0 0 6

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

 

BOOM!

 

 

The ten years old girl shuddered under the table as she pulled the blanket that was wrapped around her body, closer to her. Her eyes were tightly shut and whenever the thunder roared, you could see her frail body jolted. 

 

 

Hera's brought her hands together. "It's going to be okay," she whispered repeatedly as if it was her own safety chant. 

 

 

KCHAK!

 

 

Her eyes peeled open when she heard the door opened. Did Nana come back early? The little girl thought to herself. 

 

 

Hera wanted to get out from her hiding spot but as soon as her ears caught the sound of the thunder rumbling, she quickly hide herself back again. 

 

 

"Hera," 

 

 

She heard a familiar voice calling for her. It was none other than Wonwoo's mother. The feeling of relief washed all over her but she still could not muster the courage to go out. 

 

 

Hera winced again when the thunderclap rumbled. 

 

 

"Hera!" A voice called as Hera heard someone flipped the tablecloth slightly.

 

 

Hera turned her head to the side and to her relief, there stand ten years old Wonwoo with a few story books in his hand. 

 

 

Hera quickly pulled the boy into her embrace. "Wonwoo!" She cried as she buried her head deeper into his neck.

 

 

Later, Wonwoo's mother had made a cup of hot cocoa for her before tucking both Hera and Wonwoo to bed as she stayed at the living room. 

 

 

Wonwoo stared blankly onto the ceiling. He could feel the girl who was lying next to him had tightly held his hand. Her palms was sweaty and everytime the thunder roared, he could feel her hand tightened around his. 

 

 

It was starting to get annoying. He had only came here because he did not want his mother being inside a witch's house alone. 

 

 

Who knows what could have happen. 

 

 

"Hey," Wonwoo called for the girl as he laid to the side. 

 

 

Hera, who had her eyes tightly shut had opened them to see the latter. She did not answer. Her lips was pursed shut. 

 

 

"Why don't you try to distract yourself from thinking about the thunder," he whispered silently. 

 

 

Hera's eyes were teary. She looked so scared. Does all witches scared of a mere thunder?

 

 

She shook her head a few times. 

 

 

"I tried. That doesn't work."

 

 

Wonwoo went silent as his head started thinking. He could not have the little witch to call his mother everytime she was scared. 

 

 

He could not let that happened. 

 

 

"Then how about this. ." Wonwoo drew his face closer to Hera. He could feel her breath hit his chin every time the girl exhaled. 

 

 

"Everytime you are scared, call me instead. . ." The ten years old boy said boldly, he would rather take the risk than risking his mother's life. 

 

 

"I would come running!"

 

 

Hera went silent for awhile as her dark eyes blinked as the second passed. Wonwoo looked persistent which made her laughed. 

 

 

It sounded silly for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter