0 2 1

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21

 

Jaeyoung had suddenly slipped a business card onto the shelf when Hera had just finished wiping shelves clean.

 

 

Their store was already closed and Jaeyoung had already finished doing her chores. Hera thought she had already gone home by now.

 

 

"Whats this?" Hera asked, wiping her hands on her shirt before taking the business card.

 

 

Her eyes scanned it's content intently but she does not seem to recognize the name written on it.

 

 

Jaeyoung crossed her arms and threw her gaze outside their store window, watching the passerby as they walked pass their store idly. 

 

 

"It's my apology," she said, her words sounded forced. "For snapping at you that day,"

 

 

The corner of Hera's lips arched into a smile. Jaeyoung had never been good at showing her emotions. She would always like to keep her calm and mature front that she always has.

 

 

She waited for Hera's answer, after not receiving one, Jaeyoung shifted her head to Hera.

 

 

To her surprise, Hera was smiling and had already kept the folded business card into her pants pocket. 

 

 

"I will forgive you if. ." her voice sounded playful "you join me for a drink today."

 

 

Jaeyoung looked startled. She did not expect Hera to forgive her that easily. Not since she knows how stubborn the latter can be.

 

 

"I mean, I deserved to be yelled at" Hera shifted her gaze, pursing her lips. "I had been hard to deal with hasn't I?"

 

 

The both of the two friends stayed silent for quite a while before Jaeyoung let out a faint chuckle. She moved closer to Hera and softly punched the latter's arm. 

 

 

"You had always been difficult,"

 

 

 

 

Hera had just stepped out from her shower. Hera took some strain off her hair and sniffed them. Finally the smell of cigarettes and burnt meat had disappeared from her hair.

 

 

She was glad that Jaeyoung and her had finally made up. One of the perks of being a witch is you do not have that many friends in your circle. 

 

 

Hera was about to tuck into bed when she suddenly heard a loud banging noise on the other side of her wall. 

 

 

It was no surprise. During the time the Kim couple had lived next door, Hera would hear various noises from time to time since the walls were thin.

 

 

But this sound was different. It sounded as if something had fallen. Something. . blunt. 

 

 

Hera moved away from her bed and placed her left ear on the wall, waiting to hear any other sound. Nothing.

 

 

"Hey," Hera shouted as her hand balled into a fist, banging on the wall. 

 

 

She waited for a while but she could hear nothing at all. Hera started to feel agitated, her brows furrowed and her breathing uneven. Something doesn't feel right.

 

 

Hera ran to the balcony located in her living room. The cold wind immediately brushed against her skin once she pushed the sliding door open.

 

 

"Hey!" she shouted again. The distance between both of their balconies was not too far away. 

 

 

She was sure her neighbour could hear her voice. . unless. .

 

 

Without thinking twice, Hera leaped from her balcony railing to her neighbour's. The thought about the possibility of her getting sued for trespassing did not cross her mind for now.

 

 

Once she had landed safely on her neighbour's balcony, she knocked on the glass window a couple of times. 

 

 

After not receiving any response, Hera squinted her eyes as she looked into the glass. A sharp gasp escaped her lips when she saw a figure lying on the floor lifelessly. He was not too far away from where the entrance door was.

 

 

Hera unknowingly placed her thumb near her lips as her head was thinking of what she should do.

 

 

Call the police?

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter