0 1 5

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15

 

 

A month has passed since then. 

 

 

Hera tried to distract herself by preparing for university. She had finally set her mind on which university she would like to get into. Although, she was sure Nana would not like it as much. 

 

 

Her hair was tied into a bun as Hera carefully placed the curry into a much nicer pot that her Nana had bought. She then proceed to set the table as neatly as possible.

 

 

Tonight was the night where she would tell her grandmother about it. 

 

 

A week after Hera had gave Wonwoo the cure, Nana had to leave again. It was lonely to say the least. . But it was something she needed.

 

 

Hera needed some time alone. Some nights she would find herself crying without a clear reason. While some nights she would find herself feeling empty. . almost like she was floating on an empty void. . alone.

 

 

Yet during most of her days, she would find herself reminiscing the memory she had with him over the smallest thing that reminded her of him. 

 

 

Hera blinks rapidly before shaking her head. Nope! She said to herself we are not going to talk about that! 

 

 

Hera had made her own rule about it. To only allow herself to remember him for three days in a week and then she would try to distract herself.

 

In hope that the number of days of longing would be less as the time went by.

 

The last few weeks had been painful but Hera was getting the hang of it.

 

 

KCHAK!

 

 

The door swung open, revealing Nana and her large luggage. She was finally home again. 

 

 

"I'm home. ."

 

 

Hera immediately ran over towards her and pull her into a hug. "Nana!" She beamed. 

 

 

Her grandmother let out a chuckle before patting the top of Hera's head. 

 

 

"I was worried that you might still be sad, I guess I got worked up over nothing," Nana said playfully. 

 

 

 

 

Nana was almost up to her last bite and Hera still could not bring herself to speak up about her decision. She knew how much her grandmother hate the thought of her becoming a witch. 

 

 

But over the years of selling potions to her schoolmate behind her grandmother's back, she had become fond of who she truly is. 

 

 

And she wanted to dive more into it. . . she wanted to learn and explore new things. Meet new people who share the same passion as her. 

 

 

"Nana there's something I have to tell you. ." Hera put down her utensils.

 

 

"Go ahead, dear"

 

 

Hera took a deep breath. She mustered all her courage as her sweaty hands were now forming a fist. "I got into Lithuanian University and I hope you don't mind," she said quite too quickly.

 

 

The last few words sounded so soft that Hera was unsure if her grandmother could hear them. 

 

 

Her grandmother was left expressionless and before she could say anything to against her decision,

 

 

Hera quickly added "I know I may not be the best in this field and I know you don't like me being a witch but. . I like doing witchcrafts and helping people. So please, Nana. . please let me do it."

 

 

The stiff air between the two of them were immediately lightens when Nana had suddenly burst out laughing. 

 

 

"Is that why you were fretting all this time?" Nana laughed. 

 

 

Hera was left puzzled. She did not get it. Why are Nana laughing? Is she not supposed to be angry at her?

 

 

"You knew?" Hera asked. 

 

 

Nana laughters finally subsided. She took Hera's hand and it gently. The hand that was once smaller than hers had finally overgrown her wrinkled ones. 

 

 

She knew that she could never forbid Hera from doing what she truly wants to do in her life. 

 

 

"I saw the letter of your acceptance after taking a shower. . Sure, I was surprised but I couldn't be more proud, dear." Nana smilled gently.

 

 

It was the most gentle smile Hera had ever seen plastered on her grandmother's face. 

 

 

"At first I was worried about you doing witchcraft to release your anger to the people living in this town. I'm afraid what the council would do if they found out. . . I didn't want to lose anymore of my family members." Hera could see tears forming on Nana's eyes. 

 

 

The council was an organization build to punish witches and wizards that used their magics for wrongdoing. Some had their magic stripped away for a few months as a punishment while some. . . had it vanished forever. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter