Cry Baby (End)

True to Life: Short Shorts


 

A little girl quietly padded along the hallway towards her parents’ room. She popped her head through the slightly open door, giggling when she saw her Umma was still sleeping peacefully. She went back out then hurriedly yet carefully went down the stairs, determined to finish the task she set out to do.

Baby Krystal was used to getting up earlier than her parents, going inside their room, and waking them up almost immediately. She was sad that her younger mother wasn’t present and that she’d been missing her terribly, but she was also glad that her Umma was spending more time with her the past few days, something that didn’t happen often since her mother was at work most days of the week.

Soojung quickly sped off towards the kitchen as soon as she landed downstairs, her eyes scanning the room for the things she needed. Her eyes brightened when she finally found what she was looking for so she took her little stepping stool and stood on it, reaching for the loaves of bread and her favorite spreads on top of the kitchen island.

The three-year-old went down and opened a drawer where her mothers kept the utensils then went back up the stool and opened one of the jars, dipping the spoon into the creamy, gooey, chocolatey substance, and started to eat multiple spoonfuls, effectively smearing her lovely face in the process.

After a few minutes of indulging in the treat, the mischievous toddler finally remembered what she was supposed to be doing and immediately got a loaf of bread and spread a generous amount of chocolate and fruit jam on it before placing it on top of the dining table. She then carefully took out a glass and placed it on the floor before opening the fridge to get the huge bottle of milk.

The bottle was still almost full so the small child struggled in lifting it, spilling a generous amount on the floor as she filled the glass to the brim before placing it next to the bread. Lastly, she got a banana from the fruit bowl on the island and arranged it beside the glass of milk.

Soojung looked at her masterpiece in triumph before going back up the stairs to wake her Umma up.

 

Taeyeon could feel someone patting her arm lightly. She finally opened her eyes and giggled when she felt small lips continuously leaving wet kisses on her cheeks, an adorable smiling face greeting her a very good morning.

The young mother’s eyes widened when saw the state of her daughter’s chocolate-smeared mouth, and it took her a full minute to comprehend that her daughter most likely went down on her own and scavenged for food.

“Soojung, did you eat chocolate?”

The little girl just nodded cutely and started pulling her mother’s hand to lead her out of bed, Zero at her heel.

“Didn’t Mommy tell you no chocolates in the morning?” Soojung didn’t answer, her excitement of showing her Umma her little deed the only thing on her mind.

“Kim Soojung!”

As expected, Taeyeon stood stock-still with agape the moment she entered the kitchen, shocked beyond belief at the chaos she was seeing. She only broke out of her stupor when she saw Zero about to drink the milk on the floor, so she swiftly took the poor milk-deprived poodle in her arms and placed him on one of the chairs to avoid him getting dirty.

Soojung quickly ushered her mother to the dining table, and Taeyeon finally understood why her daughter all of a sudden decided to ransack their perfectly clean kitchen.

“You made breakfast for me, Baby?”

Taeyeon’s heart swelled as her daughter stood next to the table while she proudly showed her Umma what she made for her.

“Surprise! Do you like it, Umma? Mommy’s not here to make breakfast, so Soojung made it instead!”

Now how could Taeyeon possibly get mad and say no to such an endearing gesture? This was the very first time her daughter attempted to make her breakfast, and she wasn’t going to spoil the girl’s happiness by reprimanding her about a simple mess that was generally easy to clean up.

“I love it, Sweetheart! Thank you very much!” The young mother said as she hugged her daughter tightly, deeply touched at how sweet and precious her Soojung was.

“Let’s clean up first then Umma will taste Soojungie’s breakfast, okay?”

Soojung happily obliged, and the hours flew by filled with smiles and laughter as the mother and daughter shared a heartfelt morning together.

 


 

“Do you know where we are, Soojungie?”

The little girl concentrated hard to recall if she’d ever been to the place her Umma took her to. The huge building in front of her looked somewhat familiar, but she couldn’t really tell if she’d been there or not. Soojung looked at her mother and shook her head.

Taeyeon took her daughter’s hand and led her to a row of glossy posters encased in sturdy glass frames just outside the entrance.

“Aren’t they pretty, Baby? Can you recognize the people there?” The young mother lifted her daughter so she could take a closer look. Soojung squinted her eyes and eyed the posters meticulously, her forehead scrunching up adorably. She then pointed to one very pretty woman in particular, squealing excitedly.

“It’s Mommy!!” Taeyeon laughed as her daughter continued to point at the poster, then asked to be let down so she could look at the others, her beloved Mommy in almost all of them.

“That’s right, Baby. This is where Mommy works,” Taeyeon explained to the enthusiastic toddler.

“Mommy’s here? I want to see Mommy, Umma!” Soojung demanded as she took her mother’s hand and started pulling her towards the glass doors.

“Whoa, not so fast, Princess. Mommy’s not here yet. We’re going to play over there and wait for her, okay?” Taeyeon pointed towards the massive park just across the road from where they were at. Soojung’s eyes widened as she saw the field, tempting her to go run and play.

Her attention quickly diverted, she started pushing her mother’s legs to move so that they could go there as fast as possible, Taeyeon highly amused at how easily distracted her little girl was.

As soon as they entered the park, Soojung didn’t waste time and started running around, her joy apparent to anyone watching. There was a decent amount of people at the park, but most were having picnics or resting under the trees rather than loitering on the spacious pitch. There was also a soccer team practicing nearby which completely caught Soojung’s attention as soon as she laid eyes on them.

“Umma! Play with ball!” Taeyeon hurriedly ran after her daughter, nervous that she might accidentally get hit by a rogue ball. But as soon as she caught up to the energetic child, she saw the young players pause their practice to attend to her daughter, smiles on their faces as she heard them complimenting on how cute and adorable she was. Naturally, Soojung was lapping it all up.

“Hey, guys! Sorry, my daughter really likes to play in the field. If it’s not too much of a bother, could she play with you and kick the ball around for a bit?”

The team gladly accepted Taeyeon’s request, happy to have a break from a grueling practice session to indulge the little girl.

They stayed there for a couple of hours with breaks in-between, Soojung’s abundant energy even putting some of the players to shame. They took turns practicing and playing with the toddler which they didn’t mind at all, Soojung seemingly a breath of fresh air from their usual routine.

Taeyeon was contentedly watching her daughter enjoy herself even when she was only left with the ball while the team huddled in when her phone suddenly rang. She smiled and quickly answered the call.

“Baby, are you here?”

“Yeah, I just crossed the street. Where are you?”

“We’re by the pitch at the other side of the playground. You’ll see a bunch of soccer players out on the field.”

“Alright, I think I see them already. Can’t wait to see you, Love!”

The couple hung up their phones, Taeyeon standing up and was about to retrieve their daughter when she caught sight of her stunningly beautiful wife slowly approaching her. Seriously, Jessica could make any simple path into a runway as she was simply breathtaking even after just coming back from a tiring trip.

Jessica smiled widely as soon as she saw her Taeyeon but was suddenly distracted by her daughter who was happily playing with her ball. As soon as she was close enough to her family, she left her luggage on a nearby bench and started to head out towards Krystal when her wife suddenly appeared in front of her, hands on her hips and eyebrow raised.

“Me first. Greet me first, Baby,” the older woman said and opened her arms, beckoning for her wife to come to her instead. Jessica laughed but didn’t think twice as she complied and jumped into Taeyeon’s warm embrace, both their hearts beating in sync at finally being reunited with each other.

Taeyeon savored having Jessica back in her arms as she kissed her temple lovingly, telling her how much she missed her dearly while the younger woman responded in kind.

The couple finally separated and Taeyeon started calling out for Soojung but frowned when her calls seemed to have been unheard by the child who was still busy playing.

“Krystal!!!”

Her English name coming from that oh-so-familiar voice had the little girl glancing up automatically, eyes wide as she hastily let go of the ball and began running at full speed, her small arms spread out towards her mother.

“Mommy!!!”

Jessica got teary-eyed as her precious baby girl started running towards her while calling out to her repeatedly, her heart aching from the need to finally hold her daughter again. Going out-of-town and being away from Krystal made her experience some kind of a withdrawal since the mother and daughter had never been apart for so long before.

Soojung soon launched herself in her mother’s waiting arms, Jessica twirling her daughter in the air before snuggling her securely against her body, the two relentlessly exchanging loving and sweet kisses to fill in the longing they had for each other for the past few days they’d been apart.

“My darling baby princess! I missed you so much!”

“Mama-Mama-Mama!”

Taeyeon looked at her girls, ecstatic that they were together once again. But as her wife and daughter continued to stay in their own little world even as they all sat down, she started to feel a bit left out.

“Yah, Kim Soojung. Did you miss her that much? Umma wants hugs and kisses, too!”

Jessica laughed as her wife put on a pout as she repeatedly kept asking for their daughter’s attention which the little girl happily gave, wrapping her arms on both her mothers’ necks and alternately kissing their cheeks, the family of three finally complete.

 


 

“She asleep?”

Jessica paused her lullaby and looked up at her wife who was leaning against their daughter’s doorway, a small smile adorning her pretty face. The younger woman smiled back but shook her head slowly, daintily placing her index finger on her lips.

Soojung squirmed as Taeyeon entered the room but settled down almost immediately when Jessica resumed humming, continuously ling her younger mother’s , face content.

Taeyeon carefully squeezed herself behind the younger woman and looked over her wife’s shoulder, staring down at her daughter’s sleeping figure. She gently took Jessica’s free hand and intertwined their fingers together, a sense of pure bliss blanketing them.

“Have I ever told you how ethereal you look every time you feed our child, Sooyeon?” Taeyeon suddenly whispered, her warm mouth so close to her wife’s ear so as not to awaken Soojung.

Jessica blushed and bit back her giggles as her naughty little wife rained butterfly kisses up and down her neck, trying not to fidget too much since Krystal wasn’t deep in her sleep yet.

Jessica lifted up their entwined hands and playfully bit one of her wife’s fingers to make her stop, Taeyeon responding with a breathy chuckle and a deep kiss on her forehead.

Taeyeon continued singing where her wife left off, and soon they noticed little Soojung’s deep even breaths, finally unlatching from her mother. The two quietly stood up and tucked their daughter properly and kissed her goodnight before trudging back to their own room.

“You did wonderfully, Love. I’m so proud of you,” Jessica said as the two cuddled in bed, relieved to finally have time to themselves at last. Taeyeon hovered over her wife and looked deeply into her eyes with all the love and affection she could muster before kissing her fully on the lips.

“Thanks for believing in me, Sica. You don’t know how much your encouragement means to me.”

Jessica then laughed as she suddenly felt teasing fingers glide under her cami making her skin tingle, Taeyeon smirking seductively on top of her.

“Are you ready for your welcome home present, Baby?”

 


 

A/N:

a sweet ending, darlings! i apologize to those who expected something steamy, but this one was meant to be family-oriented and domestic and fluffy with a chance of rainbows. ahahaha! 

hope you felt good after reading this! love love <3

 

PS

sorry wasn't able to update last night, AFF had a server problem T_T