Mind Tricks

True to Life: Short Shorts

Use the force! | Yoona, Girls generation, Snsd


 

The doe-eyed girl pouted exaggeratedly, arms crossed.

“Sica-unnie doesn’t love me anymore!”

Said woman stared back at the screen, confused.

“Huh? What are you saying now, Im Yoona?”

The younger woman was laying the act on too thick, but her Unnie’s denseness when it came to her juniors was playing to her advantage as she continued.

“You replaced me already so you don’t love me anymore!”

“…” Jessica just continued to stare blankly at the other woman.

Yoona sighed and fiddled with her phone before pointing the screen towards her laptop’s camera as Jessica squinted to see what the girl was showing her. “I’m not your favorite dongsaeng anymore!”

Jessica laughed as she finally understood what her big brat was referring to.

“Aigoo, my beloved Yoong. You’re jealous of Jennie?”

“…”

Jessica chuckled and gave her dongsaeng a sweet smile. “You don’t need to be jealous. We spend time with each other as much as we can, don’t we?”

Yoona just continued to sulk, trying hard to look adorable so that her Unnie would take pity on her.

“Yoongie, you know that we can’t really tell the world that we’re still talking and seeing each other. Not at the moment, at least.”

“…”

The older woman sighed. “Jennie is a precious dongsaeng, but you’ll always be one of my triplets, Yoona-ya. You and Hyunnie and Soojungie will forever be my babies. Unnie loves you so much and will make time for you when I can, so cheer up, okay?”

Yoona couldn’t help but smile bashfully at that, glad to know that her Sica-unnie would never trade her for anyone else despite their unfavorable circumstances.

Jessica let out a sigh of relief when she finally saw her dongsaeng smile. “That’s better! It’s your birthday soon and even though we won’t see each other that day I still want to see your smiling face whenever we do video calls.”

Yoona suddenly clapped her hands and internally smirked, instantly remembering why she called the older woman in the first place.

“I’ll be busy on my birthday, but do you want to meet me the day before for dinner? Please, Unnie! I’ll make it worth your while.”

Jessica laughed and shook her head. “It’s your birthday so I’m supposed to make it worth your while. I’ll check my schedule then text you, okay? But I don’t think there will be a problem.”

Yoona jumped excitedly and pumped her fists. “Thanks, Unnie! Seriously, you don’t need to bring anything but yourself. I’ll see you soon!”

 


 

“Unnie has forgotten me!”

Taeyeon blinked in confusion. “W-what do you mean?”

Yoona pouted, brows excessively furrowed as she glared at her Unnie. “You don’t make time for me anymore. All you care about are the rookies. You don’t care about me!”

The midget immediately panicked, even though she wasn’t really sure what was happening. “No, of course not, Yoong! I care about you a lot!”

“…”

Taeyeon sighed, feeling guilty for upsetting Yoona. “Of course I haven’t forgotten you. Unnie just thought that you’re always busy and don’t want to bother you so much.”

Yoona continued to sulk. “I am, but that doesn’t mean you can’t check up on me, right? You haven’t called me much the past few months.”

The older woman bowed her head in shame and apologized. “…I’m sorry, Yoona-ya. I’ll do better, okay?”

Seeing that her dongsaeng’s lips quirked up slightly, Taeyeon continued to pacify the younger girl.

“Cheer up, Yoongie. Unnie is sad whenever you’re sad.”

Yoona made a show of rubbing her tearless eyes before facing her Unnie again, determination on her face.

“Make it up to me!”

“Huh? How?” Taeyeon asked, surprised at the sudden demand.

The mischievous girl internally smirked. ‘This is just way too easy. You’ll thank me later, Unnie.’

“Meet me before my birthday. I’ll be busy the day of so how about dinner the night before?”

Taeyeon quickly checked her calendar before smiling back at the screen. “Sure, Yoong. Anything for you.”

Yoona stood up and danced happily in front of the camera which highly amused Taeyeon who was still unsure of what was going on but anything to make Yoona happy, especially since it’s the girl’s birthday soon.

“Yes! Don’t forget, okay, Unnie? Promise me! Just bring yourself, no need for anything else.”

Taeyeon laughed. “I promise, Yoona-ya. I’ll be there, don’t worry.”

“Thanks, Unnie! Can’t wait!”

 

‘Phase one complete.’

 


 

“Manager-nim, is everything ready?”

The manager smiled and nodded his head in confirmation, phone in hand.

“Yes, Miss Im. The function room we have provided is spacious and private enough for two, along with their own personal server. Utmost privacy is guaranteed,” the manager said into the receiver.

Yoona beamed, happy that the preparations were going well. She bid the man goodbye then sat back on her seat while sipping on a cool glass of sparkling cider.

All that was left was for her unnies to show up that evening and hoped that the two wouldn’t be late.

The young woman grinned. Knowing that her two eldest unnies were going to have dinner together, alone, was the best gift she could ever ask for. Yoona chuckled, very proud of herself for planning it. She deserved a pat on the back for a job well done. She just wished that no fights would ensue throughout the night.

 

 

It was fifteen minutes before seven in the evening when a short girl entered the restaurant and was hurriedly ushered into a private room to avoid curious eyes.

Twenty minutes after, another brunette was swiftly escorted inside towards the very same room the short girl was in.

Two pairs of eyes widened in surprise as they locked with each other.

“Taeyeon…”

“Sooyeon…”

The younger woman’s eyes suddenly hardened as she glared at the woman before her.

“What are you doing here, Kim Taeyeon?”

The singer, finally understanding what was happening, grinned in amusement at the rather unexpected yet welcome situation, eyes sparkling in mirth.

(“Thanks, Yoong.”)

“Stop grinning like an idiot and tell me what’s going on here?! Where’s Yoona? Did you put her up to this?!”

Taeyeon quickly raised her hands and shook her head no in response to Jessica’s accusation.

“I’m just as surprised as you are. Yoona asked me to meet her here so we can celebrate her birthday.”

Jessica sighed loudly as she finally caught on and gritted her teeth, internally cursing her dongsaeng for setting her up.

“I’m leaving.”

Jessica turned her back on Taeyeon and was about to exit the room when a small hand quickly caught her wrist and tugged it back gently. The brunette groaned in defeat, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to shake off the midget even if she wanted to.

She should’ve just ran out as quickly as she could when she had the chance.

“Sooyeon-ah, please. I know I made a mistake, but can you just hear me out? And I’m sure Yoong went out of her way to arrange all this so let’s not waste it, please.”

The brunette closed her eyes tightly and sighed. It was difficult having to avoid Taeyeon ever since their fight more than a month prior, the very week of her birthday, but the midget needed to learn how to appreciate her more, not only when it was convenient for the older woman.

“Fine! I’ll stay, but this does not mean that you’re forgiven, Miss Kim,” Jessica harrumphed as she shook her wrist free from the other’s hand and immediately sat down, not bothering to wait for Taeyeon to pull her seat for her like she would usually do.

Before going back to her seat, though, Taeyeon felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She quickly scanned it then smirked, putting it away and quickly making her way across her irate and impatient date.

 

From: Alligator Yoong

“Fighting, Unnie!”

 

The night is young.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How’d it go, Unnie? Kissed and made up yet?”

Taeyeon chuckled, adjusting herself as she held her phone in one hand, the other securely hugging her lover to her body, the young brunette’s soft breath tickling the midget’s chest.

“Something like that. Yah, a head’s up would’ve been nice yesterday, you brat!”

Yoona just laughed.

“I’ll be expecting a rather expensive gift from you, then, Unnie.”

Taeyeon smiled and bent down to kiss Jessica tenderly on the forehead, the sleeping woman unconsciously snuggling closer to her girlfriend.

“Count on it. Thanks, Yoong. Happy birthday!”

“Treat her better, Unnie. That’s all I can ask for.”

Taeyeon looked down and smiled, eyes soft and fond.

“Will do.”

 


 

A/N:

this was supposed to come out during Yoona's birthday but obviously I didn't get the chance to finish it in time and i really didn't want to wait until next year to post it.

hope you like it and stay safe, darlings! <3