Zero to Hero

True to Life: Short Shorts

 

 


 

“Taeyeon’s hidden camera prank is a success!”

“Let’s go eat dinner first before you leave. Aigoo, you’ve worked hard, Hyoyeon-ah.”

 


 

“Yah. I’m right here in front of you but you keep on looking at your phone and talking to someone else. Do you have a special person you forgot to mention to me? Do the others know?” Hyo just laughed and placed her phone back down, consciously flipping it upside down on the table so that no one would see the screen in case it lights up.

“The girls just want us to take some pictures, Taeng.” Taeyeon looked at her phone that was silently sitting on the couch, confused.

“They do?” Hyo slightly panicked when she was about to stand up to check her phone for any messages when she quickly reached out and patted the midget’s hand, effectively stopping her from moving away.

“You still have a few more hours of shooting left, right?” Taeyeon sat back down and readjusted Zero on her lap.

“Yeah, then I can finally go home. It’s been a very long day.” The dancer sympathized with her leader and gently patted her hand again.

“You’ve worked hard, too, Taeyeon-ah. All the girls and I are proud of you. Congratulations on your new mini-album!” Hyo raised her cup and Taeyeon laughed as the two cheered and hoped for the album’s success.

“It’s only been weeks since we last saw each other and now you’ve gotten soft on me already?” The midget teased. The younger woman smirked.

“Yah, it took you hours before you even recognized me. So much for sisterhood!”

The two continued to bicker playfully until Taeyeon’s manager told them that filming was about to resume in a bit. He thanked Hyoyeon for taking part in the prank and wished her a good night as he took Zero and left the girls alone to say their goodbyes.

“Well, it’s time to leave. It’s exhausting waiting for you to notice me so I need to sleep early now.” Hyo laughed again as Taeyeon lightly punched her arm for the quip.

“Good luck on the shoot! And before I forget, the girls and I have something for you. It’s on its way as of this moment. Call it an early Christmas present from all of us because our Taeyeonie’s been working very hard lately. It’s fragile and very expensive so take care of it.” Taeyeon was surprised but also extremely touched by the gesture and made a mental note to thank the others later on.

“Oh, is it? Then I’ll take really good care of it if it’s that special. It’ll be in good hands, Hyo.” The smile the younger woman gave was surprisingly tender that Taeyeon thought she’d missed something important.

“See you again soon, Taeng. And you’re welcome!” Taeyeon didn’t think much of the mischievous glint in her friend’s eyes as she gathered her things and went back to filming.

 


 

“And that’s a wrap!”

Taeyeon released a sigh of relief as they were finally done for the day. She stretched her limbs then hurriedly walked towards her manager, accidentally bumping into one of the staff members. She bowed apologetically but suddenly paused when a very familiar scent suddenly invaded her senses so she swiftly turned around to look for the source but couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary.

“Maybe someone else has the same perfume,” she mumbled as she resumed walking, more conscious now of her surroundings. She saw her manager near the exit but was puzzled when she noticed that Zero seemed to be behaving oddly, squirming and whining as if he wanted to be anywhere but there.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as she quickly took Zero into her arms, cuddling the poor distressed creature.

“I’m not sure. He started acting up around twenty minutes ago so I took him outside for a bit so he won’t disrupt filming, but when I placed him down he insisted on going back in again.”

The two quickly made their way outside because Zero was whining even louder, and Taeyeon was getting anxious because he seldom acted like that before, especially when they were on set. It only happened a few times, when -

Taeyeon’s eyes grew as she suddenly remembered the familiar scent earlier and couldn’t stop the broad smile appearing on her face, heart instantly beating faster than normal. She giggled in amusement as she recalled Hyoyeon’s expression before she left as she lifted Zero in front of her and stared at him eye to eye, Zero’s bum shaking frantically as if he knew that his mom finally understood the current situation.

“Are you sure?” She asked eagerly, Zero woofing happily in reply.

Taeyeon’s manager almost had a heart attack when the idol suddenly put Zero down and released him (they were OUTSIDE the establishment), immediately zooming past the two humans and running towards one of the nearby buildings where the dressing rooms were located. Taeyeon quickly chased after her dog, signaling to her manager that everything was under control and to just stay there and wait for her.

Zero obviously knew where he was going as Taeyeon tried to keep up as best she could despite her tiredness from the long day. She stopped and took a breather when Zero slowed down and entered a room with the door slightly ajar. The midget took deep even breaths as she made her way towards the room, her body buzzing in anticipation. She gently pushed the door open wider and the sight that greeted her made her eyes alight in pure glee and made her heart pound in unbridled happiness, the sweet voice of her lover effectively melting away her fatigue.

 

“Taengoo…”

 

‘Best. Gift. EVER!’ she thought as she slammed the door shut.

 


"My honey, my daisy, my only..."


 

A/N:

I believe everybody by now knows where this was based from.. lol XD

HyoTae is <3

Enjoy, my darlings!! ^_^