Doomed for Singledom.

That's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Doomed For Singledom.

 

 

It was the weekend. Bongcha got changed into sports wear, ready to get some exercising done after a week of sitting behind a desk at work. The TV was on with the morning news and unsurprisingly, when the entertainment section came up, it was filled with images of Kai and his soon-to-be ex-wife Jennie.

 

“Kai is a renowned ballet dancer who made a splash in the dance scene at the tender age of 17. He then shot to stardom after making his silver screen debut,” the TV presenter stated. “Soon after that he met top model Jennie, who is known as the global ambassador for numerous Western luxury brands. When the news of the two dating broke out, it took the entertainment industry by the storm. But most shocking of all was their marriage announcement. It would appear however that the young married couple struggled through their arguably rushed marriage and our sources tell us that both Kai and Jennie have been visiting divorce attorneys. This has come at an unexpected time as Kai is preparing for his next major ballet performance.”

 

Bongcha stared at the several images of Kai and Jennie being shown, most of them taken from their social media accounts. Needless to say they were a visually stunning couple, and the photos looked candid and loving. So any casual viewer must be wondering: what had gone wrong? Bongcha knew though that there was always more than meets the eye, there was always more to the story.

 

“Next is the sports section. The Asia Road Racing Championship took place in Yunnan this year and as expected, racer Wan—”

 

Not really interested in hearing about sports, Bongcha turned off the TV and put on her earphones, ready to go out for a jog. She retraced her steps back inside the flat almost immediately though upon feeling the cold temperature outside and hurriedly slipped on a light hoodie.

 

Turning up the volume of her music, Bongcha stretched her muscles and proceeded to jog around her neighbourhood, not bothering to check what direction she was going and simply letting the wind carry her.

 

Just as Bongcha was about to turn the corner, a dog appeared out of nowhere, making her stumble on her own feet in an attempt to avoid stepping on the small animal. That resulted in Bongcha crashing into the owner of the dog, sending her body jolting backwards and landing awkwardly on her left ankle.

 

“I’m so sorry— Bongcha?”

 

“Kai…” Bongcha mumbled, flinching in pain when she put weight on her left foot.

 

“Are you hurt?” Kai gasped, slighting lifting his hat to have a clearer look at her. “Let’s get to the hospital.”

 

“It’s fine—”

 

Kai did not let Bongcha finish her sentence because in an instant he had flagged down a taxi and wrapped his hand firmly around Bongcha’s arm, gently pushing her into the taxi while his other hand was holding onto the dog.

 

“To the closest hospital please,” Kai instructed the taxi driver before glancing at Bongcha. “Sorry about that again. I was taking my friend’s dog out for a walk and she doesn’t listen to me very well.”

 

“No need to apologise, I should have paid more attention to my surroundings,” Bongcha reassured the dancer before pointing at the dog in his lap. “What’s her name?”

 

“Vivi.”

 

As on queue, Vivi poked her head out, with her tongue hanging out. Bongcha smiled softly, extending her hand towards Vivi and letting the dog become familiar with her scent before proceeding to pet her.

 

“She’s cute.”

 

“She’s a spoilt princess,” Kai chuckled. “Oh we’re here.”

 

As the taxi came to a stop outside the ER entrance, Bongcha slipped out of the taxi. She faltered in her steps however upon seeing that they were at Seoul National University Hospital. She immediately turned around to climb back inside the taxi, but to her dismay it had already left.

 

“Are you ok?” Kai frowned, seeing how fidgety Bongcha was.

 

“I think I’ll head straight home,” Bongcha mumbled. “My ankle will be better once I rest a bit.”

 

“Nonsense,” Kai huffed. “We’re here already so might as well have it checked out.”

 

Grabbing Bongcha arm, Kai wrapped it around his shoulder to act as support as he guided her inside the ER. Sighing in resignation, Bongcha cast her eyes on the ground, not wanting to be seen by anyone working there.

 

“Bongbong is that you?”

 

Letting out an audible sigh, Bongcha pushed herself off of Kai and turned to look towards the source of voice.

 

“Minseok, fancy seeing you here.”

 

“Quit with the sarcasm.” Minseok shook his head before zoning his eyes on her ankle. “You’re hurt.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“That would be my fault,” Kai interrupted, holding up Vivi. “I lost control of Vivi and—”

 

Turning to look at Kai, a look of recognition flashed across Minseok’s eyes. His mouth fell open but Bongcha slapped a hand over his mouth before he could announce to the whole ER that Kai was there.

 

“Contain yourself please,” Bongcha hissed before carefully releasing her hand.

 

“Right yes,” Minseok coughed. “Follow me.”

 

Minseok purposefully chose a bed at the furthest corner and promptly closed the curtain around them after Bongcha had settled down.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter