Virtuoso

True to Life: Short Shorts


Disclaimer: All mentioned composers and compositions NOT MINE


 

“Oh, wow! This place is huge! I never thought you and Sica-unnie would be staying in such a prestigious school for two weeks!” Yoona breathed out in awe as she twirled around the castle-like foyer of the performing arts academy where her elder cousin, Jessica, was recently invited as a special guest, one of the few chosen outsiders to perform for the institution’s upcoming graduation recital which was a big deal for the school since scouts would be all over the place.

“Thanks for visiting, Yoong. She’s been practicing almost non-stop day and night as soon as we got here and haven’t had the time to sit and relax much, so I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you,” Taeyeon said as she led the younger woman through the hallways towards her fiancée’s designated practice room. They passed by the other classrooms, and Yoona, despite not being as musically adept as her cousin, was definitely overwhelmed at the quality of the music that was being played by the graduating students.

Taeyeon looked back and giggled as she noticed the taller woman lagging behind, stopping and peeking inside some of the rooms curiously, so she slowed down a bit so as not to lose the other girl. It really was a big school and one could easily get lost in it.

“We’re at the Conservatory of Music building and most of the pieces you’ll hear are classical, so it’s difficult to tell them apart most of the time. But the majority of them are pretty popular.” Taeyeon pointed to the room Yoona was currently listening to.

“They’re playing the Radetsky-Marsch by Straus.” She then pointed to another room.

“That’s Beethoven’s Piano Sonata No. 13 if I’m not mistaken.” Lastly, she made her way to one of the bigger rooms adjacent to her.

“I think you’re familiar with this one. Tchaikovsky’s Russian Dance from The Nutcracker. I can also hear some Vivaldi from the other rooms, but there’s also some Bach and Mozart played as warm-up pieces.” Yoona just stared at her friend, surprised that Taeyeon could casually identify different classical compositions from different composers on the spot.

“I didn’t know you’re such a fan of classical music, Taeng-unnie. Sica-unnie’s influence, no doubt. But still, I’m very impressed!” Taeyeon suddenly blushed beet red and sheepishly scratched the back of her neck, thoroughly embarrassed for some reason. Yoona just laughed but thought nothing of it as Taeyeon was naturally shy to begin with. She instead motioned for the midget to start walking again.

The two lapsed in comfortable silence, content to just listen to the practices as they walked by when Taeyeon stopped outside a closed door at the end of the hallway. She placed her finger on her lips, silently telling the younger woman to keep quiet, as she carefully opened the door just enough for both of them to slip through without disturbing the sole occupant within. The relaxing sound of ivory keys met their ears in a soothing melody, the pianist not noticing that she had an audience yet.

Yoona proudly gazed at her cousin as she watched her expertly play her beloved instrument with ease, then stole a quick glance at the woman beside her and couldn’t help but smile as she saw Taeyeon with her eyes closed, swaying to the music, her face completely tranquil.

As soon as the last note was played and the melody faded, Yoona immediately gave a standing ovation, startling her cousin who was still immersed in her personal bubble.

“Yoong!” Jessica stood up and jumped down from the podium, happy to see her favorite cousin who she hadn’t seen for some time. She quickly made her way to the back of the room and didn’t hesitate to embrace the taller woman as soon as she was within reach.

“OMG, what are you doing here? When did you get here?” Yoona giggled and hugged her cousin tighter for a few more seconds before the two separated.

“Not that long ago, Unnie. Tae-unnie said that you’ve been working too hard for days now and needed a distraction, so here I am!” Jessica gave her fiancée a side-glance, the older woman deliberately looking anywhere but at her, before returning her attention back to Yoona and smiled widely before linking their arms together.

“Well, it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t spend time with you when you came all the way here, right?” Jessica looked at her watch and was happy to see that it was nearing lunchtime. She would normally stay and practice even during breaks, but it would be rude if she dismissed her cousin’s efforts of visiting her, although it was really a nice surprise since she missed the younger girl dearly.

“There’s a really nice bistro just outside campus that I’m sure you’ll love, Yoong! Let’s go?” The cousins started making their way towards the door when Yoona noticed that Taeyeon was not following them.

“You coming, Tae-unnie?” Said girl jumped a bit, not expecting to be addressed, and just smiled and shook her head, still not looking at Jessica.

“You girls go ahead. I’m sure you have a lot of things to catch up on, and I don’t want to intrude.” Yoona looked back and forth between her two unnies, positive that something was amiss. Jessica sighed beside her, eyes guilt-ridden.

“Let’s go eat, Taengoo. Please?” The younger woman lifted her free hand and reached for her lover, silently asking for her to take it. Taeyeon hesitated for a few more seconds before smiling sweetly and taking Jessica’s hand in hers, giving it a tight squeeze at seeing her fiancée’s relieved look. Yoona looked pleased that the two seemed to reconcile somewhat and deftly led all of them out the room, chatting happily.

 


 

Taeyeon looked up towards the door, hands pausing from towel-drying her hair as Jessica entered their room. Both stared at each other intensely, not really knowing what to say. After a few minutes, the older girl sighed, threw her towel at a nearby armchair, and opened her arms wide in invitation. The pianist immediately ran towards her lover, throwing her arms around her neck and hugging her tightly as the midget embraced the younger woman’s petite waist, molding their bodies perfectly together.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry, Taengoo-ya,” Jessica mumbled as she nuzzled her head against her lover’s neck. Taeyeon smiled, kissing her fiancée’s temple affectionately and patting her back in silent forgiveness.

“I know that you think you’re pressed for time as it is, but I hope that you’ll listen to me more and take a break when needed, instead of biting my head off every time I try to pull you away from practice. What’s the point of bringing me along if you won’t allow me to take care of you?” Taeyeon chuckled when Jessica just hugged her tighter.

“I want you here, Tae. I’ll always want you with me. I’m sorry if I was being difficult this past week. And I really do appreciate that you took time off from work for two weeks just for a school recital.” Taeyeon just kissed Jessica’s temple again, longer and sweeter.

“If it’s important to you, then it’s important to me, too, Sooyeon-ah.”

The pianist detached herself and cupped the older woman’s face then kissed her soundly on the lips, the other reciprocating eagerly. Jessica soon started nibbling Taeyeon’s jaw, kissing down her neck and up towards her ear. The younger woman smirked as she her fiancée’s earlobe, whispering seductively, making the other shiver in anticipation.

“You know, I’ve been neglecting your lessons lately. I’ve been learning a new piece, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate how hard and fast it is. Let’s make beautiful music together, shall we?” With that, Taeyeon found herself suddenly sprawled on top of the bed, breath hitching as Jessica’s wonderfully experienced fingers deftly ghosted over her body.

 


 

A/N:

this one is a bit more personal than the rest even though majority of the stories under this compilation are based on true events.. depending on the reception (or my writing mood), i am honestly contemplating if i should expand on this AU in the future..

as always, hope you enjoy reading, darlings! <3