0 2 0

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20

 

This day could not get any worse. 

 

 

Not only she had came to work late, Hera had been suffering from a hung-over for the whole day. 

 

 

She knew Jaeyoung had noticed her oddly tousled hair and the thick, heavy smell of perfume coming from Hera when she first walked into the store.

 

 

Hera whipped her head to the direction of the door when the bell chimed, signaling her that Jaeyoung had left first without waiting for her. Not like she expected the latter to.

 

 

Hera made sure that she had already locked the back door and had turned off all of the lights before she locked the door to their store. 

 

 

The sound coming from a nearby pub made her head aches once again. She need to get a hang of herself. She's 24 for God's sake!

 

 

She let out another huff before raking her hair with her fingers. A dry chuckle escaped from her lips. Yet she stilll got hammered and ended up in her neighbour's house.

 

 

"I'm such a loser," Hera whispered to herself silently. 

 

 

She felt too tired to wait for the bus and decided to hail for a taxi.

 

 

Soon after she got home, Hera's steps halted when she noticed a figure hovering infront of her neighbour's doorstep. 

 

 

She could hear a muffled yawn coming from him as he punched in the number to his door keypad.

 

 

The man standing infront of her was way taller than she is and with his broad shoulders, Hera could only assume that perhaps he is Mrs.Kim new tenant. Besides, from what she could gather, the Kim couple do not have any son.

 

 

"Ah, hello." Hera greeted him only after she had gotten closer to where he was.

 

 

Hera was sure the man had heard her voice. However, he did not move an inch from his spot nor did he turn to see her. 

 

 

"I'm your new neighbour," she chuckled while pointing at the door next to his.

 

 

His shoulders tensed, he balled his hands into a fist before reluctantly turn to her.

 

 

Hera was a bit taken aback by his action but she was not exactly in a postion to complain about it. Not when she is possibly the reason why he had to spend the night on his new bought couch that day.

 

 

"I see," he said. His voice deep and hollow. 

 

 

Yet it was somewhat muffled due to the knitted muffler covering his mouth. Hera could barely make out what he looks like underneath it.

 

 

"Well it was nice to meet you. . neighbour" he said again rather quickly before continuing to punch in the number to his keypad.

 

 

Hera's hand reached out for his arm but stopped. Thinking twice, she would probably freak him out.

 

 

Not only she caused him trouble that day, she is now about to pester him too. Hera took a deep breath, clearing as she pushed some strain of her hair behind her ear. 

 

 

By the time, Hera had constructed the words she wanted to say in her mind, the door to his house had already been pulled open and he was already all to eager to get inside.

 

 

Hera was not sure if it was because of the cold December air or was it because of her. 

 

 

Either way, she had already grabbed her neighbour's wrist before she could even think twice. Both of them was shocked by what she had just done.

 

 

Hera swore she could hear the man let out a sharp gasp before he ripped her hand away. Great. . now she's getting annoyed. 

 

 

Was it that bad of a night that he had to treat her like she's some kind of dirt?

 

 

"Sorry," Hera apologized. Not sure if she really means it. 

 

 

He did not say anything, perhaps waiting for her to continue. So, she did.

 

 

"I was just going to apologize for crashing into your place that night. Please tell me if I had knocked off your furnitures. ." Hera could feel the heat creeping to her cheeks. Just by imagining the scenario made her legs begging to sprint away from her now new neighbour.

 

 

He shook his head, pulling the muffler closer to the bridge of his nose when he felt it slipping down. Hera could not help but to stare. Astound by how long his fingers were.

 

 

He cleared his throat when he catches her staring. "It's okay. Nothing broke. ." he uttured, "except my back."

 

 

At first Hera nodded upon hearing his words. Relief that she had not cause any ruckus. But then her eyes slowly grew wide once she decipher his words.

 

 

"Y-Your back?" her voice sounded croak. 

 

 

She then let out a cough, she almost choked on her own spit. 

 

 

As Hera struggle to get her composure back, she was sure she could hear a chortle coming from the man. 

 

 

"My advice as your new neighbour is. ." He steps inside his house, his hand resting on the door handle. "To be more careful with men,"

 

 

And with that, he closed the door right infront of her face. Hera's face slowly turning red. In anger and in embarrassment.

 

 

That jerk! Hera punched her fists to the air. 

 

 

She had never been this angry before. Not since a very long time.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter