Don't

DESTINY (wheesun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 Well, well, well what do we have here.
I decided to make OT4 solo songs as chapter titles, I'll make it relevant to the story as well. With that, this chapter involves drinking and repressed feelings lmao. Enjoy!


Also, at this point, Wheesun is STILL plainly platonic.

+++++++++

DECEMBER 2014

After the success of the first two episodes of Autumn Letter during the weekends and getting almost perfect critic scores, STAR Studios decided to organize a thanksgiving event for all the staff and at the same time New Year's eve party, the staff can bring their family and spend NYE together on STAR Towers. Everyone got invited, including Wheein and Hyejin.

"Hyegi... Are you sure you want to come?" Wheein asked her best friend as they watch a movie in their shared two-bedroom apartment. Moving to Seoul, they shared a rooftop studio room for the first year, but Wheein's youtube career went off making them well off, money-wise in Seoul. They were both attending university making some of that money goes to their education. They're happy and comfortable. That's how these two best friends were living.

"Why not? Everyone is invited, it's not like we're coming uninvited?" Hyejin said and Wheein looks at her and still having doubts going on in her head.

"I'm like shy... There will be celebrities there and all the staff." Wheein said and Hyejin softens her eyes and looked at her best friend. "And it's not like we're part of the production, I barely sag the OST and that's it."

"and? Aren't you some kind of a celebrity now? OST singers are still part of the 'staff' thing"

"Yeah, but like they don't see internet fame the same." Hyejin's jaw fell open.

"Who cares? Ms. Kim is a fan? You're officially debuting on STAR Studios anyway. Let's just go tonight, it's not like they're gonna throw rocks at you because you're not relevant enough. Its free drinks, Whee."

Of all people, Wheein knows this side of Hyejin where she insists things and will definitely get it. They have this running phrase on their friendship "What Hyejin Wants, Hyejin gets." and its actually funny how for 10 years of friendship, it still stands true.

"Alright, just don't drink way too much," Wheein said and Hyejin gave her a look.

"Excuse me? You're the one who drinks way too much in this house."

"But I can handle my alcohol, you don't. Your point?" Wheein said and Hyejin pouted. "Exactly." Wheein looked at the clock and she decided to start preparing for tonight.

Kim Yongsun's on her large penthouse with her hair and makeup staff all over her face for the last two hours and her wardrobe team came in with clothes to choose on. "Ms. Kim?" Her assistant came in and Yongsun looked at her choices. "Something with a high slit, and maybe red?"

After three hours, she's ready. She made her way to her car and told her driver to drive slowly. They pulled outside the STAR Towers and once she got out cameras starts flashing, fans were screaming, Yongsun loves this more than anything. She flashed her signature smile and smized towards every lens she saw. She's waving nonstop to all her fans. This is just like Hollywood, but with her own fans. She's welcome here.

"Ms. Kim, over here!"

"Smile for the camera, Ms. Kim!"

"Thoughts on Daesang award on drama prediction for you and Jin from BTS?" 

"Any new projects underway?"

"Ms. Kim! How about dating? Are you seeing anyone? Is it true that you and Seokjin are hanging out after working hours?"

"Ms. Kim! Ms. Kim!"

That is all Yongsun was hearing before stepping inside the building and was greeted by Byul. "You loved that, don't you?" Byul teases her as soon as she saw Yong.

"I don't want to lie on your face this early, I liked it," Yongsun said as she let Byul lead her inside. As soon as they entered the conference hall, Yongsun was greeted by her staff, making a toast in her direction and she finally got a glance at her co-star, Jin. "Jin! Hi!" Jin immediately gave Yong a kiss on her cheeks. "I want to congratulate you, personally. I wasn't able to do that last time. Didn't I?"

"Well yours and my schedule are pretty tight, it's fine. Congratulations too, you carried me the whole time..." Jin said and Yongsun smiled at her.

"No, you have an actor inside of you, this is your first acting career, this is not my first, I can tell you really done a good job-"

"Thank god you two are here!" Jin and Yong looked at the man approaching them, he was the PR person for Autumn Letter. "Have you talked to your managers?"

Jin and Yong both shakes their heads. "What is this about Mr. Lee?" Yongsun asked, knowing she's a senior to Jin.

"Episode 16, have you read it? The script?"

"I thought we're shooting that two weeks into January?" Yongsun confirmed, she knows her schedule well.

"Yeah, you'll have an intimate scene, a long kissing scene compared to the past episodes." Mr. Lee said and he checked his notebook. "So... If we want to sell this drama, I want the two of you to cooperate with me."

"How are we going to do that?" Jin asked, as confused as Yongsun. 

"Let's say, I need the two of you grab breakfast, lunch, or dinner together, and let the paparazzi, do their job." Mr. Lee said and Jin was taken aback by the statement and Yong looked at Mr. Lee.

"So you're saying a dating scandal?" Yongsun asked and Mr. Lee lifts an eyebrow. 

"Just deny it every time, it's not like you two are really gonna start dating, you're friends in real life right?" Mr. Lee said. "You two gone out with Byulyi before, just let the people create stories in their mind."

"This is ridiculous-"

"Imagine the buzz-"

"But Autumn Letter was greatly accepted by the viewers, they loved it," Yongsun said and Mr. Lee smiled at her.

"I've been in this industry for almost 30 years, and this cheap trick will sell the show even more. PLUS your fans want to see you two together." Mr. Lee informed the two and Yongsun looked at Jin.

"Do you want to fake date me, Jin?" Yongsun asked and Jin pouted and raised an eyebrow.

"Well... I want to date you for real, but yeah? Fake dating sounds harmless, I guess?" Jin said and Yong bit her tongue.

"You want him to date you, Ms. Kim?" Mr. Lee said and Yongsun raised an eyebrow.

"Let's be clear here, Mr. Lee. You want me to get on board with this, this conversation doesn't sound like I'm convincing Jin to put up with this. You have to convince me AND him, not the other way around." Yongsun said, and your girl is ready to bite back, she got the guts and courage to be in this industry, Mr. Lee smiles.

"Let's just put it this way. Autumn Letter, a hit show, everyone loved it. The general public who's not invested in both of your careers don't care, but they will once your names and face don't leave the news? the papers? We will shove the two of you right down their throats they will have no choice but to follow and watch the show. More buzz? More support from the public? Higher chance of getting nominated on award shows. The name of the two of you already up for big awards, it just needs a little push. So... What can you say? Yongsun? A trophy or three doesn't sound bad, isn't it? This will catapult both of your careers." Mr. Lee said trying his hardest to convince the two young stars.

"Alright, what we got to lose, right?" Yongsun said and Jin smiled nodding.

"Just spend the rest of the party together, you're friends, it wasn't that hard." Mr. Lee said and left.

"Well... that was something..."

"Well, yeah..." Yongsun answered and she looked at Jin. "I thought Idols are not allowed to date?"

"Yes, but we're not really banned to date. Our management will know its all for PR, I guess it's okay-" Jin said and he saw Byul coming over... laughing. "Oh boy..."

"What the was that? Mr. Lee told my dad everything-" Byul said as she threw her arms around Yongsun's shoulders. "I can't believe you agreed to it-"

"I heard daesang and immediately gave in," Yongsun said as a matter of factly and Byul looked at Jin and saw her friend nodding. 

"I cant with the two of you! But it's so funny-" Byul stopped talking when she saw Wheein and Hyejin on her peripheral. "Wheein! Hyejin!!!" and she waved excitedly at the two. Hyejin is literally dragging Wheein as they approach the group. "What happened? Is she drunk?" Byul asked as soon as she saw Wheein getting dragged.

Wheein swats Heyjin's hands and pouted. "Wheein? Drunk? She never got drunk. She don't want to come, she's shy, apparently." Hyejin said and Wheein swears to god she wants to duct tape Hyejin's mouth right now.

"Shy? About what?" Yongsun said and Hyejin looked at Wheein, Jin looked at Wheein... Byul looked at Wheein.

Everybody's ing looking at me, I'm gonna ing kill you Ahn Hyejin.

"Wheein, Ms. Kim's asking you a question-" Hyejin said teasing Wheein and she saw her best friend turning full red.

"Are you sure she's not drunk?"

"She's not, I swear!" Hyejin swears and Wheein is still looking down.

"I'm sure the floor looks interesting right now..." Yongsun said and she giggled at her own joke, and when no one laughed, Wheein looked up and smiled.

"That's funny..." Wheein said in a low voice, almost sounding like a whisper and Hyejin shakes her head.

"Well!" Byul said clapping her hands together. "Let's sit over there, and spend the night together, I actually don't want to hang out with my dad and the rest of these old people. Come on!" They moved on to the far right table. 

"Wheein, how's your newfound fame?" Byul asked smiling and Wheein ducked her head.

"Hmm... I don't know, it's unbelievable, really. I feel like I got famous so fast, might as well become irrelevant after the hype."

"Hey, that song that you did is good. Don't say that, I've listened to it a lot of times!" Yongsun said and Jin nods.

"One of my members listened to it nonstop too, Taehyung really liked it," Jin said and Hyejin is just nodding proudly.

"I kept telling her that, she won't believe me," Hyejin said and she wrapped her arms around Wheein's shoulders. Hyejin is now humming on Wheein's ears.

"Now this? This is the one who's drunk." Wheein said pointing at Hyejin.

"Kim Seokjin?" One of CEO Moon's secretary approached the group. "It's your time to sing..." Jin stood up and politely followed the guy but came back to kiss Yongsun on her cheeks and jogged towards the stage. 

"That's still so funny," Byul said and stood up to follow Jin. "I'm just gonna take pictures, I'll be back." Byul left with a very read Wheein and a drunk Hyejin with Yongsun.

Wheein and Yongsun's eyes met and they smiled at each other. "Ms. Kim-"

"Didn't I tell you that you can call me Yongsun?"

"You did..." Wheein said and smiled. "Uhm... I just wanted to thank you, and everyone really, for the opportunity."

"I really didn't do anything," Yongsun said and Wheein just kept talking, she's not rambling anymore.

"You did, you posted my social media, they found me. Your fans are really good, and they liked my songs as well. I saw some commenting on my early covers, they're sweet." Wheein said and Yongsun is all smiley as she watches Wheein tell her all of that.

"Well, what can I say? My fans has impeccable taste, just like me." Yongsun said as she winks at the other girl's direction. Wheein bit lower her lip to prevent herself from smiling.

"Yup, I see, Mr. Kim's a nice catch-"

"What? No, we are actually fake dating. Its what the PR people told us, that's why Byul has been teasing us nonstop." Yongsun explained and Wheein formed a nice 'O' on in shock. "Äww that's cute."

Wheein shakes her head, sit up straight, and smiled, "Oh! I'm sorry, I was just so shocked. So that really happens in real life, huh?" Wheein said and Yongsun smiled.

"It does... Yes, unfortunately."

"And are you okay with that?" Wheein asked and Yongsun just pouted as she thinks and then she nods. "Hmm... I don't think I can do that if I was in your place?"

"Because you're not trained to do that, you sing, well... I'm an actress, so I act." Yongsun said Wheein nods.

"Are you acting right now?" Wheein said and Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter