HELLO pt. 1

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: I want to describe this chapter as... the calm before the storm. Enjoy :)

This one's kind of short too and really slow pacing, I just want to show the things happening at the same time that's why. Show two different POVs.

+++++++

MAY 2020

YONGSUN: AFTER ENCOUNTER

"You're trying, I know, let's do this in a simple way..."

"Huh?" Wheein stretches out her hands. "What?" Yong answered in confusion.

"Friends?" Wheein offered her hands with a slight smile. She knows Yong needed this from her, to say the least.

"Oh! I'm supposed to-" Yong took Wheein's hands and shakes it. "Friends... Just friends."

"Good," Wheein said and the two of them just stood there dead silent until Wheein got the courage to break the silence. "I guess we are done now?"

"Yes..." Yongsun said as she stares at Wheein longingly, I still miss her so much, being this near to her and I just... can't do anything about it, it is something I'm not prepared for. I want to hug her, I want to kiss her so bad it hurts, but what else can I do at this point? "Wheein..." Yongsun called as soon as she saw Wheein started walking back inside, the younger girl stopped and looked at Yongsun's direction with curiosity in her eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you, for looking at me again and for letting me make you a part of my life again..."

Wheein smiled, not the usual beaming smile but it's a friendly one because they are friends now, right?. Wheein smiles a lot, she loves smiling at people, the way Yong owned that smile before, she just sighed on how pathetic she looks right now. "To be honest I also want you in my life, I never meant to totally cut you off, we were friends before we had that romantic relationship, it's just that our break up-its uh-"

"Go on...just take it slow and use your words baby," Yongsun said and it made her smile how comfortable it is to talk to Wheein like this again, even Wheein didn't even bated an eye when Yong slipped a baby on her sentence. 

"It's just too painful for me not to let go... I just want to let you know that distancing myself from you after that was the hardest part but it's the only way I could've survived it emotionally, mentally...and physically."

"I get that... I just hope you just-I don't know... gave me time to adjust. I just flatlined without you, and its too hard to act happy when I am breaking inside you know?"

Wheein scoffs. "The way you won almost all your acting nominations during those times-"

"I'm just lucky to keep landing drama roles during those years, I have too much emotion to convey. Crying on set 12 hours a day for a series of scenes helps me a lot, not gonna lie." Yongsun said and Wheein laughed, this girl is really something else.

"I'm glad I became helpful..." Wheein teases Yongsun and Yong walks towards her to go back inside together. "You owe me two daesangs-"

"Three actually-" Yongsun corrected and Wheein shakes her head.

"You're ridiculous..." Wheein opened the back door and let Yong come in first. "I hope you stay and uhm-"

"I'm staying!"

"Yeah and enjoy your night..."

"Congratulations, Wheein. I'm so proud of you, and this is by far your biggest release yet, I hope for your success, for this song... Think about it as my payment for those awards I got because of you."

"Oh? So you want credits on my song now?" Wheein asked as she closed the door behind them and walked together down the dark hallway.

"Nope, I'm actually encouraging you to write more songs about me..." Wheein scoffs and they finally reached the main hall.

"This is the last one, Yong."

"Ehhh? What is that saying again? Never say never." Yongsun and everyone approaches them immediately as Wheein is being grabbed forcefully by Hyejin, checking Wheein's face on both sides, her chin, her forehead-

"Hyej, what are you doing?" Wheein said as she swats Hyejin's hands away from her face. "I'm fine..."

"I'm just checking, I don't trust her that much," Hyejin said shooting a deadly glare on Yong's direction. 

"It's cute you're so worried about me-" Wheein said as she embraces Hyejin in a tight hug and kissed her cheeks, Wheein clearly is in a good mood considering she just had another confrontation with Yong. Everyone seems so confused but it just means that their talk ended well this time.

Hyejin pouted and shove Wheein away. "You're expensive, and I'm a businesswoman, it is my duty to protect my investments," Hyejin said and they all laugh.

"Ouch..." Wheein said as she lets go of her best friend. Then she saw the lady with Yongsun earlier approaches her direction.

"Nice to meet you, Wheein," Chorong said and Wheein got startled a bit and she immediately offered her hand to Yongsun's friend. "Chorong, I'm Yong's friend from LA."

"Oh yeah! Nice to meet you too, Chorong. I hope you have a wonderful stay in Korea."

"I hope so too, this is getting better now though, thanks to you. I'm also a fan."

Wheein blushes and nods that made Chorong smile, this is how exactly Yong described Wheein, she's shy and takes compliments in the cutest way."Ah-Yeah-I meant... thank you. I appreciate it."

"By the way, good luck with the new song-" Chorong said, and then she felt Yongsun started tugging her back. Chorong waved goodbye to Wheein and she graces her with a warm smile before retreating towards Hyo and Seohyun.

"What? I'm just introducing myself, you don't even have the urge to introduce me to her."

"Well yeah yeah, whatever, you're embarrassing me. We just had a good talk and I thought-"

"Come on, if that conversation ended well then we have to celebrate, right?" Chorong said and she smiled at Yongsun wriggling her eyebrows. "Jung Wheein. In the flesh. I can see the appeal." Chorong said drinking alcohol from the glass in her hand.

"You’ve seen her in photos before," Yongsun said and Chorong shrug and laced her arms on Yong's and drag her to their VIP booth upstairs where they were sitting earlier.

"Sure," Chorong acknowledges Yong's argument, and she glances over her shoulder to where Wheein is rejoining her friends Byul and Hyejin with Hyo and Seohyun. "But not like that all closeup. I can see why you're going crazy-"

"Are you here to make me feel better or-"

"Alright alright I'm sorry-wait, but you don't drink? What are you going to do here?" Chorong said and she saw Byul coming their way as Yong ordered some food and a glass of juice from the waiter.

"Hi... give me a glass as well," Byul said to the waiter as she walks past him. She slides on the booth where Chorong and Yong were sitting. 

"Why are you here?" Yong asked and Byul looked at her in shock.

"Why I feel like I'm not welcome here?"

"No no, of course not." Yongsun clarified and she smiled. "I was just meaning for you to eavesdrop of something, you know-"

"Wow... you're hoping I spy over them for you? I'm your boss, Yong. Well, they're leaving and Wheein asked me to stay with you, she told me you might need me here. Looks like she's right, you need me to spy-" Yong hugged Byul and run her hands on her best friend's hair.

"That's not what I mean... Just update me of her whereabouts you know? It's not that hard, she's your employee."

"You're my employee as well..."

"Ahh! Okay fine." Yong said as she hangs out with Byul and Chorong, the support group that she needed. "At least today wasn't a total waste of makeup."

"So do you have anything you want to tell us? What's the tea sis?" Chorong said as she asked for another bottle of wine for their table when the waiter placed Yong and Byul's food and drinks in front of them.

Yongsun looked at her best friends and smiled fully decided to leave out the part where she begged and kneeled for Wheein just to break the wall between them, she still has a reputation to live up to. This time, Yong doesn’t make the mistake of keeping both of her friends in the dark like the last time when she had the same encounter with Wheein on Byul's office, that moment still gave chill on her body just thinking about it.

"You look uncharacteristically happy compare to last time, so the encounter really went well this time huh?" Byul said almost grumbling it as she swirls an olive in her drink.

"Uhm, well Wheein and I talked things out," Yongsun told the two, thinking maybe that’s a good way to put it.

"Like, talked things out," Chorong started and paused, then she continued "Or talked things out. You know what I mean?"

It’s clear just from Chorong’s expression what kind of distinction she’s making, and Yongsun swats at her arm. "No... Not like that, I'm not-uhm back in the game? It's more like we're starting to be friends again..."

"I thought she has moved on and way past that already? Like... The whole breakup thing." Chorong clarified as Byul silently listen trying to absorb every detail. She might need to report these to Hyejin tomorrow or something, she better be prepared. Yes, she is actually spying Yongsun under Ahn Hyejin's orders. What a turntable.

"Not that moved on, I guess? Is that even possible? She doesn't want to do anything with me, and she's really trying to make it work with Hyo... sadly." Yongsun ended with a little scoff.

Chorong makes a humming noise like she doesn’t believe her, but the sound cuts off when Yong throws her a glare. "So, what does that mean? Talking it out. You're just going to talk about everything that happened whenever you see each other? Explain."

Yongsun takes a breath, feels like there isn’t a good explanation that doesn’t make her sound like a giddy teenager. "We discussed…things."

It’s one of the lamer moments of her life. How can someone like Kim Yongsun? An A-list celebrity

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter