Doomsday

True to Life: Short Shorts

 


 

“Tae-unnie? What are you doing out here?” Taeyeon looked up and tried to smile at her dongsaeng but all she managed was a small grimace.

“Oh, hey Seobaby.” Said girl slowly sat beside her unnie who was sitting just outside the older girl’s house.

“Your Sica-unnie kicked me out.” The younger girl’s eyes widened a bit but offered a sad smile and patted the other one’s back gently. It wasn’t exactly the first time so she wasn’t all that surprised anymore.

“What happened this time, Unnie?” Juhyun asked, already thinking of ways to help the two reconcile. Taeyeon waved her hands in dismissal to try and assuage her of any negative thoughts.

“Nothing! It's just that she's feeling really hot right now and said that I was bothering her.” That earned her a confused look from the younger girl.

“That’s weird. If she's feeling like that, then shouldn't you be inside making her feel better?” Now both of them were looking confusedly at each other.

“Uh, what do you mean?” Juhyun placed delicate fingers on her chin in thought.

“Well, Soo-unnie said that there are times she’s feeling hot and bothered so she calls her boyfriend over so he can make her feel better again. Most of the time she feels like that when her boyfriend is with her but said it was even easier when they're together already. I think he stays the night whenever that happens.” Taeyeon shook her head and sighed, mentally cursing her tall friend for corrupting Juhyun’s mind. Again.

“Please don't listen and believe everything that comes out of Sooyoung's mouth, Juhyunie. Trust me, it's for the best.” The younger girl looked at her with uncertainty.

“So she was only making it up?” Taeyeon wanted to laugh at her innocent dongsaeng but successfully kept it in.

“Well, not exactly –“ The front door of the house opened and out walked a man in suspenders talking amiably with a very pregnant Jessica. Taeyeon stood up quickly and was followed by Juhyun who suddenly snapped her fingers in understanding.

“Oh! Is that why you're out here, Unnie? Because someone else is making Sica-unnie feel good? So it's not a couple thing?” Taeyeon quickly turned towards the younger girl with agape, mortified at what she unintentionally insinuated.

‘Choi Sooyoung you are so dead!!!’ The two turned towards the man who bowed at them as he left as they bowed in return, Taeyeon awkwardly and quietly thanking him for his services while glancing at the younger girl.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Stop being all dramatic and get inside already! A/C's fixed!” Jessica yelled from the porch. She smiled when she saw Juhyun and beckoned her to come forward.

“Good afternoon, Seobaby! Want to come inside to cool down for a bit? I have cupcakes and lemonade ready.” The younger girl nodded her head and beamed in gratitude.

“Thanks, Unnie! Tae-unnie said you were feeling hot and bothered earlier. I hope that man made you feel better.” Taeyeon face-palmed. Jessica just blinked, trying to process what Juhyun said as she let her in. She looked at her wife who came up beside her in confusion.

“Umm, Taengoo? Do I want to know?” Taeyeon just smiled sheepishly and wound her arm around Jessica’s waist and caressed her tummy affectionately.

“Sooyoung.” Jessica arched an eyebrow and nodded in understanding.

.

.

.

.

.

“Ah-choo!!” Stephanie looked up and started handing her friend some tissues.

“You okay? Are you coming down with something?” Sooyoung shook her head.

“I don't think so. But I suddenly feel the need to hide for some reason, like impending doom is just around the corner.”

 


 

A/N:

Because it was freakin' 36°C when I woke up today and it's really bothersome. XP