My Star

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: It's been a while guys. lmao. I'm sorry, I was so busy at everything. Before we get into this, I want to pour my heart out and thank everyone of you, I never thought to have this much support? My objective writing this because I was out of Wheesun fanfic to read lmao here's where it all started I swear! I tweeted this.

and then this happened? What the ? Anyway, that's all. Grammars and Spelling errors, let it be. It ain't hurting anyone. Enjoy!

+++++++++++

AUGUST 2020

Hyejin, Hyoyeon, Byul, and Yongsun made their way backstage as Wheein says her last message to her fans. They prepared balloons and cake to surprise Wheein backstage. All four of them are truly over the moon for Wheein's achievements, these four people, yes, including Yongsun (who happens to have a shrine of all things Wheein merch on her home), have become Wheein's biggest supporters over the years.

Wheein finally came in to her dressing room and the place erupted with cheers and a couple of party poppers that made Wheein smile wide as ever, Yongsun finally seeing that smile again makes her heart flutter in so many ways she can't explain. She was about to take a step towards Wheein when Hyejin pulled her by the arms, Yongsun looked over to Hyejin and the girl is looking at Hyoyeon's direction.

"Give this to her, she deserves this," Hyejin said and Yongsun finally realized what was happening. Hyoyeon waited for Wheein and the girl run towards her and gave her a hug... they will part ways... as Hyoyeon will start her own club tour in Asia.

"My Wheein..." Hyoyeon said as Wheein wrapped her arms around the girl.

"Please don't go..." Wheein said looking at the girl.

"You know I'm already on a tight schedule? and You're also leaving later right?" Hyoyeon asked and Wheein nodded and she gave the younger girl a smile. "I'll see you when you get back okay?"

"I'm going to miss you, you're going to call me every day right?" Wheein asked and Hyoyeon never saw Wheein like this, the girl grew her dependency on the older girl. This is good for both of them, she babied Wheein and she needs to stand on her own, and Hyoyeon knows she can. "This is the first time that we're going to be away from each other..."

"I know, Pup. Hyejin's with you, she'll keep me updated for sure." Hyoyeon looked at her phone and reminded that's it's already time. "I should go..."

"Hmm...k..." Wheein frowned and Hyoyeon gave her a kiss on her cheeks.

"Smile..." Wheein smiled. "Bye, Pup."

"Bye, Hyonnie..." they gave each other a hug before Hyoyeon said her goodbye to everybody and left. 

Wheein finally made her way to her team, the staff, her backup dancers she gave everyone a hug and thank them as she goes over everyone, she also went out and bought gifts for every crew and staff that's been part of the tour. she's grateful. While everyone was cheering Wheein, three pairs of eyes were just watching on the sidelines, beaming with pride and joy.

Wheein finally made her way towards the group and Hyejin immediately enveloped her best friend in a hug. "I am so damn proud of you, welcome back, Pup." 

Wheein smiled as they hug and held into Hyejin tighter. "It's because of you... If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here anymore, so thank you."

Hyejin held back a sob, this is making her a little too emotional and she hates it. "-and I'll do that, over and over again if I have to. I'm always going to be here, even if you try getting away from me."

"I would never... again." Wheein placed a kiss on Hyejin's cheek and then she walk to Byul and gave her a tender hug. "Thanks, Byul, for the trust and all... I mean, all of these are possible because of you." Wheein then broke the hug and Byul pinched her cheeks.

"Of course, I'll take you back, dumb . Why not? You're one of my most treasured stars, literally...a treasure." Byul made Wheein giggled with her words.

"Thank you, I wont disappoint you ever again."

"You never did," Byul said and then Wheein walk over to Yongsun who is just watching in the corner, Yong felt a tug on her tongue why the she can't speak? She has a lot to say.

"Hi, Yong..." Wheein greeted, no hug, Yong frowned. "Thank you, I mean you literally squeeze this show on your busy schedule, thank you for coming," Wheein said and she smiled. She was waiting for Yong for an answer but the woman is just standing there, looking at her. "Yong?" Yongsun nodded. Byul and Hyejin were just watching and about to burst in laughter, how Kim Yongsun, singlehandedly embarrassed herself. "Okay, you take care." Wheein smiled and she turned around. Wheein approached Hyejin and asked to be dropped off on her house, though she has still more hours before their flight, she'd rather spend it sleeping than partying all night that might solely affect her mood tomorrow as they travel.

"Wheein-" Yong finally called and Wheein looked at her. "Have a safe trip..."

"Thanks, Yong," Wheein said and she left with Hyejin. Byul just watch her friend and she knows what exactly happening in her head, she's probably giving herself a kick in the .

"What was that, Yong?" Byul said and Yongsun looked at her friend, dead in the eyes.

"I can't..." Yongsun said as horror took over her eyes. When Byul felt like Yongsun is gonna have a break down she drags her friend outside into a dark corner in the hallway.

"What do you mean  you can't?" 

"She's so happy, she's literally so happy now. I don't want to ruin it-"

"-ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?! Yongsun, what the hell? What are you thinking? You are not ruining everything-"

"But what if I hurt her again? What if I disappoint her again? I don't want it-"

"You sound so dumb right now? Do you think you'll repeat what you did to her before? Do you think so?" Byul asked and Yongsun thought about the things she has done wrong before, no, she is not the same person. She shakes her head as Byul nodded. "Exactly, what you did from the past didn't only change Wheein, it also changes you. I don't want my best friend to live her life with regrets, now a door opened for you, Yong. You don't have to be perfect, just be worthy of that second chance,"

"Okay, I'll do it, I'll work hard for it, because she's worth another fight, Byul... I love her so much."

"I know that, and I can see that."

~~~~~~~

Wheein and Hyejin's plane finally landed at LAX, and Hyejin is already getting on Wheein's nerves who haven't had a proper sleep yet from her concert last night.

"Ugh! I called them already, why is there no staff around here?" Hyejin whines as she and Wheein just stood there to wait for people who assigned to get them from the airport, Wheein felt like she finally able to relax after the sea of people they just went pass through on their way to the lounge but no, Hyejin got to be whinny about it.

"Hyejinnnnn... stop... you're making my headache worse!" Wheein shouted as she slumped to the couch.

"These suitcases are so freaking heavy! If you could've helped me carry the other one then I should've been fine-"

"Who told you to bring too many suitcases? No one!" Wheein shouted and Hyejin's eyes went to Wheein's as if she's about to smack some sense out of her.

"Well, who told you to bring that nasty attitude either? No one. Now I'm stuck with both!"

"Ugh! Can everybody just shut up, please!" Wheein said literally tearing her hair down.

"Just ing sleep it out, Whee. You're just frustrated Yong hasn't made a move yet-"

"-no I am not!" Wheein said as she goes away to distance herself from Hyejin who kept nagging at her.

They finally reached their hotel after an hour and Wheein remembered they are sharing a two-bedroom suite. That's fine, as long as there are doors. Hyejin was on the TV watching some shows, well, pretending to watch as she updates Wheein schedule when Wheein suddenly got out of her room after sulking all dressed up, Hyejin raised an eyebrow as she looks at her best friend.

"You don't have an appointment tonight," Hyejin said informing Wheein as she double-checks the singer's schedule.

"Exactly, that's why I'm going out?"

"But we are watching Yongsun tonight, I told you that, She's receiving a milestone award?" Hyejin said and Wheein just sighed.

"It's not like she's not gonna have more of that, right? It's her 5 year anniversary on TV and so what? I'll be there at her 10-"

"Actually... Wheein..." Hyejin said, contemplating if she's going to tell Wheein now or wait.

"What? Just say it."

"I hope she hasn't made up her mind yet, but she's not taking anymore project after loving one person... She's terminating her contract with me." Hyejin said and Wheein's jaw almost dropped to the floor if Hyejin wasn't looking and observing her at the moment.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know if she's taking a break or for good, but she wants out after the series."

"But why?" Wheein can't seem to wrap her head around the thought of Yongsun stop doing what she loves... what she lives for.

"She doesn't want it anymore... that's why this is big for her Wheein... because she may not have something like this anymore."

"Why would she do that?"

"Because she wants too, she knows what she's doing Wheein, just like you are..."

"Alright, I'll just go out and buy a drink, how many hours I've got?"

"The show will start in 3 hours..."

"Okay..." Wheein went out and the thought of Yongsun leaving the industry is still bothering her, at the back of her mind she's partly blaming herself for it, but she can't really say at this point because she hasn't talked to Yongsun yet. Wheein went to a close bar, where she just wanted to chill and think about things on her own, just to deal with everything that is bothering her right now, until-

"Wheein? Oh my god! Jung Wheein?!"

Wheein immediately rolled her eyes as soon as she saw the guy. "Are you ing kidding me-"  she stopped when the guy approached her.

"What are you doing here? In LA?" Eric asked her. "My friend owns this bar, and I thought I saw you came in so I had to check and holy -"

"Eric, we're not friends... Leave me alone..." Wheein said as she emptied her glass, place a bill on the table, she was about to go when Eric blocked her way, so Wheein now standing face to face with Eric. "One more try and this fist gonna fly into your face," Wheein warned Eric and the guy raises his hands to surrender.

"Okay, I get it you hate me-"

"No, I hate you both."

"I get it but I still wanted to say this to you... That I am sorry, for taking advantage of my friendship with Yong. I have been regretting everything since that day, she never looked at me the same-"

"ing hell! Why are you telling me that? Tell that to her, Jesus! Get out of my life you two-"

"No, you don't understand Wheein. You see, I lost Yong, because of that, but she lost you... she lost more... I wanted to apologize-"

"Just off, man," Wheein said pushing Eric out of the way.

"She's so down, Wheein..." Eric said and Wheein stopped, though her back is facing Eric she could hear him clearly. "She died when you broke up with her, I want her to be happy, like how I met her, I became the cause of her unhappiness... I want you to at least-"

"I don't care, Eric... Okay? I will or will not give her a second chance, that's up to me. Pretend you don't see me."

"I'm sorry, Wheein."

" off, man. You are not coming back to our lives." Wheein said and she hurried back to their hotel room and found Hyejin sitting in front of the TV.

"You're back early..." Hyejin said as she pats the space next to her inviting Wheein to sit down.

"Yeah, I feel like my demons came to haunt me down so I decided to just go back," Wheein said as she kicks her shoes off from her feet and uses Hyejin's lap as her pillow.

"Aww... Alright, now you can watch the red carpet with me." Hyejin said as she runs her hands on Wheein's forehead. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yup, I can manage," Wheein said and they just watch the TV. Once Yongsun appeared on the TV Wheein felt like the same feeling she felt before, Hyejin and her sharing a TV to watch Yong win her nominations, but this time they are granting her for her flawless run in the television for 5 years, with 5 daesang on each consecutive years, a status not everyone can achieve.

"Are you excited for her, Pup?" Hyejin asked as soon as she saw Wheein's knees bouncing up and down in excitement. 

"I am, and she deserves more of this," Wheein said her eyes were fixed on the TV.

"Then you tell her that-"

"Shhh! It's her time!"

They watched the MC introduce Yongsun in such a way she deserves, it's like she's receiving a Hall Of Fame award at a young age. Wheein is so proud, and Hyejin is so happy for her, that she wouldn't have to see her best friend suppressing her feelings for the actress. Hyejin's eyes never leaving Wheein, she looks like a kid watching her favorite TV show. Wheein's eyes were fixed at Yongsun walking towards the center of the stage, Yongsun stood there alone, looking as elegant as ever, prim and proper, a real A-list celeb if you ask Wheein.

"Good evening, wow, this is indeed a milestone to my career. To Korea Entertainment Awards, thank you so much for recognizing my work in this industry thank you. To my management, STAR, Moonbyulyi, Ahn Hyejin, thank you for trusting and betting on me, I appreciate every bit of it. To my fans... who never left my side and supported all of my projects, thank you so much this is all for you. I hope whatever decision I have for the future, you will still continue supporting me..." and then the whole place erupted in cheers and applause, Wheein clapped her hands as if she's on that place with Yong, watching her live in person, Hyejin had to drag Wheein down to the couch to sit down, and then the saw Yongsun smiled. "Oh! and of course, to anyone tempted to kiss the TV tonight, please don’t cut your lip... Good luck with your show by the way! I'll be tuning in..." with that more cheers and Yongsun left the stage smiling.

Wheein's jaw dropped as she covered , Hyejin's eyes grew wide in shock as Wheein caught off guard by Yongsun's speech. "Pup... Why are you crying?" It was that moment when Wheein brings her hands to her cheeks and felt that she is in fact crying, she didn't even notice. Hyejin smiled and run her hands on Wheein's back. "You should at least congratulate her,"

Yongsun made it to her car with Byul to drop her off on her house when she suddenly heard a familiar noise she hasn't heard before, it's the notification sound assigned for Wheein and Wheein only, Byul heard Yong gasp so she looks at her as the actress search for her phone.

"Yongsun? Is everything okay?" Byul asked watching Yong almost took out everything on her bag, finally found what she's searching for, she opened her phone and saw Wheein's post.

"Oh my god-" Yongsun held her phone and pressed her other hand on her left chest, she took Byul's hand and presses it over her left chest.

"What is wrong with you?" Byul asked then Yong showed her the post.

As Byul was reading the post, a notification popped out from Yong's notification bar. "She just messaged you-"

She didn't let Byul finished as she immediately opens Wheein's message.

"Oh my god-" Yongsun said as she scans through her phone. "I need to go there-"

"What?! No! You can't you have work on Monday, Yong." Byul said and Yong shakes her head.

"It's Thursday..."

"She's in the U.S? She's far-"

"This can't wait, I can't wait," Yong said booking her flight as early as possible. 

"She has a show there tonight Yong, you can't just go in there, are you crazy?"

"Yes, Byul, maybe I am crazy. Who cares?" Yongsun said and she smiled widely, "I'm leaving in two hours."

"YONGSUN!" Byul shouted and Yong called the driver's attention.

"When you drop me off, please wait for me as I get my passport, and then drop me off Incheon. Thank you." Yongsun said as she literally bounces up and down to her seat.

"KIM YONGSUN!" Byul shouted and Yong looked at her with pleading doe eyes.

"Byul... She just gave me a chance, that I never thought I would have, but she did. I dont care, I am going and I'm seeing her..."

"People in LA will recognize you, Yong."

"It's so good to finally be able to say this now, but... I don't care, I don't care being seen, being in love with Wheein is what made me the happiest, and because that is the truth, that's where I am going to be." Yongsun said as she slightly tries to control the tears. "To be able to hold her, again... It'll make me the happiest and that's good enough for me."

"Okay, you have until Monday," Byul said. "Loving one person shoot already delayed, we can't ask for more time allowances."

"I understand, thank you."

~~~~~~

Wheein was about to go on stage when Hyejin suddenly informs her to meet her in the back after her set. Wheein just brushed her off, as Hyejin smiled. She knows that Wheein's kind of pissed when Yongsun left her on read and she didn't even get a reply from her message, though Yongsun liked her posts, she expects more.

"Come on, cheer up, Pup. Your fans are going to notice that." Hyejin said and Wheein just nods as she jogs in place to calm her nerves. Hyejin then made her way to a rented luxury car where Yongsun is waiting for her inside. "She's really in a bad mood, I told you."

"I just want to surprise her..." Yongsun said as she slumped her body on the reclined seat at the back.

"You should probably get some sleep. Her set is 40 minutes long. We're hanging out here for a bit so at least give us two hours, you'll see her soon."

Yongsun smiled warmly at Hyejin as she nods. "I have waited for three years, two hours is nothing on me. Thank you, Hyejin. You've done so much for me already."

"Then do this for me, Superstar. Make my best friend happy."

Yongsun blushed and nodded. "I'll try..."

Hyejin gave their hotel room pass key to Yong and held to her hand tight. "One shot..." Yongsun nodded and smiled. The car left as Hyejin waits for Wheein to comeback. She's eating on a setup tent when she saw Wheein smiling walking towards her, well, she enjoyed performing, that's good. Wheein got interrupted by at least a group of 6 fans, when they saw where Wheein kept looking, they saw Hyejin and they waved at her. This made Hyejin smile, she became part of Wheein, they are as one.

"Well, someone's pretty famous," Hyejin said as Wheein sat down beside her and grab a slice of what Hyejin must be eating.

"These Americans knew every lyrics to my songs? How they even know that?" Wheein said as she tells Hyejin how excited she was performing in a foreign country. "This is crazy! I love the thrill, they are wilder."

"See? I told you, you're going to have a good time here." Hyejin said and Wheein nodded.

"So are we going out tonight? To celebrate? We have 3 free days before New York right?" Wheein asked, now sipping on Hyejin's drinks.

"Well, something came up to me. I had to meet someone-"

"Here? in LA?" Wheein asked and Hyejin nodded.

"You should rest, we can hang out tomorrow," Hyejin said and Wheein just shrug.

"So I'm going home alone?"

"Yes, do you want to go now?" Hyejin asked trying to su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter