Vanilla

True to Life: Short Shorts

 


 

“Hey, are you guys going out?” Taeyeon asked her sister and cousin as she entered the kitchen and saw them dressed up, purses in hand. It was a family weekend, and they had some free time before going back to the city.

“Yeah, want to come?” Sunny asked as she fixed her collar. Taeyeon mentally checked her schedule for the day. She wasn’t due to meet with her girlfriend until that evening so she had time to spare.

“Hmm. Where are you going?” Hyoyeon took out a flier from her bag and showed it to the older girl.

“You know that new megastore that opened last week near the town center? Fany said it was so big she actually got lost inside!” Hyo paused for a bit then shrugged.

“Actually, she always gets lost but whatever. We want to check it out before we leave tomorrow.” Taeyeon’s eyes widened and enthusiastically nodded, dropping the flier and making a beeline for her room.

“I’ll go with you! Give me five minutes!” she shouted as she ran out of the kitchen. Sunny and Hyoyeon just watched her leave then looked at each other, bemused.

 


 

“Wow! It really is big!” Hyo said as she stared up at the massive building in front of her.

“We don’t have anything else to do before dinner so we can take our time. Tae won’t be leaving with Sica until after dinner.”

“Is that okay, Taeyeon-ah? Hey, where are you going?” The girls noticed Taeyeon making her way towards the middle of the store as soon as they got inside.

“Huh? O-oh. Sica and I actually went here yesterday morning because her parents needed some stuff. I just forgot to buy a few things for the apartment. I’ll catch up with you when I’m done.” The other girls just smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Taeyeon hurriedly weaved her way through the aisles, taking random items as she went by just so her basket wouldn’t be too conspicuous.

“Where are they? I know they’re here somewhere,” she muttered, turning another aisle. She suddenly stopped and smiled widely as she finally located her target.

“Bingo!” she exclaimed as she ran towards one particular rack. She eyed the contents critically and paced in front of them, scratching her head in frustration as she picked some up then placed some back, continuously repeating the process.

“There’s so many! Maybe I should just get several of them?” she said as she got a handful, but still placed some of them back, and sighed as she realized that she wasn’t getting anywhere.

“Tae?” Said girl suddenly looked up and blushed as her sister and cousin approached her. She gave them a tight smile as she subtly dropped the remaining items she was holding inside her basket.

“Hey! You guys got here pretty quick.” Sunny looked at her, confused.

“What do you mean? It’s been an hour and a half since you left.” Taeyeon checked her watch and, sure enough, she had been loitering in front of the rack for that long a time and she didn’t even notice. She internally groaned.

“Oh, cool! I never knew they made them in so many different flavors!” Taeyeon looked up and bit her lip as her sister and cousin saw the very thing she had been stressing over for the past hour.

“Kinda like Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans! Minus the vomit and ear wax-flavored ones.” Taeyeon discreetly took some more that had caught her interest and deftly added them inside her basket. To hell with choosing only a few. It wasn’t like she was going to use them all up at the same time. All that was left to do was to convince her girlfriend to actually wear them. Hopefully even one for tonight.

“Okay, I’m done! Where to next?”

 


 

“Hyo said you guys went to that big store we visited. Did you get anything?” Jessica asked as she rummaged through the bags that were placed on top of the kitchen counter. The couple just arrived back at their apartment and Taeyeon, who was in the middle of stretching after driving for two hours, suddenly paused. After a beat, she immediately hurried back to the kitchen but froze when she came face to face with a pissed off girlfriend, a familiar bag in hand.

“What are these?!” Taeyeon gulped as she tried to take the bag away from Jessica who successfully evaded her and just held the bag out of reach. Taeyeon pouted and crossed her arms in defiance. Jessica scoffed at her girlfriend’s childish behavior and dumped the contents of the bag on the counter and counted them. Taeyeon cringed.

“Seriously, Kim Taeyeon?! Just because I forbade you to buy more than one yesterday, you went behind my back and bought thirty! What, one for each day of the month?!” Taeyeon looked down but continued to pout.

“But we’re gonna use them all up anyway. And I just wanted some variety! The one you bought was boring and tasted funny.” Jessica massaged her head and exhaled loudly.

“First of all, I actually like that one because it smells good. Second, with or without, I really don’t hear you complaining either way, Taengoo,” Jessica smugly said. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes and smirked.

“Well, will you wear them if I say that they taste really good when you use them on me?” Jessica blushed and facepalmed.

“That sounded wrong on so many levels, you byuntae. Yah!” The younger girl didn’t notice that her girlfriend stealthily made her way in front of her, arms wrapping around her waist as she pulled Jessica flushed against her body.

“Don’t be mad anymore, Sica-ya. I promise we’ll make good use of them.” Jessica just sighed but finally relented, arms encircling Taeyeon’s neck and hugging her closer, their lips mere centimeters away from each other as she opened and whispered seductively,

“So, which flavored lip balm do you want me to use first?”

 


 

A/N:

I swear I was just innocently thanking my friend for the vanilla lip balm she gave me, then we started talking about different flavors, then someone sent me a photo of this huge shelf full of flavored lip balms (the Butterfinger, though), and my mind suddenly created this.

Please don't hit me XP