went to her house and help her pack.”

“So Wheein’s not gonna make it tonight?”

As soon as Byul asked the question, Yong’s head whipped in their direction. “What do you mean Wheein’s not coming?”

“I didn’t say that I said she’s currently busy doing some stuff, she’ll get here before you two came back. She’s on a send-off party at the moment, geez.” Hyejin said and when she opened the freezer she saw stacks of meat. “Ya! There’s already too much meat here, and I also bought some.”

“Wheein likes it, so I told my secretary to grab some on her way here,” Byul said as she helps Hyejin clean the kitchen counter.

“How do you know that Wheein likes meat?”

"I didn't, Yong told me," Byul said and a smile grew on Hyejin's face. "Why?"

"Nothing..." Hyejin said as she folds the paper bags and put it on the trash. 

STAR HMU team finished glamming up Yongsun and she finally made her way to her kitchen where Byul and Hyejin were talking.

"Wow, I just saw the entirety and you look so good, I know you'll win," Hyejin said that made Yongsun smile.

"When it comes from you, I know I will. You're Wheein's lucky charm, I hope it works on me too." 

"You're welcome..."

"Anyway... Why is Wheein running late?"

"She just attended a send-off party for one of her Seniors from the university," Hyejin said and she sat down taking her little crunchy snack.

"Isn't she the senior? You guys are graduating next month right?"

"Well, a senior uh she's a senior when Wheein and I are freshmen? They were pretty close, they're on the same org in the university that's why." Hyejin said and Byul jumped out of her seat causing Yong and Hyejin's shocked faces. "What the hell?"

"We're running late! Yong, Let's go!"

"No, we're not? and being early on a red carpet isn't r really VIP looking." Yong said and Byul's jaw literally dropped as she slowly looks at Hyejin's direction.

"See what I have to deal with? This is a winless Kim Yongsun, imagine if she wins tonight." Byul said and Hyejin just shrugs.

"Just brace yourself then, Byul. She'll win tonight."

"Ugh, I need Wheein to be here so I can survive tonight, please call her!" Byul said as she literally started dragging Yong out of her house. As soon as the staff left with Byul and Yong, Hyejin made herself comfortable, grab a box of cereal, and brought in on the couch. She sent Wheein a quick text and started munching the cereal out of the box and opened the TV channel for the KD awards broadcast.

Wheein pulled her phone out when she felt it vibrating on her pocket, she saw Hyejin's texts then she felt a pair of arms wrapped on her waist. "Geez! You almost gave me a heart attack."

"What? I'm just making up for the time I won't be here." Hyoyeon said as she ruffles Wheein's hair. "Let's go inside! Everyone's waiting for your Shadow performance."

"My what now?" Hyoyeon dragged Wheein inside and everyone started cheering. "Hyonnie!!!"

"For me? Please?" the older girl begged and Wheein pretended on throwing a little tantrum.

"Come on! Before you become even more famous, at least we can brag to our kids that once in our life Jung Wheein sang for us during our barbeque sessions!" 

"Jung Wheein! Jung Wheein!"

"Come on, Wheein!"

Everybody is cheering for her, so she stood up, grab a water bottle, and gave her friends a hell out of performances, yes, she sang three songs. Everyone cheered after she finishes all three, and she saw Hyoyeon smiling at her. "What?"

"I'm just... I'm going to miss everyone, especially you." 

"Come back soon, you promised to produce one of my songs in the future. I'll hold you accountable for that." Wheein said and Hyoyeon nods. "I already miss you."

"Awww my little baby Wheein, come here, come to mommy-"

"Yaaa! I hate you!" Wheein pouted and Hyoyeon just gave her a smile.

"No, you don't."

"I don't," 

Wheein spends a lot of her time with the squad but Hyejin is trying to reach her nonstop. "Whee, is that Hyejin? You can go now, you know?"

"I know but-"

"Shhhh..." Hyoyeon stood up and she pulled Wheein up, they got a lot of boos from the squad. "I'll walk you out."

"I'm sorry..."

"Hey? It's fine, I'll be back soon. Thanks for stopping by, Wheein."

"Well... Uhm-Hyonnie, I actually have something-"

"Tell me when I get back? Okay? Go. Hyejin's gonna hate me, I don't want that." Hyoyeon said and Wheein's face dropped. "Don't be sad."

"When are you going to take me seriously?"

"When you stop looking like a baby," Hyoyeon said and it made Wheein smile. "Send my regards to everyone, I hope your show wins tonight, we'll be watching."

"Thanks... Bye, Hyonnie!"

"See you soon!" Hyoyeon waved goodbye at Wheein happily.

Wheein literally shaking as she took the bus on her way to Yongsun's place. She missed a lot already. She was greeted by Hyejin's death stare as soon as she opened the door. "What the actual , Whee?"

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time." Wheein and she took her shoes off and joined Hyejin in the living room. "Have you been eating all of these alone?!" Wheein exclaimed as soon as she saw how messy Yongsun's immaculate living room is. Wheein started picking up everything she can put in the trash. When she's already satisfied, she stopped cleaning and joined Hyejin for real. She grabs a can of beer and watched the broadcast.

"How did it go?" Hyejin said and Wheein just raised her eyebrow. "Did you tell her?"

"She didn't let me... again."

"Awww..." Hyejin crawled her way to Wheein and hug her friend. "It's just a crush, it will pass, okay? Why don't you try looking somewhere... closer?"

"Who? You?" Wheein said and Hyejin immediately smacks Wheein's face with a bag of chips.

"Not this close," Hyejin said and she scoots closer to Wheein. "What about... Ms. Kim?"

"Are you ing kidding me?" Wheein said and Hyejin just look at her with her 'so what?' face. "Kim Yongsun? Oh god, you're crazy. Just name someone within my reach... and preferably gay. Thank you very much."

"You're so uptight sometimes, Whee." Hyejin said and its time for Wheein's judging look at her best friend. "Well, let's keep this secret between us, let's say she likes you, would you?"

"I would not."

"Ehh? Why not?"

"We're really good friends, I don't want it to change. We're having a blast hanging out with this famous and I might add? Very gorgeous actress and this Multibillion heiress? I can't even believe I just said that, but you get my point?"

"Yeah, butI'm asking hypothetically... would you fuc-" Hyejin stopped when Wheein shoves a large piece of cake on .

"Drop it! It would never happen." Wheein said and Hyejin sighed as she tries to munch the cake to pieces.

Autumn Letter current tally of awards, 2 wins, and 3 categories left for the night and the daesang. Min Dohee who won last year's best new actress award from Reply 1994 went up to the stage as she will be presenting the best new actress for this year.

"Okay... This is already in the bag." Hyejin said as she sits on the couch comfortably as Wheein is literally on edge.

"Please, win. This will make her totally happy."

"And this year's Best New Actress goes to..."

"Please please..." Wheein praying on her seat as Hyejin looked at her idiot friend as she giggles because of the sight by herself.

"... Kim Yongsun from Autumn Letter! Kim Yongsun's delicate and emotional acting and realistic character have been praised for establishing a female character unmatched amongst her competitor in this new era of Korean drama in televisions." Dohee announced and the camera panned on Yongsun who's already standing and hugging Byul and Jin who's sitting beside her. Wheein was literally jumping up and down on Yong's living room as Hyejin lazily drinks her beer still sitting.

"Wooooooo!" Wheein shouted and Hyejin pulled her friend to sit the down.

"Wowwww." Yongsun started. "First of all, I just wanted to thank STAR Studios for putting so much trust in me, Mr. Moon, my best friend Byul, my co-star Seokjin, and all of the staff who's been part of Autumn Letter's success and run. Thank you. To my fans, who's always there, whenever and wherever, Thank you, my Angels!" Yongsun bowed and exits the stage.

It didn't even last long since Yong went to the stage, Kim Soohyun who won last year's Daesang for My love from the star went to the stage to present this year's Daesang award.

"Okay, now this, I'm not quite sure..." Hyejin said as she held hands with Wheein.

"And this year's daesang award goes to..." Soohyun opened the envelop and smile at the camera. "I think this is the first time in history, I just wanted to say I want to work with this person in the future... Korea Drama awards Daesang for this year goes to... KIM YONGSUN, AUTUMN LETTER!" The camera zoomed in to Yong's face and it is evident that she's really shocked. How can I new actress win a daesang on her first year?!

Wheein and Hyejin jumped up and down the living room as they hug each other, Yongsun literally drags Byul to the stage. She can't accept it alone this time. "What?! Wow. Thank you, Mr. Kim Soohyun." Yong with wide open looked at her best friend, Byul took the bouquet from Yong's hands and let the girl hold her trophy as she speaks. "First of all, to all daesang candidates for tonight, I wanted to share this award with everyone, I really believe that we all deserve, thank you for being my inspirations and role model while I was growing up, wanting to be an actress in a family of doctors. I really thought to have one award and didn't prepare a speech for this, I'm so happy to share this stage with my best friend. She the first person who bets on me, and she deserves this as much as I do. I already said this and I'll just repeat it, to the STAR heads, staff, co-stars and the fans! Thank you so so much! I also wanted to thank Wheein and Hyejin, who's watching right now, can you believe this? Ahhh! Thank you!"

Wheein and Hyejin's eyes grew wide in shock and started jumping up and down again when they heard Yong mentioned their names, this time Hyejin went on the top of the couch and started jumping. Wheein run towards the TV monitor arms wide opened and kissed the TV-

"Arghh!" Wheein groaned in pain and Hyejin immediately run towards her friend with a bloody mouth. "I think I just cut my lips-"

"It is CUT." Hyejin tried to guide Wheein to the Kitchen's sink and wash Wheein's face. "What an idiot. What do you think you're doing? What happened?"

"It's nothing, I'm just clumsy..." Wheein said and Hyejin looked at her suspiciously, "I didn't know what I was doing, okay? I tried kissing the TV"

"Oh my gosh-" Hyejin burst out laughing as she grabs an ice pack from the fridge. "Hold it, I'm gonna search for Yong's first aid kit."

"It's not that deep-"

"Oh? So you'd rather be seen by Yong and Byul with busted lips? How are you gonna explain that?"

"Okay, you have a point," Wheein said and Hyejin saw the award show's about to close as she walks past the TV in the living room, she needs to hurry. 

After Hyejin tends on Wheein's cut lip, they prepared their barbeque set up on Yong's spacious balcony, just outside her kitchen. Wheein and Hyejin started the grill when they heard the door unlocked. Hyejin and Wheein run towards the door and greeted the two. Hyejin grabbed the two awards from Yong's hands and placed it on the floor as the four of them held hands and started jumping around together.

"Congratulations! Congratulations!~" as they sing a congratulatory song for their friends.

"Ahhh! Thank you!" Yongsun said in delight and Byul is just smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm glad you made it." Byul said as she gave Wheein a hug.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to send you off earlier." Byul just shrugs it off and started walking to the comfort room.

"I'll change clothes first, this is very itchy, I can't-" she said rushing to the CR.

"I'll check on the grill as well-" Wheein said and Hyejin followed her outside. Wheein is blowing to keep the fire stick on the coal when Yongsun noticed the band on Wheein's lips.

"What happened?" Yong asked and Hyejin giggled that made her notice Wheein's face turning red.

"Oh? Its nothing, I cut it earlier. It's fine now." Wheein said hoping Yong accept her explanation as she throws daggers on Hyejin's direction.

"It looks pretty bad-" Yong said as she checks Wheein face.

"Isaiditsfine-" Wheein said as she tries to compose herself.

"Well, that's what you get from kissing-"

"Hyej! Shut the up!" Wheein said and threw a bag of chips on Hyejin's direction.

Yongsun pouted when she remembered Wheein's at a party earlier, she sighed. "I guess the party was pretty wild earlier huh?"

Wheein's jaw dropped and she just nods awkwardly. "Yeahhhh... Can we not talk about this anymore? Its embarrassing."

"Sure..." Yong said and Byul finally made her way to the balcony and Yong left to change.

Byul was holding a brown envelope and Hyejin starts smiling, then Wheein felt something was off. "What's happening?"

"We have to wait for Yong, she'll kill me if I do this without her," Byul said and Hyejin agreed, which is unusual. 

"Interesting..." Wheein said as she started feeding herself with some meat. "Ahh! I loved it."

"Well, this is part 1 of your birthday celebration," Byul said and Wheein just nods, she doesn't care anymore, she just wants to eat.

"No, this is for Yong. I don't have anything to celebrate today, tomorrow's my birthday, I don't want to rob Yong her party. This is her night-"

"Well, the night's-"

"Byulyi, I swear to god open your mouth one more time and I'll punch you. Stop dropping hints!" Hyejin shouted and Byul pretends to zip her lips.

"What hints?" Yong came in her PJs. Byul waved the brown envelop and Yong starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter