Cuddle Buddy

True to Life: Short Shorts

seosica | Tumblr


 

“Ouch!!”

The brunette immediately mumbled curses as she tried to ignore the throbbing pain on her foot as she made a beeline for her ringing phone that she left charging in her room.

 

It was a lazy afternoon for Jessica as she lounged around her living room in her comfiest sweats while channel surfing. It was a rare day off, and she already informed her family and a few friends that she wasn’t up to talking or going anywhere that day and preferred to just rest and stay at home after a stressful week.

So she quickly assumed that the unexpected call meant either it’s from work or an emergency, hence the stubbed toe from hurrying to answer it.

 

“Hello?!” she said a bit loudly, out of breath and still in pain, not thinking to check the caller ID.

“*sniff* U-unnie?”

Jessica quickly checked who was on the line then let out a relieved sigh before smiling as she mindlessly massaged her foot.

“Hi, Seobaby!”

Another sniff. “Unnie… ”

The brunette was puzzled as to why her dongsaeng sounded weird, her forehead scrunching up with worry all of a sudden. “Everything okay, Juhyunie?”

The voice on the other line seemed hoarse and coughing and more sniffling was heard before the maknae answered.

“Can you visit me, please? I’m at the dorm now. Everybody’s out.”

Without even thinking about it, Jessica was already in front of her closet and was changing her clothes before replying.

“You don’t sound good, Maknae. Hold on, I’ll be there in twenty.”

Jessica swiftly got her bag and keys before rushing out the door to her car.

It was concerning that the maknae was sick and decided to stay in the dorm instead of going home to her parents. It was even more concerning that nobody was with her at the moment. Even though Seohyun wasn’t keen on inconveniencing others, she must have been feeling really awful if she asked her Jessica unnie of all people to drop by.

The brunette made a quick stop to a nearby eatery before arriving at the girls’ dorm. Fortunately for her, Hyoyeon gave her their new passcode and was able to invite herself inside without problems.

“Maknae? Unnie’s here!” Jessica shouted as she looked for the younger girl. She made her way towards Seohyun’s old room but stopped when she heard rustling coming from the couch.

“*cough* Unnie ~”

Jessica’s eyebrows rose as she hurried over to Juhyun’s side, the younger girl bundled up in a thick blanket and was visibly pale, her nose bright red, crumpled tissues scattered all over the coffee table.

“Aigoo, Juhyun-ah. You caught a cold?” the older girl asked as she felt the other girl’s forehead, who, sure enough, was sporting a fever. She caressed Juhyun’s face as the maknae tried to smile albeit not feeling well, genuinely happy that her unnie wasn’t too busy and was able to drop by to see her.

Seohyun tried to sit up and talk but ended up coughing continuously so Jessica rubbed her back and tucked her back in on the couch.

“Don’t move, Hyunnie. I bought soup and your favorite mashed sweet potatoes. I’m sure you haven’t eaten yet.” At the younger girl’s nod, Jessica just smiled and softly patted the blanket before standing up, plastic bag in hand.

“Wait for me here while I place them in a bowl for you then you can drink your medicine after, okay?”

After preparing her dongsaeng’s meal, Jessica brought the tray over to the living room and carefully fed Juhyun, the unnie wiping her sister’s mouth and assisting her in drinking some water and her medicine.

Jessica sat down on the couch after while waiting for Seohyun to come back from the bathroom and smiled as soon as the maknae got back.

“Have you told the others that you’re sick, Hyunnie?”

Juhyun sat down beside Jessica and pouted as she shook her head no.

“I want Sica-unnie ~” the maknae cutely mumbled but loud enough for the older girl to hear.

Jessica just laughed at how adorable the maknae was and opened her arms so that Seohyun could hug and lean on her, the younger girl happily snuggling up to her unnie.

“Thanks for coming here on such short notice, Unnie. I know you’re busy.” The brunette just smiled and kissed the top of Juhyun’s head.

“I’ll always make time for you, Seobaby. Cuddle with Unnie?” Seohyun nodded and the two situated themselves on the couch, Jessica patting the younger girl to sleep.

 

 

 

“We’re home!”

Jessica was startled awake and frowned as she heard the rowdiness of the other girls by the foyer and automatically looked down to check if they woke up Seohyun, too. She smiled seeing that the maknae was still asleep.

“Sooyeon?” Said girl immediately glared at the owner of the voice who called her and signaled for her to be quiet as she pointed to the maknae. The other girl quickly understood and shushed the other girls then silently made her way to the couch, bending down to give her girlfriend a quick peck on the lips.

“What’s wrong with Juhyun?” Taeyeon asked as she settled herself on the armrest by her girlfriend’s head, gently caressing the brunette’s hair. She was confused to see her since the younger girl said that she wanted to sleep in that day.

Jessica smiled as she took Taeyeon’s hand on her head and gave it a kiss before letting go and touched Juhyun’s forehead.

“She’s sick?”

The brunette nodded her head at her blonde friend who also approached them.

“Hyo, can you bring me another cold towel for her head, please?”

Hyoyeon smiled and gave her a thumbs up before heading to the bathroom.

“You’ve been here long?”

Jessica glanced at a nearby clock and shook her head, sighing contently as Taeyeon went back to caressing her hair.

“A little past two hours. She’s been sleeping for more than an hour now after eating. A bit restless, but she’s calmed down since.”

Taeyeon nodded as she went from petting Jessica’s hair to affectionately her cheek.

“How’d you know she’s sick?” the older girl asked as Hyo returned and reached out for the towel to place it back on Juhyun’s forehead.

“Oh, she called me asking if I could visit, said you guys were all out. She didn’t sound good on the phone, so I assumed she wasn’t feeling well and got her something warm on my way here.”

Hyoyeon gave Sica a quick fist bump before mouthing that she’ll prepare some snacks for them, playfully pinching Tiffany to keep quiet knowing that she really wanted to talk to Jessica and to see what’s wrong with the maknae, and just decided to drag her away while throwing a wink at the midget.

Taeyeon chuckled and looked down at her girlfriend.

“Her habit of clinging to you hasn’t changed whenever she’s sick, huh?”

Jessica giggled and looked up at Taeyeon lovingly as she patted Juhyun’s back gently who started fussing again. The two shared a sweet smile as Jessica lulled the maknae back to sleep.

“Thanks for being here, Sooyeon-ah. Sorry for making you take care of her. We didn’t know she was sick and she didn’t say anything, either.”

“I don’t mind, Tae. And you know Maknae doesn’t want you guys to fuss over her. I’m just glad it’s nothing too serious.”

Taeyeon smirked and gently bopped the sleeping Juhyun’s nose playfully.

“She just wants cuddle time with you. Selfish brat, hogging you all to herself on your day off.” Jessica laughed at that.

“Oh, stop it, you. It’s been so long since she’s been like this so I’ll take any chance to spoil her.”

“You told me that you weren’t leaving your apartment at all today. And she’s spoiled enough as it is,” Taeyeon said as she crossed her arms and quirked an eyebrow towards her girlfriend.

“She’s our maknae, of course she’s spoiled.” Right then, Juhyun tightened her arms around her unnie and snuggled contently on her bossom which earned her a chuckle from Jessica and a pout from Taeyeon.

“Ya, what about my hug?”

Jessica bit her lip to keep from laughing and just looked at her sulking girlfriend apologetically.

“Sorry, Taengoo. It’s Juhyunie’s time now. Drop by later?”

Taeyeon’s eyes immediately lit up at that and suddenly swooped down for an open-mouthed kiss, catching Jessica off guard for about a second before minding to press Juhyun’s head tighter to her so that she wouldn’t accidentally see them making out on top of her that would surely scar the maknae for life.

The midget smirked at her girlfriend’s dazed expression when she pulled away, taking delight at the brunette’s red face when she whispered something on her ear before standing up and heading to the kitchen, a skip in her step.

Jessica couldn’t help but internally squeal, pressing her blushing face on top of Juhyun’s head, heart giddy for the night to come.

 


 

A/N:

Hola, lovelies! too much negativity the past few days so i decided to write this to make us feel a little bit better.

Himnae!!